• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

I snapped up a copy for 2 keys as soon as I heard about it. Probably won't be buying Redux for quite some time.

But why would you? The same game (albeit better graphics) is on steam?

It only really makes sense to snap up games if their licenses are about to end etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Free for Reincarnation owners, I think (or maybe Kickstarter backers) ?

It's free for everybody who bought Reincarnation before Stainless rewarded existing owners with a gift copy of the Carmageddon Max Pack , so backers and anybody who bought it on Steam prior to said cut-off point.

Edit: Oh, there was no cut-off point; Reincarnation still includes the Max Pack gift sub (which is what 2 was added to).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wondering if I should upgrade to Windows 8 for now for the performance boost but I'm afraid of things I use not working anymore... Maybe I should have it dual for a bit and see how things go.

well it's one or the other ... you can't have both ;)
Why you gotta be like that.
Civ V and FTL are the first I can think of. I think XCOM: Enemy Unknown is one too.

You can browse some Mac games on Steam using this when the store's back up.

Here's what I have installed on my macbook

Hexcells (Plus and Infinite too)
Binding of Isaac
Papers, Please
Jamestown
Offspring Fling
Long Live The Queen
FTL
Cook Serve Delicious
Ittle Dew

Macs get the really big stuff and the really small stuff. Here's some of mine:

Amnesia - Bastion - Bioshock Infinite - Cave Story - Civ IV and V - Costume Quest - CS: GO (or Source) - Dota 2 - Dust: Elysian Tail - FTL - Gone Home - Half Life 2 and episodes - Hotline Miami - Kerbal Space - L4D2 - Limbo - Portal 1 and 2 - Psychonauts - Shadowrun Returns - Super Meat Boy - TF2 - The Swapper - The Walking Dead - Torchlight - Trine - Witcher 2

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably give Xcom and FTL a shot since I need a slower paced game so I can somewhat pay attention to the lecturer.

Just bought 2x980s... Feeling a little sick lol. Was planned and budgeted for, but still a lot of dough. Hopefully some of these games I have preordered have sli support out of the box (alien/evil within/mordor...)

Also, anywhere to get a deal on the new borderlands?

Jimrpg

I live in Malaysia at the moment, and I just noticed all the prices in the store are in local currency not US prices like before.... maybe this is old news so steam sale me if old.

Exchange rate = RM1 = $US 0.30

Examples

Dark Souls 2 RM75.00 -> $US23
Divinity: Original Sin RM75.00 -> $23
Civilization Beyond Earth RM95.00 -> $US29

Hopefully even cheaper during steam sales.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-E09FDACE2176D430 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.

t1411144830z1.png

So with the original Metro games removed from Steam are there any other games that have recent or future remakes where the original version might get removed from Steam? Guacamelee, Binding of Isaac and ARES are the only ones I can think of.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So with the original Metro games removed from Steam are there any other games that have recent or future remakes where the original version might get removed from Steam? Guacamelee, Binding of Isaac and ARES are the only ones I can think of.

The original Guac may be pulled eventually, but the original Isaac is self-published by Edmund whereas Nicalis is publishing the remake, so it'll probably stay up for the sake of 100% of the 70% revenue pie, even if it's only selling 10 copies a month.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wondering if I should upgrade to Windows 8 for now for the performance boost but I'm afraid of things I use not working anymore... Maybe I should have it dual for a bit and see how things go.

At this point I'm just waiting for Win9. It's close enough now that I don't want to bother with a reformat followed by another one shortly after. That and I hate Win8, LOL.

What Ive learned from my Ryse video is that when I reach 1k views the mean comments starts coming in. :(
But cool to see that some websites have written about my video, :)
Gonna watch it now... my Nissin Cup Noodles are ready.
Also, sorry getting bad comments :(
---
Just bought a GTX 980 to replace my GTX 680. Pretty hype about the situation despite it costing me £450.
Damnit, you peeps. I am rocking a 9600MGS since '07 and I am kind of happy being able to play all games up until '10 some way or another. That 680 would last me the rest of the decade! Anyway, congrats, man!
---
Too loud, better go Asus.
I have no clue about the dis-/advantages of the many graphics cards vendors. But I hear people raving about EVGA. Which to avoid, which to choose?
---
I wonder if I can sell my GTX 760 to get a 970..
That's a brand new card, man! The days of doubling gpu-power every 2 years are over. Wait till post-9XX at least. 20nm should hit by then
I hope
---
Thought you guys might like this PC Gamer article.
The killer PC games of holiday 2014: A comprehensive guide
Oh, that's nice. Always overlook titles. Love lists. Don't hate Gaf :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skullgirls -- MB-BD22078BE62436AC - Taken by AsylumX. 29 entrants total.

t1411148610z1.png

derExperte

Very few game or apps have problems with W8 so you should be fine.

I have no clue about the dis-/advantages of the many graphics cards vendors. But I hear people raving about EVGA. Which to avoid, which to choose?

Turns out that the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G is the best in terms of noise and comes overclocked. I'm getting that one asap. EVGA has many supporters because of their longer warranty and some kind of upgrade program but that's all useless for Europeans and the cards themselves aren't any better, no real reason to choose them imo. I've always jumped around between card vendors (and AMD/NV) to get the best deal / most quiet card and this time MSI or Asus are on top.

xBladeM6x

Why exactly did I just buy FFXIII?

Why.
Because the inner Gaben within you, as he is with us all, knows that the more profit that comes to these companies, the more that will jump onto the PC and make us ascend to a level of Gaben so great, that the afterlife Steam sales will be 90% off all year round.

Because the inner Gaben within you, as he is with us all, knows that the more profit that comes to these companies, the more that will jump onto the PC and make us ascend to a level of Gaben so great, that the afterlife Steam sales will be 90% off all year round.

Hallowed be thy name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom