• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

M.Steiner

Do we know what time on the 8th this will open up for those of us who didn't manage to get an early access code, btw? Like, would I be able to play at midnight tonight (UK)? Or is it gonna be later on tomorrow sometime?

Looking forward to trying it either way!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The best Walker Assault for the rebels I have seen so far was bothe AT-ATs down to a fourth of their health. I have not seen a single rebel win.

I've seen one AT-AT drop once, while the other was on 2/3rds. Empire just doesn't really need to do anything; they're always at the front line, with mechs, and as long as they're shooting people they've got it in the bag. Rebels ideally need to capture and hold points to trigger consistent Y-Wing bombardments, while then directing fire on the AT-AT when they're temporarily exposed.

bombshell

Yessss, first win for me as Rebels in Walker Assault.

PS4 .PNG captures below.

starwarsbattlefrontbek9u8i.png

starwarsbattlefrontbekouqt.png

starwarsbattlefrontbedzu9y.png

starwarsbattlefrontbekku2v.png

starwarsbattlefrontbe55u86.png

Liamario

Banned
It actually plays a lot like Garden Warfare for some reason. This isn't an insult by the way. The game is a lot of fun and no doubt Star Wars fans will enjoy it even more.

bombshell

Do we know what time on the 8th this will open up for those of us who didn't manage to get an early access code, btw? Like, would I be able to play at midnight tonight (UK)? Or is it gonna be later on tomorrow sometime?

Looking forward to trying it either way!

It will vary by region and platform is all they've said, I think.

Cynn

It actually plays a lot like Garden Warfare for some reason. This isn't an insult by the way. The game is a lot of fun and no doubt Star Wars fans will enjoy it even more.

That's high praise. GW is one of the best 3PS ever made.

Nibel

The game needs to be a tad less 'sterile' in both shooting and design, but other than that it's a bunch of fun

The best thing about any DICE MP game at the beginning is seeing people who cannot control air vehicles continually crash throughout the match.

Liamario

Banned

-MD-

I don't feel that at all and I put like 150 hours into Garden Warfare.

This feels exactly like Battlefield to me, even the health pools and TTK feel similar to Battlefield, players in GW are much more durable.

Liamario

Banned
I don't feel that at all and I put like 150 hours into Garden Warfare.

This feels exactly like Battlefield to me, even the health pools and TTK feel similar to Battlefield, players in GW are much more durable.

It definitely feels like battlefield too. It's a combination of both I think.

Kezen

Banned
That's because the game is 900p on PS4 I believe.

Or it's a special kind of blurry 1080p, but it's still better than the reported 720p resolution on Xbone.

Can't really blame DICE though, they do what they can with the hardware.

Ark

Oh man this beta is SO MUCH better than the Alpha, and I thought the Alpha was fantastic. Haven't played Walker Assault yet so I can't speak to any balance changes, but Drop Zone on Sullust was super fun.

Can't wait to get home tonight and play some more :)

Xater

I've seen one AT-AT drop once, while the other was on 2/3rds. Empire just doesn't really need to do anything; they're always at the front line, with mechs, and as long as they're shooting people they've got it in the bag. Rebels ideally need to capture and hold points to trigger consistent Y-Wing bombardments, while then directing fire on the AT-AT when they're temporarily exposed.

It seems to be possible for the rebels, but you need to be incredibly on point. Like 7 or 8 Ys at every point. Otherwise there is just not enough time to do any damage.

Ferr986

insult? if it really plays like GW then it's awesome. Does third person camera works as well as GW too?

Almost got the hook on an AT-AT with a snowspeeder, but I instantly died even though I was "balancing" the ship as it said to with r-stick.

It was doing its turns but the circle put me straight into the mountain. Not sure if I have left stick controls.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
The dogfights are awful in this game. Can you barrel roll or anything. It almost always devolves into us flying circles around each other until one guy gets bored or someone gets an ally. Literally the worst dogfights Ive ever played.

bombshell

It's game breaking for me being 900p. I could overlook it when BF4 was out...2 years ago but now...with a game that seems like a reskin...hype evaporated...

lol

Are you playing it? If not, maybe play it first before declaring it a reskin.

Cc23830

The best thing about any DICE MP game at the beginning is seeing people who cannot control air vehicles continually crash throughout the match.

This be me...
I tried battlefield for the first time ever last night in anticipation of this and could i get my helicopter or plane to go forward or back. Nope. I was good at pointing the nose towards the sky and crashing back to the ground though

Top Bottom