• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is something that had me a little surprised but it's published by Techland themselves? I swear it was Ubi at first as well.

Techland owns the IP, so copyright ownership of individual works reverts back to it after a time. A long time, but a time all the same.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not a big issue but I've been having a weird bug with Big Picture: whenever I go in and out of the mode the language of the online portions of normal Steam mode are set to English, while it continues to be in Portuguese in BPM. My actual settings aren't changed and it goes back to normal with a restart.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
AC:M is a horrible trainwreck.

No it's not.
You're just mad because it didn't have a special mutant arm-friendly control scheme, admit it. :p

I was supposedly loved and I'm gone too.

Well, if you can't cut it, no wonder I'm gone.
SteamGAF's full of good guys, Frost is the villain. :p

Not a big issue but I've been having a weird bug with Big Picture: whenever I go in and out of the mode the language of the online portions of normal Steam mode are set to English, while it continues to be in Portuguese in BPM. My actual settings aren't changed and it goes back to normal with a restart.

There's only one sentiment for dealing with BPM and your username captures it perfectly... just add a few more Us at the end.

so guys, I know dragon age 2 isn't that great but is it a decent game if i go in with low expectations, should I play through it before getting to the latest? also some yay or nays would be appreciated on the following:

Dragon Age Awakening

The Saboteur

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

milena87

This gotta be my 4th time playing Origins, such a good game that I'll never get tired of it. It's a shame Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition isn't on here. I would play 2 again despite disliking it quite a bit. Hawke was a cool character design though.

Eh, I played Origins that many times as well :)
I also played DA2 that many times... I realize that I'm probably crazy, but despite everything, I really liked the game and the characters.

What character are you playing now? I loved playing a mage and a dual wielding rogue in Origins. Always female and elf, though.

I'm glad I went for an elf in Inquisition as well. I love how most of the characters freak out at first :p

so guys, I know dragon age 2 isn't that great but is it a decent game if i go in with low expectations, should I play through it before getting to the latest? also some yay or nays would be appreciated on the following:

Dragon Age Awakening

The Saboteur

Well, as I said, I really liked Dragon Age 2. Yes, it has 3 caves, 1 mountain and 1 city, but the characters are fun, the story is interesting and personal and the combat is pretty much a faster DAO. I recommend playing it at least on Hard.
Also, Inquisition is about the direct consequences of DA2 and one of its DLCs, "Legacy", so I'd higly recommend it at this point. If you buy DA2, buy at least Legacy as well.

I really enjoyed The Saboteur and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if it was on Steam.

Chariot

If he intentionally cleaned you off the list, like a good number of us, then why would he accept a new friend request from you, you silly vegetable?
Well, he certainly didn't clean me, right?

ibamnpAU1kUEw3.gif

Shadownet

Banned
That dreamcast collection looks good though.
Since you haven't accepted my friend request yet, I can PM you it :)

Oh don't worry about it. I'm sure I'm going to grab the BTA tier anyway if it keep dropping. Hopefully the locked games will be good.

Also, for those of you who like to message me on Steam but whenever I don't repond is because I'm either away from my PC most of the time. Or rarely I just don't feel like talking to anyone. Contrary to popular belief. I'm really shy and introvert. So I like my alone time more than anything. It's nothing against you. I would ignore Gaben if he message me at the wrong time too.

But I love you all.

derExperte

Dragon Age Awakening

The Saboteur

yay

nay (not bad but can be very glitchy)

YAYAY

Dr Dogg

Techland owns the IP, so copyright ownership of individual works reverts back to it after a time. A long time, but a time all the same.

Well distribution contracts are different in time and function from release to release so who knows what's the dealio was. I can remember it disappearing for a while and then cropping up again so I'm guessing that's when things changed over. Looking at who published the first game it was multiple publishers all over the world.

Still £6.99 is not a massive amount of money but feels wrong at sale time. Plus I'm hoarding my card monies for when Disney decided to not discount their LEGO games again.

kafiend

It's too late now, I suppose, but do you remember whether or not that the item you received was tradeable?

Sorry for the slow reply, but if you were asking if the game was tradeable my end then no, it arrived directly in my library and never hit my inventory.
From the traders side the item would not have been tradeable as he bought it for me on request or was under 30 days old. His inventory did not have the game (or any other for that matter) when I checked before I spoke with him about it.

Edit: Giveaway was fine, nobody took the key. New giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HeebieJeebies, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Total War: Rome II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-A289D68FBE9496A3

t1416955935z1.png

derExperte

Somehow I doubt it will be worse than Time Ramesses, The Slaughtering Grounds, Evopollution, Guise of the Wolf and One Day for Ched....

As a fan Alien 1-3 I felt personally insulted by their attempt to squeeze their stupid story into the canon. The series never was consistent but AC:M is something else. Something evil.

Cerity

Is it just me or have a lot of games dropped their 'only allowed run in restricted countries' tag? been out of the loop for awhile in regards to this stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
What character are you playing now? I loved playing a mage and a dual wielding rogue in Origins. Always female and elf, though.

I'm glad I went for an elf in Inquisition as well. I love how most of the characters freak out at first :p

I'm doing a human warrior at the moment. My first playthrough on PS3 was an elf rogue, then a human mage, dwarf warrior. Surprisingly this is my first time doing Human Noble which apparently is considered the best origin story.

Miguel81

As a fan Alien 1-3 I felt personally insulted by their attempt to squeeze their stupid story into the canon. The series never was consistent but AC:M is something else. Something evil.

Alien 3 is a rough one. Not a bad film, but so damn bleak that I can't re-watch it ever again.

The difference is that millions of dollars got sunk into AC:M, like in a morass.

Also this

I really don't care what the game's budget was. I just care whether or not I found it enjoyable. And I definitely had more fun with A:CM than some other high profile FPS games I could mention. :p

Also, the only Alien movie I liked was Aliens; the rest of the series is pretty much garbage... and as such, I couldn't care less with whether the story is cannon or not. :p

Miguel81

I really don't care what the game's budget was. I just care whether or not I found it enjoyable. And I definitely had more fun with A:CM than some other high profile FPS games I could mention. :p

Also, the only Alien movie I liked was Aliens; the rest of the series is pretty much garbage... and as such, I couldn't care less with whether the story is cannon or not. :p

Oh, come on. You did not enjoy the first? That film was the epitome of 70s Sci-Fi horror.

Arthea

I like weird games, you all know I really do, but Particulars is too weird even for me. I'm not enjoying it, maybe it's "not my thing" thing or maybe it is a tad too odd for being a game (><)

In other hilarious news, I totally bought Sega bundle for CoH2, happily even... only to realize it's not a full game afterwards. Oh well, Xmas already near, other games will do as additions to gifts, good games after all.

Dr Dogg

It begins

http://media.tumblr.com/9ea488e1a41427ded0713666a68bf16b/tumblr_inline_nbfwztVlN01sz4acd.gif[IMG]

[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939688"]Aviary Attorney - Hatoful Investigations. 1840 french art inspired VN Adventure game[/URL][/QUOTE]

You know what I could dig this. Art and the map looks fantastic but I guess this will live or die by it's writing.

milena87

I'm doing a human warrior at the moment. My first playthrough on PS3 was an elf rogue, then a human mage, dwarf warrior. Surprisingly this is my first time doing Human Noble which apparently is considered the best origin story.

I could see why people say this, as it's connected to the Denerim part of the story, so it might seem to have a bigger impact overall.

Dwarf noble gives you an interesting glimpse of Orzammar and the darker side of Bhelhn, though. It was certainly one of my favourites.

My favourite overall was the dalish elf, however. The origin itself was fun to play and the character gets the taint from an ancient Eluvian, so I love how it connects my Warden to this great mistery. It's also the one with more ties to DA2 (thanks to Merrill and her clan, since it was the same clan of the dalish warden).

That's why I consider my canon story the one with my dalish rogue :)

I never tried a warrior in Origins. When I had one in my party I always made sure to have at least 1 mage with haste, though. Made things much faster and I actually liked using Sten/Oghren that way. My favourite party in both DAO and DA2 was 2 mages and 2 rogues :)

Oh, come on. You did not enjoy the first? That film was the epitome of 70s Sci-Fi horror.

No. It wasn't scary, it wasn't entertaining, it was boring. Just like the third film. Then again, a single alien combined with Sigorney Weaver for 90+ minutes is not my idea of a good time.

Honestly, I probably enjoyed Alien Resurrection more than Alien or Alien 3 when it came down to it. Sure, it's a ludicrous premise and ends up being over the top in that it takes itself seriously while at the same time managing almost a B-movie type vibe where it never should have been released to theaters.

I'm actually surprised that his favorite one isn't Alien:Resurrection.

Urge to rewatch right now rising.

Ha. Close, but not quite.

Nothing can beat Aliens. It took the great design for the Alien and brought forth what the first one was missing: scale.

Game over, man. Game over.
aliens-o.gif

Alien is garbage now

wow

just

wow

Terminator-deal-with-it.gif

Don't ask me about more movies you like... you probably won't like my answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom