• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

This is out in less than 24 hours on the Xone

If their previous early access schedule is anything to go by.

Excite!

Also Vin, didn't have nowhere near a problem on BF compared to BF4/BFH in regards to spotting enemies. But it's not the best.

Ooh, this means I have something to look forward to on Twitch soon. I'm excited to see if this game can live up to any expectations and what it can offer without having to worry about the pricey season pass.

JimiNutz

Banned
Is there a limited amount of time that you can play it via EA Access?
I've never used the service and am surprised that you can just pay for a months subscription and get the full game five days early? Are the modes limited or is there a time limit for how much you can play?

Man i really wonder how Endor is going to look like on both consoles. The Desert and Snow locations are easy things. But Endor with all the vegetation going on is the real test for the AA Solution and Resolution.

@Elzar if you need someone tomorrow, hit me up :D

gossi

EA Access not only has a 10 hour free trial of Battlefront starting shortly, you don't have to buy the game to do the trial.

I decided if I wanted to get Need for Speed using EA Access. Realised I didn't like the game, hyped defused, didn't buy.

GRaider81

I know there "isn't much difference" but it definitely Is blurrier than the PS4 version

That without doubt would annoy me if I had both consoles and had to choose. I appreciate that some peeps aren't bothered by IQ though

Personally getting this on PC but I'm considering double dipping too as most of my mates will be playing on console

Dabanton

10 hours is very generous especially for a MP focused game. I was a little leery about the Beta. The levels chosen to showcase were actually fairly boring once the novelty of the game having a Star Wars covering wore off.

I'm hoping the full game is a lot more exciting.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
EA Access not only has a 10 hour free trial of Battlefront starting shortly, you don't have to buy the game to do the trial.

I decided if I wanted to get Need for Speed using EA Access. Realised I didn't like the game, hyped defused, didn't buy.

Wait, you just need to buy the Early Access subscription to try out Battlefront early?

Theorry

10 hours is very generous especially for a MP focused game. I was a little leery about the Beta. The levels chosen to showcase were actually fairly boring once the novelty of the game having a Star Wars covering wore off.

I'm hoping the full game is a lot more exciting.

Goes faster then you think btw. The hours in Hardline were over very quick. It doesnt take real game time btw. It takes also time if you are in menu's etc. So its really important that you fully quit out of the game when you not really playing. Otherwise you are wasting hours. :)

Isurus

Will we get an OT once the trial goes live? Seems to make sense given anyone with an Xbox One that is interested will be playing it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Playing both betas on a 27" monitor, I found the X1 version to be a lot less sharp and blurrier compared to PS4. Also, matchmaking took a lot longer on X1. I may try the EA Access version just to see how the full game plays, but I will buy the PS4 version.

Theorry

Playing both betas on a 27" monitor, I found the X1 version to be a lot less sharp and blurrier compared to PS4. Also, matchmaking took a lot longer on X1. I may try the EA Access version just to see how the full game plays, but I will buy the PS4 version.

Well 720p vs 900p. ;)

Falchion

Downloading this now and will hop on at midnight to start my 10 hours. I know it'll go quick but it's cool we get some early time before the general release.

GravyButt

I noticed with madden and nhl they were up around 4-5pm est on Wednesday (day earlier) than advertised to play. Not sure if thatll be the case here. Ive digitally preordered so ive been preloaded on the xb1 for a bit, can't wait. But now to fight between fo4 and this!

I noticed with madden and nhl they were up around 4-5pm est on Wednesday (day earlier) than advertised to play. Not sure if thatll be the case here. Ive digitally preordered so ive been preloaded on the xb1 for a bit, can't wait. But now to fight between fo4 and this!

I actually wish there was a bit more time between them. Guess I'll have to switch them over occasionally.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So jealous that PS4 owners don't have a option to play early :'(

But still excited to see some Xbox footage.

RoKKeR

Yeah I'm hoping they push the button a bit early again on this one. Probably won't be able to play much tomorrow.

Is there gonna be an OT for this thing? First really high profile game launching early because of Access. (On GAF at least)

Kingsora

Yeah I'm hoping they push the button a bit early again on this one. Probably won't be able to play much tomorrow.

Is there gonna be an OT for this thing? First really high profile game launching early because of Access. (On GAF at least)

Yes I too was interested in when the OT is going up?

RoKKeR

The OT will be up soon. Just finishing a few things on it.

Sweet. I'm still not totally committed to picking this up but I feel that the trial might sway me.

Also, the potential for DLC here is so high. Force Awakens, Prequel, expanded universe, etc...

Kingsora

Sweet. I'm still not totally committed to picking this up but I feel that the trial might sway me.

Also, the potential for DLC here is so high. Force Awakens, Prequel, expanded universe, etc...

The DLC makes the game actually so interesting for me. If you see how the game looks right now, the potential of seeing Droids vs Clone Troopers or Dog Fights between the Death Star. For the first time I am actually really excited to see what they are going to do with the DLC.

Oynox

Need for Speed was up even earlier. I played it on the evening off the 28 CET already... Maybe it goes by GMT which is in roughly one hour.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Ea access is the xbox ones best feature. I doubled my xbox games list when I paid the 20 pounds, Excellent service. Battlefront was easier to play on the xbox one too due nobody using a keyboard and mouse I was doing well on each game where as I was getting destroyed on pc beta using my 360 pas.

Jtrizzy

too bad you can't pre load the demo lol. I'm getting this on PS4 and PC, but will be alternating between this and FO4 for the next few days.

Top Bottom