• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Josh5890

I just downloaded it for the Switch. Can anyone offer tops to a first time player? If it matters I’ve played the living crap out of Animal Crossing

Mediking

For real yo.

It's there an endgame? Just got to summer year 2, starting to stack the dough. Feels like im about to get too rich for the game. Sigh.

Just how the heck are you rich??? Are you buying anything? Lol I'm also in Summer Year 2 and I have cash but not alot.
I just downloaded it for the Switch. Can anyone offer tops to a first time player? If it matters I’ve played the living crap out of Animal Crossing

Save up for a bigger backpack as soon as possible.

Master fishing as soon as possible.

Defuso

Thanks for the link!

Question: are cranberries worth growing in Y1? The nerf kinda hit them hard.

They are not as good as before, but still pretty great for Y1. There are other options though, which are also pretty good. Dangerouslyfunny has also a video about the profits for the seasons.
(I prefer multiple harvest plants in combination with alot of sprinklers.)

Dingens

Just how the heck are you rich??? Are you buying anything? Lol I'm also in Summer Year 2 and I have cash but not alot.

Save up for a bigger backpack as soon as possible.

Master fishing as soon as possible.

I'm also in summer of year 2 and have like 100k+ I can hardly get rid of...

btw, where can I buy a bigger backpack? I've been looking for one for ages, but no store seems to sell one?

JustJavi

I'm also in summer of year 2 and have like 100k+ I can hardly get rid of...

btw, where can I buy a bigger backpack? I've been looking for one for ages, but no store seems to sell one?

I got my second backpack at the regular shop. It's on the right counter.

The crackling sound is bugging me the more and more I play, hope they patch it soon.

Already at like 15hrs playtime even with that annoyance though lol.

What is the best use for the monster loot(green slimes)

Also is there a way to not fall asleep at 2am?

Its taking me forever to accumulate 2000 for the backpack.. Any. Suggestions?

MikeBison

The crackling sound is bugging me the more and more I play, hope they patch it soon.

Already at like 15hrs playtime even with that annoyance though lol.

Resetting my Switch seemed to solve this for me. Had a good 8 hours crackle free. Both docked and handheld where it was affecting both before.

DjRalford

What is the best use for the monster loot(green slimes)

Also is there a way to not fall asleep at 2am?

Its taking me forever to accumulate 2000 for the backpack.. Any. Suggestions?

To start my funds off I piled all my money into crops early that continue to give, I have a massive patch for the likes of blueberries, cranberries etc that just rains money through the season if you get them down on the 1st day.

bosh

For real yo.

It's there an endgame? Just got to summer year 2, starting to stack the dough. Feels like im about to get too rich for the game. Sigh.

Kinda wondering what the endgame is as well. About 150k never leaves my pocket. I spent every last penny year 1 to grow as much as possible and reaping the benefits now.

Not married in the game so I guess I could see how that mechanic plays out

Stencil

It's still here! Woo!

Just started Year 2. The Egg Festival was almost kind of depressing the 2nd time around; wanted to let someone else win. But I didn't.

Still can't help but keep coming back, though. Starting to pretty up the farm with stone walls and stone paths. Have to wait until at least Summer before I can complete the Community Center (damn red ocean fish...)

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
This thread has been a real pleasure guys. Due to recent events I regrettably won't be dropping by to keep you (and the other thread!) up to date with what's happening, but maybe I'll see some of you on the other side. Hope you understand! x

canocha

Speaking of this..how fast does the grass come back once you go from Winter to Spring? In the middle of spring now and was wondering how the transition would be.

I have no clue.

I just buy 100 grass starters, plant them somewhere and cut it when fall is ending.

bman94

So if you close out of the bundle screen without claiming the prize are you sol?

For real...does anybody have an answer to this? I accidently did that on the Boiler Room bundle because my inventory was full when I did it and it was already 1AM in game so I didn't have time to go back to my house.

Moondrop

Banned
I finally got hooked, deep, on this Civ-level crack. Culminated in a marathon session this weekend where I didn't even notice GAF had self-destructed until late Sunday night. There's a lesson in there somewhere...

While this is temporarily a gaming forum, let me post my two (unoriginal) gripes:

1) Ages of the marriageable characters- I realize for much of human history people got married at 15/16, so I basically pretend Stardew Valley is an alternate universe where that is the norm. Just consider the participants in the Egg Hunt.

2) The treatment of Joja vs. Community Center is very heavy-handed. Penny and Jodi both keep telling us about the cheaper prices at Joja, but in game they're more expensive (yes, I know they equalize if you buy the membership but that's a factor in the cost). Joja should've been cheaper, forcing the player to pay a premium if they want to support local businesses over economies of scale. It really clashes with the rest of the hard work/investment themes of the game.

Man, I feel terrible about it but I got bored of Leah the moment I married her.

I've been fooling around with Penny in the bath house and last night I did bad things with Emily in a tent.

bosh

Man, I feel terrible about it but I got bored of Leah the moment I married her.

I've been fooling around with Penny in the bath house and last night I did bad things with Emily in a tent.

Hahaha , Stardew Valley was a nice civil area before you showed up! Look what you have done !

Stencil

Just got my first crash. I thought I had avoided it. Spring 17 or so, Year 2.

It was the first time I cooked anything, FWIW. I had interacted with the fridge and stove before but never cooked anything. Finally I cooked 2 things for the community center, Fried Eggs and Maki, moved some shit around in boxes outside and went to bed and it crashed.

Oh well. Good time to become disenchanted, right before Mario Odyssey. This game was taking up too much of my time.

RPS37

I'm on like Day 26 of Spring a year 1. I think I'm running out of steam. Just been fishing every day for like 2 hours...

ReAxion

i’m almost near year 1 ending of spring and i wish i did more homework before starting. kinda wanna start over but also dont(?). heckdew valley.

Shadoron

I just downloaded it for the Switch. Can anyone offer tops to a first time player? If it matters I've played the living crap out of Animal Crossing

I ended up focusing on clearing the mine during my first year, and dumping the profits from minerals into 6 of each spring fruit tree. You should have zero issues collecting enough cash to get them all before fall Y1. They will be ready to produce by spring Y2 as long as you plant them by the first day of winter. Once you have the trees, you should have hopefully unlocked bee huts, which are a nice passive income from spring through fall. Built 9 of those. After that, just focused on crops for Y2. Loads of cash. Keep investing that into fruit trees for summer and fall, and you will have more money than you know what to do with, and don't have to concentrate on crops or animal products, unless you want to. You should have to only spend minimal amounts of money on gear for the mine, as it conveniently will give you better gear the further down you go.

H1PSTER

I've bought this game three times on different platforms but on the Switch is where I finally become totally obsessed with it.

It feels so good to play with the controllers, I love that I can play it wherever I want too... It's just got me completely hooked.

Damn you GAF for getting me back into this game, my berry farm is booming with gold and my chickens eggs are larger than ever and I couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom