• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well, you've actually played it, so it's a reinforcement loop for you ;)

Looking at it and especially the tactical layout and combat mechanics I get the feeling me and DA:I will not get along. Might pick it up sometime later though for story story time but next year is another RPG packed one and I'm hardly started let alone finished on this years massive amount I've picked up.

Edit: Or maybe I should ask Rhaknar what the hook is exactly
dXdC7Vv.png

I want a fruit machine

The one's I'm talking about eat up all your money and still want more in exchange for lots of jingle jangling lights and sounds.

Sky Chief

Been away for a while, lots of traveling?

So Steam sale starts tomorrow?

Also, my brother in law is a big Borderlands 2 fan and was telling me he wanted to buy some DLC. I was thinking of buying it and giving it to him as a present. What are the best DLCs? Should I consider just buying the GOTY edition if it goes on sale?

Ozium

I've been playing Gemini Rue for the last couple of days and it is really good.. I'm a sucker for PKD-like worlds tho... Are there other P&Cs that are similar?

How are the Blackwell games? I hope the collection goes on sale this winter or something...

Chariot

Also, my brother in law is a big Borderlands 2 fan and was telling me he wanted to buy some DLC. I was thinking of buying it and giving it to him as a present. What are the best DLCs? Should I consider just buying the GOTY edition if it goes on sale?
The Season Pass has new missions with varying quality, but generally entertaining. If I had to choose: "Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage" and "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" are the best ones. Mechromancer and Psycho are two entirely new player characters with unique playstyle. Headhunter DLCs are very small new missions. More a appetizer than anything else. Everything else are just new skins.

Sky Chief

The Season Pass has new missions with varying quality, but generally entertaining. If I had to choose: "Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage" and "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" are the best ones. Mechromancer and Psycho are two entirely new player characters with unique playstyle. Headhunter DLCs are very small new missions. More a appetizer than anything else. Everything else are just new skins.

Okay cool, I could just gift him this right? http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BL2GOTY/borderlands-2-game-of-the-year-edition

If you don't get the GOTY edition, at the very least get the Tiny Tina DLC. It's the beefiest and all-around best. I enjoyed all the DLC except for the Torgue DLC. If you want higher levels and more storage, get the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade packs. Personally I'd recommend getting the two extra characters too, Gaige and Krieg (Psycho), as I had a lot of fun with those characters.

How are the Blackwell games? I hope the collection goes on sale this winter or something...

The first one is good.
The second one is okay.
The third one is very good.
The fourth one is great.
I haven't played the fifth one - waiting for a sale - but from what I've heard it's excellent.

Edit: and if you want a Philip K Dick style game, Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG and quite good.

Well, if he is already a BL2 fan, he will have the base game. I don't know if the GOTY works with someone who has.

Guys, what happens if you already have the base game an then buy or get the GOTY?

I believe the GOTY edition is just the base game plus some DLC, so if you have the base game, it just gives you the DLC. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been playing Gemini Rue for the last couple of days and it is really good.. I'm a sucker for PKD-like worlds tho... Are there other P&Cs that are similar?

i liked the first one, didn't care much for 2 and 3 and then stopped playing them

i hear 4 goes back to the "clues system" from 1 which sounds promising but i don't think the series is all that great

blackwell has nothing on gemini rue

i wasn't much of a fan of resonance either. it had some neat ideas but managing 4 characters at once wasn't as entertaining as it should've been

Sky Chief

The first one is good.
The second one is okay.
The third one is very good.
The fourth one is great.
I haven't played the fifth one - waiting for a sale - but from what I've heard it's excellent.

Edit: and if you want a Philip K Dick style game, Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG and quite good.

I agree with your comments on the first four Blackwell games and the fifth is fantastic, the best by far

Miguel81

You need to play Blade Runner from Westwood Studios, but unfortunately it isn't available on Steam or GoG yet.

Yup, that is a definite recommendation. Loved that game from playing through it awhile back. This Belle vue tune is espcially memorable.

Tizoc

I played all 5 gmes this year and really enjoyed them. THey're all great in their own way and I trongly recommend getting them.

Kifimbo

Still had this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-6F4E41754BBCBE1A - Taken by The Reloader

Is there someone that knows how to play SEGA bass fishing? The game explains NOTHING and there are no guides on the community xD
I don't understand which bait I should use and what to do when I catch a fish xD

Dr Dogg

You know I don't think I can go back to playing Dark Souls II without bokeh DoF now. It just works soooo well (in terms of aesthetics obvs). I just know it's going to be a kneecapper later on so will have to dial something else back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Noooooooooooo when did it got moved to the community tab?
____:(____

groundhog day vibes...

least excited ive ever been to a sale :/ Granted, it doesnt help when you own 2,2k games or whatever im at now, but also, it doesnt help that its always the same fucking games getting the big deals. its not like my wishlist is any smaller than what it used to be, in fact its bigger than ever, but when its always the same games, its pointless. not just on steam either, I took a peak at the gamersgate sale and its the same old shit as usual

zkylon

zkylewd
groundhog day vibes...

i watched that movie the other day when i was sick in bed and it was a lot less funny and a lot more depressing than i remembered

bill murray doe <3

least excited ive ever been to a sale :/ Granted, it doesnt help when you own 2,2k games or whatever im at now, but also, it doesnt help that its always the same fucking games getting the big deals. its not like my wishlist is any smaller than what it used to be, in fact its bigger than ever, but when its always the same games, its pointless. not just on steam either, I took a peak at the gamersgate sale and its the same old shit as usual
at least you can get christmas presents for all your friends!

oh wait valve and publishers ruined that for everyone

cicero

groundhog day vibes...

Steam sales have been on a downward trend for a while now, at least that is what it seems like for myself and most people I end up commiserating with who aren't somewhat new to Steam. Time to start working on your GOG collection!@#

ah i don't got enough cash on my paypal for all 4 games so I'm just gonna go with plants vs zombies. i haven't beaten origins anyway so I don't really need awakening right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
at least you can get christmas presents for all your friends!

oh wait valve and publishers ruined that for everyone

except when I used to give out games like hookers give out STDs, I wasnt using russian prices, just good ol' super expensive € prices. I didnt start using putin buks until the summer

thank god I dont do that shit anymore lol

zkylon

zkylewd
all i ask for this sale is a good deal on shovel knight

i know this is steam thread but full price is a good enough deal

shovel knight is awesome

Eh, ROW is pretty big.
(Sorry Eastern Block, Asians and a few others)
i can only gift salsa now

i'm as good as dead

There have been gaps in my keeping up with Steam news, did I miss something?
well new games are coming with region locks and if i'm not mistaken it's being retroactively being added to old games so basically if you want to gift someone from a different region you can't (or at least the game won't work for them? i'm not sure how that works)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
well new games are coming with region locks and if i'm not mistaken it's being retroactively being added to old games so basically if you want to gift someone from a different region you can't (or at least the game won't work for them? i'm not sure how that works)

You can gift them the game, they just can't add it to their library. And yes it's on all of the new subs but old subs are still only region-locked at the publisher's requests (for now).

The biggest change (imho) is that you can no longer trade games from your inventory until you wait for 30 days, though this doesn't affect gifting.

Asgaro

uh so delivery guy just knocked at my door

did any of you guys send me this as a joke? I didnt buy anything

PICS

cause I had to pay $6 shipping/handling and im guessing it's a uplay code so I wasted money

why

what is happening

The NSA sends assassins now?

shit's gone too far man. not cool.

cicero

i know this is steam thread but full price is a good enough deal

shovel knight is awesome

i can only gift salsa now

i'm as good as dead

wow. Not old games that have already been activated to accounts though, right? Just those sitting in inventories? Is there a list of games this is being applied to retroactively? This sucks, I was really using the Russian Connection to make up for the recent shoddy and lackluster Steam sale discounts and loss of Amazon as a decent cheap alternative.

... GOG here I come...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hitbox is getting a total redesign (and a dark UI - finally)

Not too long ago we celebrated hitbox's first birthday, teasing big things to come.

Today we're excited to share a preview of our site's complete redesign with you. We've improved the hitbox frontend from top to bottom and added tools behind the scenes allowing us to better help our streamers.

We put a lot of work into the foundation of how the user facing portion of hitbox is setup, enabling us to implement new features even faster in the future. We also took a lot of the feedback we have received over the course of the last year and we're now a huge step closer to what we set out to become when we first went live. We strive, and have always strived, to be:

A streaming platform that is as much built for the community, as it is built by the community.

We think the redesign shows that.

Some of the new features include:
• A Dark Mode for the whole site, with the option to switch to Light Mode
• Twitter feeds on your channel
• Featured livestreams embedded on the hitbox frontpage
• A Personalized frontpage giving easy access to the channels you follow
• Easy to browse through the games currently being livestreamed
• A responsive layout for better mobile experience, including the option to manually resize the chat
• The ability to sort and search through the viewerlist

Where do we go from here?

With the "big one", our redesign, out of the way, we can now crunch down on some of the other features our users are asking for, the most requested one being a Private Messaging System. Expect that to launch on a hitbox near you soon.

Phawx

Hey fellas. I don't remember buying Company of Heroes 2. But the DLC activated on my account.

Is this kind of like Assassin's creed 4's DLC that could also be purchased as a stand alone game?

zkylon

zkylewd
You can gift them the game, they just can't add it to their library. And yes it's on all of the new subs but old subs are still only region-locked at the publisher's requests (for now).

The biggest change (imho) is that you can no longer trade games from your inventory until you wait for 30 days, though this doesn't affect gifting.

yeah, it's pretty bullshit no matter how you look at it

they should've found a better solution

this is not 2002 anymore

wow. Not old games that have already been activated to accounts though, right? Just those sitting in inventories? Is there a list of games this is being applied to retroactively? This sucks, I was really using the Russian Connection to make up for the recent shoddy and lackluster Steam sale discounts and loss of Amazon as a decent cheap alternative.

... GOG here I come...
not sure, it's a case by case thing but apparently the region lock is automatic so unless pubs specifically ask for it to be removed, all new games will have it

no idea about old games, just ask your russian guy and he'll prolly know

but really sucks since i used to like gifting people shit

not sure, it's a case by case thing but apparently the region lock is automatic so unless pubs specifically ask for it to be removed, all new games will have it

no idea about old games, just ask your russian guy and he'll prolly know

but really sucks since i used to like gifting people shit
Old games still work, if ACRTAG is used on everything, it'll out right kill the trading market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom