• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Y'know, as a guy who fell out of love for this franchise years ago as well as scoffed at the idea of having a 7th movie, I've watched this teaser about 8 damn times now.

Fuck it, sign me up for the midnight release.

Salsa

beam itself certainly looks different but we dont know shit about that lightsaber opposed to others, so yeah

for all we know this dude modified it itself after seeing that youtube star wars cut hands supercut

Watevaman

While I'm on the fence about the cross-guard of the lightsaber, I do think the blade itself looks awesome. It looks much more like pure energy being contained (ala the sun) than some perfectly straight piece of light that's been sculpted.

always found the phantom menace teaser to be...not very good. inserting talking scenes in the middle of it drags it down and plus jar jar is all over it.

would have been much better if it was just music only tbh.

Symphonic

Loved it. Just enough of old feel for me to feel secure and just enough uncertain new stuff to keep me anxious/excited.

Gonna guess that the Sith is Adam Driver. Very lanky and that looks like his walk.

While I'm on the fence about the cross-guard of the lightsaber, I do think the blade itself looks awesome. It looks much more like pure energy being contained (ala the sun) than some perfectly straight piece of light that's been sculpted.
Yeah, it's going to be cool seeing it clash with a more traditional lightsaber.

The rolling robot screamed Lucas to me.
How so? It seems fairly practical to me.

iVYC5SKIm8s1Q.gif

Holy shit this is amazing.

Fliesen

Nah, it looks the same.

There's a weapon stuck to the side of it in one of the shots that isn't there in the following shots, that's all.

i wonder what kind of weapon this is. It doesn't seem to be a gun, and the part closest to the rider seems to be some sort of handle / hilt
then again, this could be the muzzle of a really long - long range rifle

The colors look nice and it looks like it will be good to look at, unlike the prequel trilogy. However, the writing/direction is still a problem, and just going "LOL JEDIS AGAIN" is a very lazy use of the setting.

Salsa

The colors look nice and it looks like it will be good to look at, unlike the prequel trilogy. However, the writing/direction is still a problem, and just going "LOL JEDIS AGAIN" is a very lazy use of the setting.

so we have a stormtrooper as the lead and this is jedis again?

What I loved about the trailer:

The opening shot with John Boyega in the stormtrooper outfit
The new look of the stormtrooper
Really like how Kira Solo looks (If that's the name they are going with)
What she drives looks awesome
I loved the dialogue
Loved the ball droid with a head on top
Loved the bad guy with that lightsaber (I was worried about this at first, before I saw the teaser)
Love the X-Wing, and Millennium Falcon
Loved how it looks so far, and the special effects look extremely awesome.
I love how the worlds, technology, and setting looks

What I didn't like:

I was hoping the TIE fighters would be upgraded, since it's been like 30 years. I hoping they change up the TIE fighters in the movie, and that the ones shown in the trailer aren't the only type of TIE fighters they use.

Which brings me up to the setting. I don't mind natural settings. But I also want to see worlds that are out of this earth. One of my favorite parts of the prequels is that alot of the worlds were different from the Original Trilogy. I just want want a combination.

Overall, I am excited, and very happy. I can't wait for more trailers to show more of the movie. I can't wait for this movie to come out.

LevelNth

Banned
The best part of the trailer is that it focuses on the new characters.
Absolutely. I hope they don't show Han, Leia or Luke at all. Would be a great surprise in the theater.

My hype for this film is getting to insane levels right now. So much awesomeness in store. How is the Empire back together? Is it even the Empire? Who's running the show? How does the Sith come back? IS IT EVEN THE SITH?!

WHERE'S LUKE!!!???!!!!

Fliesen

Looks like Star Wars alright. That last shot of the MF seemed over the top unnecessarily.

it's a similar loop-de-loop when they fly into the Asteroid "cave" in Empire. instead of diving down 90° they do a 270° looping.
People flying the falcon love to do these kinds of maneuvers, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom