• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

komorebi

Disappointed that the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC isn't discounted on Origin... this stuff is still on my list and I keep missing the sales.

I think I'm starting to get addicted to World of Warcraft guys... I've been meaning to play Steam games to clear up my library but I just keep going back for a few more quests.

Mokoi

Banned
Is there a particular reason why the steam app is a piece of shit? I just don't see why trading is not available on it. I hope someone can enlighten me on why it is not supported.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Disappointed that the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC isn't discounted on Origin... this stuff is still on my list and I keep missing the sales.

Pretty sure the DLC is bioware bucks only, and they never sell bioware bucks for cheap, or drop the bucks req'd to DL.

komorebi

The 3 Deluxe update is 50% off
Sadly, there is no package for 2 DLC.

Yeah I saw that one but the other individual episodes aren't on sale. I bought all these on 360 years ago and wanted to have them for a Trilogy playthrough but I can never force myself to buy them at full price.

Pretty sure the DLC is bioware bucks only, and they never sell bioware bucks for cheap, or drop the bucks req'd to DL.

Damn them.

Spyware

Are they ever on sale on PC?
I bought BW points to buy them a year ago but I have the bug that many people have where it's not possible to buy the DLC at all. Can't even grab the free stuff. I paid a lot for those useless BW points and the support won't help me :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a particular reason why the steam app is a piece of shit? I just don't see why trading is not available on it. I hope someone can enlighten me on why it is not supported.

If you're talking about the Android app, it's pretty much abandonware at this point and hasn't been updated in a loooong time (March 1, 2012).

It's almost 3 years old.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Are you trying to trade a new purchase?

All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
If you're talking about the Android app, it's pretty much abandonware at this point and hasn't been updated in a loooong time (March 1, 2012).

It's almost 3 years old.

I bet someone with mobile experience could update it within a day. What the hell Valve.

komorebi

Are they ever on sale on PC?
I bought BW points to buy them a year ago but I have the bug that many people have where it's not possible to buy the DLC at all. Can't even grab the free stuff. I paid a lot for those useless BW points and the support won't help me :/

I swear I've seen a sale in the past. I also remember bioware points discounted on Amazon last Christmas but...not sure how much of a deal it actually was in the end.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bet someone with mobile experience could update it within a day. What the hell Valve.

I bet someone without mobile experience could update it in a week, two tops.

Earlier this year someone took a stab at updating the existing app and modernizing it.

I guess the official reason it hasn't been updated is that Valve sacked the entire Android development team a few years back. The iOS version has been updated since, but there's really no reason that an (almost) 3 year old Android app should be considered acceptable.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Earlier this year someone took a stab at updating the existing app and modernizing it.

I guess the official reason it hasn't been updated is that Valve sacked the entire Android development team a few years back. The iOS version has been updated since, but there's really no reason that an (almost) 3 year old Android app should be considered acceptable.

Wow, imagine if someone hacks it and compromises all the accounts? Shouldn't they... you know, keep this thing up-to-date?

yuraya

Its a smart move by Valve.

What would be the point of calling it "PC" gaming if you could use a mobile phone to navigate the client. Next thing you know you find some cool game on the android app store and you fail to ever care about PC gaming again. Valve wants you on their client/site at all times with you keyboard/mouse/gamepad/eyeballs ready to play a game the second you buy it.

:p

Tellaerin

I just saw Raiders Sphere 4th on Greenlight. I'll admit it isn't the prettiest game I've ever seen, but as an Ace Combat fan, it definitely looks like something I'd enjoy playing.

Willing to vouch for the version you linked to as legit? I'm always a little leery of installing something like that blind, but if you've vetted it, I'll install it. I'd really like to have a version of the Steam app on my tablet that doesn't suck. >_<

jshackles

Wow, imagine if someone hacks it and compromises all the accounts? Shouldn't they... you know, keep this thing up-to-date?

That's definitely a concern, yes.

Willing to vouch for the version you linked to as legit? I'm always a little leery of installing something like that blind, but if you've vetted it, I'll install it. I'd really like to have a version of the Steam app on my tablet that doesn't suck. >_<

I've not used the program, but I know others who have and their accounts are still in perfect shape. The developer contacted me a while back (during the summer sale, I think) and wondered about incorporating some Enhanced Steam features into the app itself and said he was looking into that as a possibility.

I'm pretty certain it's okay, but a healthy amount of skepticism is always a good thing.

Ozium

So they really did turn Geometry Wars into Super Stardust. I remember back when Stardust came out people called it a Geometry Wars wannabe too lol

as someone who preferred super stardust to geometry wars now my curiosity is now piqued

If you pre-ordered Construction Simulator 2015 only to find yourself disappointed that the Steam logo-shaped building DLC wasn't included, you'd be pleased to know that the issue has been fixed.

*crickets*

:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you pre-ordered Construction Simulator 2015 only to find yourself disappointed that the Steam logo-shaped building DLC wasn't included, you'll be pleased to know that the issue has been fixed.

That's definitely a concern, yes.

I've not used the program, but I know others who have and their accounts are still in perfect shape. The developer contacted me a while back (during the summer sale, I think) and wondered about incorporating some Enhanced Steam features into the app itself and said he was looking into that as a possibility.

I'm pretty certain it's okay, but a healthy amount of skepticism is always a good thing.

If it's on XDA and the thread is large, odds are it's legit.
I've used some variant of that in the past and I can't say anything negative about it, though I don't know what the real differences between it and the client on the play store are.

Mokoi

Banned
I just saw Raiders Sphere 4th on Greenlight. I'll admit it isn't the prettiest game I've ever seen, but as an Ace Combat fan, it definitely looks like something I'd enjoy playing.

1) Looks like shit, but hey it is not all about graphics. I'll buy that if it gets on steam.

2) Come on live a little. I've installed countless somewhat questionable apps, and been just fine. I think.

jshackles

2) Come on live a little. I've installed countless somewhat questionable apps, and been just fine. I think.

It wasn't that long ago that Enhanced Steam was considered a questionable app by most. For some, it still is.

Annubis

How to upgrade the Steam app.

#1 Make an app that contains a browser
#2 Set default page to Steam store

It wasn't that long ago that Enhanced Steam was considered a questionable app by most. For some, it still is.

im-watching-you.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you pre-ordered Construction Simulator 2015 only to find yourself disappointed that the Steam logo-shaped building DLC wasn't included, you'll be pleased to know that the issue has been fixed.

Freezard

THE STEAM SALE STARTS AT THE SAME TIME AS EVERYTHING ON STEAM EVER CHANGES EVERY DAY, SO 16 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES FROM NOW

(don't take it personal, salazar, you're just like the 10th person to ask this =p)

Autumn sale this late? Come on Valve, it has already been winter for 3 months in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom