• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last Hoth batch, full resolution. Sorry for the image spam. I'm done now (unless I can get a match of probe capture going).

s1e5s72.jpg

s21hse5.jpg

s3yzshr.jpg

s4s4s8a.jpg

s59osrv.jpg

s6wos86.jpg

Boss1337

disappointed ..would have been nice if EA Access subscribers had of been given a day or 2 priority access to the beta or at least been able to preload the beta download to jump straight in on the 8th

Machina

Banned
Finally had a chance to play a few Walker Assault games, and apart from being hilariously unbalanced to the point where the uplinks don't even matter, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Well done, DICE.

Machina

Banned
The dogfights are awful in this game. Can you barrel roll or anything. It almost always devolves into us flying circles around each other until one guy gets bored or someone gets an ally. Literally the worst dogfights Ive ever played.

Have you tried evasive maneuvers on the D pad?

It really annoys me that i have this constant stutter and lags on XboxOne. And i dont know what causes it.

Already redownloaded the Beta. I hope is has something to do with the new Dashboard. Dont have a other explanation for that

Jumper, I have the new dash as well, but I haven't noticed a constant stutter on Battlefront as of yet?

Could be server related perhaps?

It really annoys me that i have this constant stutter and lags on XboxOne. And i dont know what causes it.

Already redownloaded the Beta. I hope is has something to do with the new Dashboard. Dont have a other explanation for that
Sounds like you just need to give up playing this game on Xbox. No amount of programming skill is going to make up for the hardware gap unfortunately.

Jumper, I have the new dash as well, but I haven't noticed a constant stutter on Battlefront as of yet?

Could be server related perhaps?

It doesnt feel like Server issues. The game drops frames too for me.

Yesterday, yes the Servers were shit. But i tried a match some minutes ago and still the same shit going on.

The main menu is running fine, but ingame, it gets messy.

I was about to update my post with some actual thoughts, haha.

I'm playing on Xbox One (based ModBot!), for reference.

Visuals are gorgeous, even though it's clearly 720p on XB. It has a slight blur, but performance holds up well so that's where it matters for me.

Servers are a bit shit atm (because I'm playing at an off time, admittedly), and it's hard to find more Walker Assault games, but the few I played were literally everything I have ever wanted in a Star Wars game.

People were getting force choked, tie fighters were slamming into the ground, AT-ST's were obliterating people left and right, lasers were flying left and right, it was the SW game of my childhood dreams.

Go onto the Sullest map and, eh. After riding the high of Hoth, this was just underwhelming. No vehicles, no big wars going on, just some small firefights. I know some people will love this, but I prefer the "all out war" type of gameplay here.

Oh, and Tatooine was pretty fun, but I ran it solo since it's 6:00 a.m. where I am right now haha.

Connection while in game is actually really solid, bar some minor rubberbanding in WA. Hit detection was spot on.

That's about all I got for the moment, but if you have any questions, I'll be happy to get to them throughout the day when I can pop in here!

And the anti-aliasing? This is what really bothered me in BF4, those nasty jaggies. Better here?

And i assume the chance of a resolution bump to say...the Titanfall resolution is pretty much zero?

So considering the beta impressions in here this isn't the "unfinished, completely broken game" some podcast was talking about?

w0s

disappointed ..would have been nice if EA Access subscribers had of been given a day or 2 priority access to the beta or at least been able to preload the beta download to jump straight in on the 8th
Shesh they don't give you enough already?

And the anti-aliasing? This is what really bothered me in BF4, those nasty jaggies. Better here?

And i assume the chance of a resolution bump to say...the Titanfall resolution is pretty much zero?

Not a chance they will bump the resolution. There are already some fps drops here and there. Sellust has more.

KevinG

So considering the beta impressions in here this isn't the "unfinished, completely broken game" some podcast was talking about?

I'm gonna reckon that game is Syndicate.

I truly expect Fallout to be polished (as far as Bethesda games go).

Battlefront is looking to have had he budget to do right by the Star Wars license.

bombshell

My biggest fear for this game is it's content and variety.

It's not going to lack in MP modes. They tease the modes on the mode selection screen.

And we know it will have 12 maps at launch, with the 2 Jakku maps coming for free early December. Obviously we don't know about the map variety yet.

They also tease the solo/co-op mission types, although according to the official website Missions page there's other mission types in the full game as well.

You can preload. I just pre-loaded it earlier.
Download was roughly 10GB
ycZgWTj.png

So ive tried some other games, and this dont have this issues i have with the Beta on XboxOne.
Its definitely the beta then. Can Server issues really produce this kind of things i experience?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Real last one. Vader. PNG @ 1440p.

171jee.png

todahawk

from the other thread since it's dead:

Yeah, I'm having a shitload of fun with it so far. First time in a tie interceptor screaming around Hoth I was giggling like a little girl. Cleared the skies and started some strafing runs on rebel defenders and was able to take out some turrets. AT-STs were a goddamn blast.

Luke & Vader both were fun to play around with. Loved my gut reaction to seeing vader pop up over a rise as a regular player. Force choke never gets old.

Agreed on post launch support. I think the unlock system and star cards are interesting enough. Really can't wait to start customizing my character more.

Broke out my best headphones last night and was not disappointed with the audio. The music is great but the soundfx were really impressive. Great sampling from the movies, even some of the more obscure sounds... greatly appreciated as a fan. Felt like I was playing the damn movie on Hoth.

Sullust was fine and was surprised by the environmental hazards. Ok for a smaller map. Tatooine was really nice for the survival map. The tusken raiders in the background and the dried bones crunching underfoot were a really nice touch. Better atmosphere than I was expecting on that map.

---
Had one freeze early on PS4 but was able to close the game and restart quickly.
Hit detection seems spot on and I had no lag issues at all. Got into games quickly and easily.

Imperial

It's not going to lack in MP modes. They tease the modes on the mode selection screen.

And we know it will have 12 maps at launch, with the 2 Jakku maps coming for free early December. Obviously we don't know about the map variety yet.

They also tease the solo/co-op mission types, although according to the official website Missions page there's other mission types in the full game as well.

So we know all the multiplayer gamesmodes except Droid Run and Cargo. I imagine the latter being a variation of capture the flag.

Top Bottom