• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Will Steam do a BF sale? Prob asked a million times

They did last year. It was kind of a running joke. Because they had that. And a couple of other sales, between sales, before the big Holiday sale.

It was during one of those weird pre-sales that I won the top 10 games in my Wishlist promotion (although they seem to have ditched those of late).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It appears Serious Sam series and Payday are on sale as well, added to my post (thanks 7extonly).

XShagrath

Can anybody confirm if that Gods and Kings Mac deal on amazon is also for windows?

I know Civ 5 is steamplay and whatnot, but just wanna make sure.

Someone on CAG confirmed that Gods & Kings works on Windows through Steam.

I don't have any of the Civ V stuff. Is $12.50 a good price for the GOTY edition, or will it probably be cheaper during the Winter Sale?

xelios

Can anybody confirm if that Gods and Kings Mac deal on amazon is also for windows?

I know Civ 5 is steamplay and whatnot, but just wanna make sure.

Yes. If you search for a game on Steam and it shows Mac + Windows, you will get both versions when you redeem a key. In almost all cases the answer is yes. There are only a few Mac only games I know of on Steam (Call of Duty Mac Editions).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Black Friday sale and Winter sale are not the same.

The big Steam sales are the Summer Sale and the Winter Sale. The "lower grade" Store-wide Steam sales are the Autumn (Halloween) sale, which is more aimed at Horror/Terror games, and the Thanksgiving (Black Friday) sale, which is like a taste of the actual Winter sale.

They're not as massive as the big sales, but they're getting bigger IMO. Thanksgiving Sale is supposed to happen in the last half of this month (last year it started on the 23rd, on a Wednesday).

If this is your first Winter Sale, be prepared for madness come December. If you were around for the Summer Sale, it's usually bigger than that.
My wallet is crying already.

kennah

They did last year. It was kind of a running joke. Because they had that. And a couple of other sales, between sales, before the big Holiday sale.

It was during one of those weird pre-sales that I won the top 10 games in my Wishlist promotion (although they seem to have ditched those of late).
Have you even gotten all of those yet?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

HoosTrax

I'm looking at my Steam history, and it looks like the Autumn sale was around the 23rd of November last year.

Anyways, I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal on a nice sound card. My X-Fi died and the onboard sound isn't really doing the Torchlight II soundtrack justice. (what hardware are you guys using?)

xelios

Only mac versions of civ V are on sale on amazon? Any idea if the PC versión are going to have the same discount?

When you register them on STEAM you will get BOTH Windows and Mac versions of the game(s) regardless. I am going to highlight this in red I swear.

Babalu.

Theres only a few games i'm looking for and I hope at least one of them happens in the thanksgiving sale because I don't want to wait till christmas time

Chivalry
Witcher 2
Endless Space
Natural Selection 2

Need one of those for the thanksgiving sale to hold me over till the christmas sale

RedSwirl

Waiting for fall/winter sales on the following:
Torchlight II (confirmed)
FTL
Hotline Miami (missed the Amazon sale)
Mark of the Ninja
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
To the Moon

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I would probably take a Sin match 3 game at this point; so I may be in luck

I want to visit the alternate universe in which Episodes was able to continue as planned, just to see which came first: its Episode Three or Half-Life 2: Episode Three/Half-Life 3. :p

So just how bad is DNF? Thinking about it for $5, will be okay with the $5 credit.

I enjoyed it enough to finish the campaign and even play through the SP DLC. The game is hodgepodge of classic-era game design, modern idiosyncrasies (i.e. tapping space for awesome) and a sloppily-updated UE2.5 aesthetic, but overall I found it to be decidedly average rather than outright awful.

I think it was the Giant Bomb crew who said DNF should have been redesigned as a self-parody: Duke genuinely wants to save the world, but his hey-day and general usefulness have long passed since Duke3D; however, with the people of Earth at their wits end after many failed attempts to stop the alien invasion, they decide to begrudgingly indulge Duke's grossly inflated sense of self-worth and his awful 90s-era one-liners. I hope this is the approach Gearbox takes should it decide to continue with the franchise.

Kind of ot but I think I finally need to get a good microphone for desktop use.

Can anyone recommend me a sub $100 high quality microphone, not a headset or webcam, thanks in advance.

DagsJT

Kind of ot but I think I finally need to get a good microphone for desktop use.

Can anyone recommend me a sub $100 high quality microphone, not a headset or webcam, thanks in advance.

I've recently been looking to buy a desktop microphone and the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone seems the best/most popular choice.

I've recently been looking to buy a desktop microphone and the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone seems the best/most popular choice.

Thanks man, short of any other recommendations in the next hour or so to something more professional like a Shure or something, and it doesn't have to be usb because I have a 1/4 in line in port. Might go look for something professional in a pawn shop, but new needs to be less than $100.

I'll press buy on Amazon, right one?

Think I'm going to start streaming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom