• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Over-Run

Wait so is there vehicles scattered in the map like previous Battlefronts or can you only enter them by using cards?

Ferrio

Banned
This game might be the best looking and best sounding game I've played ever. It's really hard for me to not overlook the very very bare bones mutliplayer stuff, but man that absence of a ping is criminal.

Wait so is there vehicles scattered in the map like previous Battlefronts or can you only enter them by using cards?

Bit of both, the powerups are placed in certain spawn areas. So you just find the powerup and use it. Kinda ruins immersion, but gets rid off vehicles taking up space and asshats not knowing how to take off properly.

GravyButt

Played as the rebels twice this morning and we won both times taking down the AT-ATs. I couldnt believe my eyes when we did it. Still not sure how we managed to do it twice, but we did it twice. XB1 btw. I still cant believe how much fun this game is. I honestly had 0 interest, now im definitely preordering this bad boy. Cannot wait!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eatchildren, are those PC screens?

Yep. All my shots are PC 1440p on Ultra with AA turned off.

Also, I get an average of probably 70 - 90 fps.

2560x1440
Ultra, no AA
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz
8GB RAM
980Ti 6GB

Game uses about 3GB VRAM from memory, give or take.

Durante

Yep. All my shots are PC 1440p on Ultra with AA turned off.

Also, I get an average of probably 70 - 90 fps.

2560x1440
Ultra, no AA
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz
8GB RAM
980Ti 6GB

Game uses about 3GB VRAM from memory, give or take.
What types of AA options does it have?

Rizific

I like this game, the graphics are so good, it is very simplified compared to Battlefield, there isnt even a reload possible on your weapons.

However the Snowmap is SO unbalanced, rebels have absolutly NO chance of ever winning. I took down one AT-AT and we STILL lost, its crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP6ow4DOWGE

Gameplay is PS4.

huh, i would have thought that taking down the AT-AT would have been a do-manually thing. that little mini game is kind of off putting, but whatevs. but my goodness, i cant wait to hear this game blasting in my headphones =0

Not sold. Cool SFX and music can only go so far. The game feels very shallow, especially $60 for a game with no single player

I like this game, the graphics are so good, it is very simplified compared to Battlefield, there isnt even a reload possible on your weapons.

However the Snowmap is SO unbalanced, rebels have absolutly NO chance of ever winning. I took down one AT-AT and we STILL lost, its crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP6ow4DOWGE

Gameplay is PS4.
Yikes.

Would have hoped to have to fly that shit yourself. You had to in Super Empire Strikes Back on SNES.

What the fuck is this shit?

Herbs

Banned
My TV couldn't hold my max ranking.

yEnA96w.jpg

nath999

I cannot believe how boring this turned out to be. Everything feels so generic, all the guns feel so similar and the maps despite looking different all feel the same. I've had some great games getting 30+ kills and it doesn't feel very rewarding.

Walker Assault was definitely fun for a bit then gets super repetitive.

The only things I'm digging about this game so far is the fantastic sound effects and great graphics, everything else is so boring.

I cannot believe how boring this turned out to be. Everything feels so generic, all the guns feel so similar and the maps despite looking different all feel the same. I've had some great games getting 30+ kills and it doesn't feel very rewarding.

Walker Assault was definitely fun for a bit then gets super repetitive.

The only things I'm digging about this game so far is the fantastic sound effects and great graphics, everything else is so boring.

Yeah it seems to be like Titanfall, where it's executed pretty well, but the total lack of depth will kill it in short time. :(

huh, i would have thought that taking down the AT-AT would have been a do-manually thing. that little mini game is kind of off putting, but whatevs. but my goodness, i cant wait to hear this game blasting in my headphones =0

That is reeally, really disappointing. Do we know the resolutions for the consoles yet?

Anyone here pre-loading on Origin and suffering from some real crappy d/l speeds? My speed are never great, at best 600kbps but right now I can't even reach 300kbps. Was hoping to get Warframe downloaded on Steam after this to fill some time but it's gonna take me all day at this rate.

Venom Fox

Banned
Can that survival mission be played offline? My friend has shit internet and a cap.

It can be played online solo, I did it last night. It wouldn't take much data though, as there wouldn't be other players in the game and the assets etc are on the disc.

Edit: What's the best way to get screenshots from my PS4 and post them here? Also is anyone getting annoying blur when trying to take a screenshot on PS4? I always get it unless I'm stood stone still.

Jeremy

Yikes.

Would have hoped to have to fly that shit yourself. You had to in Super Empire Strikes Back on SNES.

What the fuck is this shit?

I don't think I did this in Super Empire Strikes Back but I remember doing it in Shadows of the Empire for N64 and it sucked dick. I like the new method personally but kind of wish they would have used the Shadows of the Empire method just to see how people would have taken it.

Nete

Grabbed an early key from Rock Paper Shotgun, and I've absolutely love what I've seen for now. Also, the recommended specs are pure bullshit.

Is GMG with the -23% coupon the best deal out there for the game on PC?

v1lla21

So majority of people are enjoying the game, right and is it really shallow? I'm hoping that it's just the beta being capped at level 5 and people wanting to try more things. I'm so hyped for Thursday :D

bombshell

Not sold. Cool SFX and music can only go so far. The game feels very shallow, especially $60 for a game with no single player

How can you not notice the singleplayer part taking up the right half of the main screen? And you can also see most modes are locked, so the beta feeling shallow is probably to be expected.

Top Bottom