• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I've avoided all spoilers and guides for this game. Just finished day 4 and i've basically done nothing. Tried to do the first 2 quests and still miss a couple of people to meet and don't know if my turnip is ready to harvest or not.

Do I just keep running around town without an agenda?

you wouldn't meet everyone immediately, going to the saloon during evening or during town events you can talk to everyone solves that

as long as you water your plants everyday, you'll eventually be able to pull them off the ground when you press A near to it

So I've avoided all spoilers and guides for this game. Just finished day 4 and i've basically done nothing. Tried to do the first 2 quests and still miss a couple of people to meet and don't know if my turnip is ready to harvest or not.

Do I just keep running around town without an agenda?

I did exactly that.
I never looked out for people and still met all 28 people in spring.

Aiii

So not worth it
Collecting sucks, especially fishing. I completed three parts of the town improvements and I am ready to sell out. Getting gold is a cakewalk, I’d rather do that then spend time collecting bundles. Fuck it, I am joining the system.

Fliesen

I have a hard time timing when I should upgrade my watering can. I don't want to leave any of my crops unwatered.

Check weather report on TV daily. If the weather report says that it's gonna be raining tomorrow, water all your crops for the day and take your watering can to the blacksmith. that way you won't lose a single day of crop growth.

You should have the gold can by the end of fall and try to get the iridium can by the end of winter.

Unai

What is this?

TW427gz.png

HF2014

Bought it yesterday, and now been playing for like 6 hours straight. Suck it doesnt have a french translation , but its still a great game. Liking it so far. Fishing is tough... But now i decide to do some mining!

oatmeal

Banned
So...I think I fucked up.

I did the 25K bundle in the community center but accidentally hit B and I didn't get the reward.

Am I fucked for whatever it was? :(

pbsapeer

Banned
This game is ridiculous.
I don't crave playing it like I do with other games, but I pick it up and I can't put it down for hours.
let me just see what crops have grown...
I'll just cut down these trees ready for a stone wall in the morning.
Well I'll put that wall up now and then just leave it
Oh Abigail needs a stone, well can't leave her hanging

SERIOUSLY

I’ve been wanting this for ages, and I just got a switch, but I’m concerned about the save game bugs I keep hearing about.

Should I wait for a patch before picking it up? Or is the issue overblown?

Vicious

I’ve been wanting this for ages, and I just got a switch, but I’m concerned about the save game bugs I keep hearing about.

It depends. It seems people have found a way to prevent one of the main crash bugs (has to do with blank spaces in inventory), but it's not solved yet.

On the other hand, I've been playing this on switch since launch, I've played for over 80 hours and haven't had one crash.

Aiii

So not worth it

There is a fix coming in the next patch. And even if not, there is a workaround.

Nosgotham

This game is ridiculous.
I don't crave playing it like I do with other games, but I pick it up and I can't put it down for hours.

SERIOUSLY

me too....its kind of becoming a problem....

HF2014

This game is ridiculous.

SERIOUSLY

Funny thing is atm im just doin some quest, progressing into the mine, i have like 20 seed to wait to grow, no investment at all on my farm, and im still having fun, for like hours now.

Yop, this game got something in it, might be cocaine , i dunno, but its fuckin addictive lol

JakeD

So...I think I fucked up.

I did the 25K bundle in the community center but accidentally hit B and I didn't get the reward.

Am I fucked for whatever it was? :(

I don’t think there’s a way to get back those rewards if you don’t move them into your inventory. It’s a crystalarium and definitely worth starting the day over for if you still can. If not, it’s not the end of the world. You can craft them once you hit level 9 in mining

Now that it's known what triggers the bug, just keep in mind how to avoid it and you should be fine. As someone who never uses their kitchen, I have never encountered the save bug and have around 100 hours played.

The audio crackle bug is more annoying because it's much more consistent, and requires developing the routine of restarting the game every few days.

My advice is go for it.

Memles

Is there a known bug tied to attaching lures/bobbers to fishing poles, or am I just not understanding how I'm supposed to do so?

Brakke

Banned
Is there a known bug tied to attaching lures/bobbers to fishing poles, or am I just not understanding how I'm supposed to do so?

Can only attach them to the Irridium rod. Then it works like Bait where you pick up the bobber, then hit Y on the rod.

Nosgotham

i was playing stardew valley while chilling in the bath tub. i dropped my switch in the tub....

its sitting in rice right now....what will i do while i wait to see if its ruined?? ive got crops to harvest! Spring 2 just started

Afrocious

Anyone have any recommended guides for getting a ton of money in year 1? I was following one but once I hit fall, I realized the guide was written before berries got nerfed.

I'd like to min-max the game to see how far I can get. I've done a regular playthough up into Year 2, but I'd like to see what I can do if I were efficient.

I know of the mushroom floor in the mine. I'm having trouble rushing to 80+ floors in Spring though.

Fliesen

So, this just happened:

... i built wooden fences from the inside out (for my spring fruit tree) ... and i didnt pay attention that the opening was pointing at a young pine tree. Also, my axe is currently at the blacksmith's, getting upgraded.

... i had to watch my character faint in her own garden because i'm stupid.

Zzoram

So, this just happened:

... i built wooden fences from the inside out (for my spring fruit tree) ... and i didnt pay attention that the opening was pointing at a young pine tree. Also, my axe is currently at the blacksmith’s, getting upgraded.

... i had to watch my character faint in her own garden because i’m stupid.

Pick axe can break the fence. If the piece is fresh enough, it retrieves the piece instead of breaking it.

Kiro

I just entered Fall Year 2 and I am getting a bit fatigued with this game. It is so fun but once you have sprinklers set up, you really don't need to do much. And the animal 'pet and get produce' every day gets a little stale.

Zzoram

I just entered Fall Year 2 and I am getting a bit fatigued with this game. It is so fun but once you have sprinklers set up, you really don't need to do much. And the animal 'pet and get produce' every day gets a little stale.

Ya year 2 is getting a bit stale. The animal part is what I find most tedious, farming crops I don't mind.

I might just get rid of animals eventually.

How do I grow enough outdoor grass to keep animals fed? They seem to eat grass faster than it grows.

Defuso

Anyone have any recommended guides for getting a ton of money in year 1? I was following one but once I hit fall, I realized the guide was written before berries got nerfed.

I'd like to min-max the game to see how far I can get. I've done a regular playthough up into Year 2, but I'd like to see what I can do if I were efficient.

I know of the mushroom floor in the mine. I'm having trouble rushing to 80+ floors in Spring though.

Watch this video for an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4_7qmE9iR4

and this guy in general (the latest videos are kinda different from the old ones, which i prefered)

Fliesen

Really? I've broken stone walls with my pick axe, but mine was gold.

Mine’s iridium. Mabe the difference is that one’s a wall, one’s a fence. It definitely didn’t work, otherwise i wouldn’t have committed “stamina suicide” by repeatedly casting my fishing rod onto the ground ;)

oatmeal

Banned
I don’t think there’s a way to get back those rewards if you don’t move them into your inventory. It’s a crystalarium and definitely worth starting the day over for if you still can. If not, it’s not the end of the world. You can craft them once you hit level 9 in mining

Phew.

Unai

I thought the water can would be the first tool I upgraded to iridium, but I unlocked the little guy who sells iridium sprinklers long before I had enough iridium ore to starting upgrading stuff. Now I don't manually water anything anymore.

I upgraded the pickaxe, and I think the next thing will be the hoe, the axe and only then the water can.

One item away from completing the community centre... A duck feather.
My little duck is only on 1.5 hearts, do they only drop feathers at 4?

Top Bottom