• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

what? any source?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...pc-port-outsourced-due-after-console-versions

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/20/devil-may-cry-pc-being-outsourced-coming-after-consoles/

But I actually found out about it after browsing for the latest AMD drivers, which led me to:
AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP1 (should be used in conjunction with AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8)
Max Payne 3 (DX9): Resolves light reflection corruption in single GPU mode
Far Cry 3: Improves CrossFire performance
Hitman Absolution: Improves Anti-Aliasing performance for single GPU configurations
Sniper Elite 2 – Resolves the flickering encountered when pressing Alt + Enter in CrossFire configurations
Crysis 3: Improves CrossFire performance and fixes corruption
Devil May Cry 5: Improves CrossFire performance
WarFrame: Improves CrossFire performance
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission: Resolves single GPU corruption when enabling Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center

edit: and capcom itself apparently xD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
guess i was living under a rock by that time, any words on gfwl?

Not to my knowledge, but Capcom has said of the PC port of RE6 that "there is good news in that process", and some have taken that to be a hint towards the dropping of GFWL in favour of Steamworks. Also, there was a community Q&A recently and somebody asked why Capcom prefers GFWL; Sven answered with a small list of the pros of using GFWL, but prefaced this with "as went into the decision making process back in the day", which could further suggest Capcom has finally left the Lonely Hearts Club.

def sim

Oh right, I almost forgot about the PC port of RE6. I gave that game a proper chance on consoles and all I have to say is wait for a good sale. It's not as bad as the reviews portrayed it, but it's not worth full price.

Goddamn the Gentlemen of Steelport mod is awesome.
Pretty much a required download for anyone who owns Saints Row the Third.

size matters said:
NPCs hate each other, cars hate you, throw on low-gravity, shrink yourself, and just try to get through the day.
ibmIoFo5UHAU4Q.jpg

iHterjynq3zeK.jpg

ibjOrUtSPc6WMV.jpg

Really looking forward to the massive update the author is working on. Having almost all SR3's mods under one gui will be amazing.

Blablurn

someone who doesnt need homefront here? i would gladly pay 2,50 bucks via paypal if someone doesnt need. would even do it in advance.

Just bought Lonesome Road and Gun Runner's Stash, now own all of the DLC for Fallout: New Vegas except for the Courier's Stash. Is it worth a buck to buy those alternate outfits and starter weapons?

HULK NO MORE SMASH CODES.

OK OK, I'm Bruce Banner now, No more smash codes for me :D

Well at least he's not a dick and actually says thank you and doesn't steal the codes.

Thanks bro, indeed I'm not a lurker and I don't like to steal codes from those nice Gaffers that giveaway codes.

I just want to say that I'm very grateful with those kindly Gaffers that has gifted to me their spare games, thank you very much!

Ledsen

He offered me $1.99 for Borderlands 2 on pm since that's what he said I got it for on newegg.
This is his thread, we're all just here to provide :)

I really hate when people do that. "you got it for X so you're morally obliged to sell it for X, otherwise you're a douchebag" (not saying this is what Leon thinks, but many people do). No, you're the douchebag, I'll sell it for the price people are willing to pay for it.

camerooni

Neo Member
Amazon 'countdown to black friday' deals are up here

THQ pack - $10
Aliens vs Predator - $4
Binary Domain - $9

I think they're the only Steam unlock-able ones at this point (only looked at the 'featured items' at the top so far)

EDIT: Oooh Sonic CD - $1.24
DOUBLE EDIT: Being from Australia this was never rated for release here: Blacklight, Tango Down - $1.25 - Would I be able to a) add this to my steam account as a key if it is not available regionally within the store to me, and b) I know that Blacklight: Retribution is free to play and apparently better but I will potentially buy anything for $1.25 unless there is a compelling reason not to.. is there? Advice/Comments/Suggestions? ;)

xJavonta

Banned
Amazon 'countdown to black friday' deals are up here

THQ pack - $10
Aliens vs Predator - $4
Binary Domain - $9

I think they're the only Steam unlock-able ones at this point (only looked at the 'featured items' at the top so far)

EDIT: Oooh Sonic CD - $1.24

So do these last until Black Friday or do they end tomorrow?

DOUBLE EDIT: Being from Australia this was never rated for release here: Blacklight, Tango Down - $1.25 - Would I be able to a) add this to my steam account as a key if it is not available regionally within the store to me, and b) I know that Blacklight: Retribution is free to play and apparently better but I will potentially buy anything for $1.25 unless there is a compelling reason not to.. is there? Advice/Comments/Suggestions? ;)

Played this on the Xbox and hated it. I love Blacklight: Retribution though, so I'd avoid this, but you've already convinced yourself to buy it if you can play it. I don't have any answeres to your questions though.

Nymerio

It should explicitly state that steam is required if a game redeems on steam, right? 'Cause I've been waiting for a deal on Virtua Tennis and I'd prefer to get it on steam...

cicero

Part of the Amazon.com Black Friday sale week, this specific deal started today and ends 11/25.

Dreamcast Pack [Download] - $4.99

Comes with these:
Crazy Taxi [Download]
Jet Set Radio [Download]
SEGA Bass Fishing [Download]
Sonic Adventure DX [Download]
Space Channel 5 Part 2 [Download]

ONLY Jet Set Radio is Steam activated though. At least that is what I currently see from their individual pages. Also, you get the special $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. I just knew I should wait for the Amazon sale instead of buying it on GMG, so glad I waited.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up reminder about the sale, Issacard.

Absolutely no one plays it. There are only 4 missions available for single player and they're rather boring. It has GFWL (I'm actually cool with GFWL but I know many aren't) and it's very ugly.

camerooni

Neo Member
Played this on the Xbox and hated it. I love Blacklight: Retribution though, so I'd avoid this, but you've already convinced yourself to buy it if you can play it. I don't have any answeres to your questions though.

Maybe.. maybe not.. I'm curious about it.. like a lot of games - even bad ones - I like to check them out to see what they're doing with their UI/menu-flow/control choices/player feedback and usability/accessibility options and I've heard interesting things about this one that I haven't been able to see (though I guess youtube would give me as much)..

Absolutely no one plays it. There are only 4 missions available for single player and they're rather boring. It has GFWL (I'm actually cool with GFWL but I know many aren't) and it's very ugly.

Thanks mate.. might be a youtube one after all.

camerooni

Neo Member
It should explicitly state that steam is required if a game redeems on steam, right? 'Cause I've been waiting for a deal on Virtua Tennis and I'd prefer to get it on steam...

Yeah it looks like it is not.. there is some confusion in the related threads to that game with are never resolved which is frustrating.. but it would say it if it was.

Blablurn

Dreamcast Pack [Download] - $4.99

Comes with these:
Crazy Taxi [Download]
Jet Set Radio [Download]
SEGA Bass Fishing [Download]
Sonic Adventure DX [Download]
Space Channel 5 Part 2 [Download]

ONLY Jet Set Radio is Steam activated though. At least that is what I currently see from their individual pages. Also, you get the special $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. I just knew I should wait for the Amazon sale instead of buying it on GMG, so glad I waited.
Thats one nice deal

Man, there's so much content I skipped/missed my first time playing through New Vegas that I'm experiencing now just trying to get a set of ranger armor.

cicero

I do have to say though, buying all of this DLC from Amazon.com with single individual purchases is going to be fairly tedious, despite the fact that I will be getting a $5 promo credit with each purchase.

First to quote this gets an AVP Steam key. I bought it from Amazon only to find I already owned it...

e: sent to didamangi

Hehe, sorry for laughing but it's a funny situation. A similar thing happened to me, while trying to enter a steamgifts giveaway for rochard it kept saying I already owned it, however it wasn't in my steam library. I was about to post a thread asking if this happens to others but first I went to the steamstore and it said I owned it, and I was able to activate it that way. I ate my forgetful pie, perhaps because it was added through a humble bundle it didn't initially appear in my library.

coopolon

I do have to say though, buying all of this DLC from Amazon.com with single individual purchases is going to be fairly tedious, despite the fact that I will be getting a $5 promo credit with each purchase.

Anyone recall what the games were last year? I remember they weren't that great and the prices were pretty bad, but this year you should get a lot of $5 credits buying approximately one dollar games.

Jawmuncher

Not to my knowledge, but Capcom has said of the PC port of RE6 that "there is good news in that process", and some have taken that to be a hint towards the dropping of GFWL in favour of Steamworks. Also, there was a community Q&A recently and somebody asked why Capcom prefers GFWL; Sven answered with a small list of the pros of using GFWL, but prefaced this with "as went into the decision making process back in the day", which could further suggest Capcom has finally left the Lonely Hearts Club.

Hmmm I'd be more enticed with something like Batman AC.
Which I recall could be bought as either SteamWorks of GFWL.

Since my main interest in buying it on PC was to double dip on the achievements.
THough i'd buy it on PC regardless because of the Mod community/

Uh, anybody know what's up with this promo credit stuff from Amazon? Apparently I received 2x5$ for use in January 2013 because I bought Darkiders II and Sonic CD for my brother.

XShagrath

Uh, anybody know what's up with this promo credit stuff from Amazon? Apparently I received 2x5$ for use in January 2013 because I bought Darkiders II and Sonic CD for my brother.

Pretty much every digital purchase on Amazon from now until the end of the year will include one of these promo credits for an "Editors Choice" game in January. They did this last year, and people scored a bunch of good deals for free or really cheap.

I can't believe there's not a single game I want from the Amazon Black Friday list.
Hopefully the Steam Sale delivers. They're usually better with the smaller/indie stuff that I have on my wishlist.

It just gets applied to your next order whenever you place one.

Pretty much every digital purchase on Amazon from now until the end of the year will include one of these promo credits for an "Editors Choice" game in January. They did this last year, and people scored a bunch of good deals for free or really cheap.

this changes everything D:

Is there a list with the deals from last year?

Prezhulio

Are you letting Steam sync to cloud after you exit the game, or are you just shutting your computer off immediately. Look at the game in your library and don't do anything to it until it's says it's finished syncing.

almost always am waiting for it to sync, because i usually have a screenshot or two to upload so i have to wait for that sync to finish.

even in the case where i didn't have one to upload, i'm pretty good about letting it sync. there's no way i could have done it to this many cloud save compatible games.

Regardless of that, if there's a desynchronization between local and cloud saves Steam asks you which one you want to use and gives you time details of each save, so that shouldn't be an issue of that kind even if he turns off the comuter immediately.

i've never gotten this prompt, any advice on how i could force it to come up? at this point for alan wake, binary domain, and dead island i don't even see an option to load up a local save over a cloud save. civ 5 is a different story, but i more often than not cloud save, because ya know, that's a lot of progress that can't be redone verbatim if my computer were to crash and burn and lose those files. at this point with my steam backlog, i just wanted to finish dead island and alan wake, but with my relatively limited play time this would be a "waste" and i'll just move on to a different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom