• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steph Curry Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Man I remember back when he was in college I was like there's no way this kid will make it in the NBA.

In the process of taking the greatest L of all time.

tumblr_m69qs2mdiB1r5x8t7o1_500.gif

Stay winning. Jk

He's on another level right now.
Look at you lol..

spyder_ur

shamelessly copying my post from the other Curry thread.

Amazingly after an MVP season and title he seems to have stepped his game up even another notch. Truly transcendent play right now. The amount of hours of sleep this guy has cost me as I stay up on the east coast to watch him on league pass.

For the first time in at least 8 years or so I think there's a real conversation about who the best player in the NBA is.

Man I remember back when he was in college I was like there's no way this kid will make it in the NBA.

In the process of taking the greatest L of all time.

I thought he'd be pretty good to good but he's way better than I ever imagined or thought was possible.

Some players actually seem to be better in the NBA than in college.

Allen Iverson comes to mind.

These are special specimens.

Anth0ny

I'm still wondering where this came from. He was pretty good coming out of school but not even close to this level. It's like he sold his soul to the devil or something.

His run with Davidson was insane. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to translate that to the NBA but clearly he has, and then some.

He was wetting threes the same way back then as he is now.

Every time Curry has the ball is the chance for something spectacular to happen. Besides his silky smooth awesome shooting, his handles are one of, if not the best in the entire league. I mean look at this shit:

Ezeli botching the highlight for Curry

Seriously, that was some goddamn beautiful shit, what the fuck.

Who knows when we'll see someone like this again. Appreciate what you're seeing, folks, because we're witnessing history right here.

Sami+

I've only just started watching the NBA and getting into the sport - my buddy showed me Curry's highlight reel and we watched the team play last Friday. Pretty crazy shit, lots of fun to watch lol.

CS5L7ztW4AAJzf8.jpg:large

50% shooting

Supernova indeed

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3975/stephen-curry

Just remember that usually great backcourt scorers in the league shoot close to .500 from the field and .40-.45 from the 3 point line. Curry is obliterating those percentages and does it with volume (he's not taking like 3 or 4 3's a game. Dude is shooting above 10 3's a game.

His fg% is .595
3 point fg% is .488
FT% is .96

The 50-40-90 club is already pretty damn exclusive. If he shoots at this pace, he's going to be the founding member of the 60-50-90 club...

RibMan

His ball handling and shooting make him the most exciting NBA player in a long long time. He's just phenomenal.

Didn't Durant have a better series? My memory is foggy but I remember Harden being flat bad, Ibaka as well and the team just looking not ready for the moment.

Durant had his points but he was a big disappointment from what I remember.

He missed a lot of shots he usually makes.

Unless I am clouded by one game, I just don't think he looked like a gamechanger at all.

Yeah, Harden was especially awful. I laugh at people thinking the Thunder were batshit insane for getting rid of him. He can change my mind when he gets the Rockets to a Finals.

Deadspin had the best take.

There’s been a terrible mistake. The AP, ESPN, even the NBA itself—they’re all recording the final score of last night’s Warriors-Grizzlies game as a 119-69 win for the Warriors, but clearly that is the score of some kid’s video game. I mean, ha ha, 119-69, get the fuck outta here, who would even believe that shit.

By the fourth quarter, the hackers were basically daring somebody—anybody—to notice the gag, subbing out Memphis’s real players for blatantly generic Create-A-Players with names like “Russ Smith” and “Jordan Adams.” They even loaded a throwback DLC to put Vince freaking Carter in the game, and he’s been out of the NBA for like four years. How, how could nobody catch on to this. I have never been more ashamed of our sports media.

Cerato

Neo Member
I think part of the reason Curry and the Warriors are playing so well right now is because they have a chip on their shoulder from people around the league saying they got "Lucky", and won the championship because of injuries to other teams.

The main person who said this was Doc Rivers, the coach of the Clippers.

The Warriors play the Clippers tomorrow night. I don't know what's going to happen, but I suspect that Curry and the Warriors will come out in ultimate FU mode right from the start. If they can score 200 on the Clippers, they will.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but you were responding to my post in which I quoted a guy who did.

And my comment never said that. I was just quoting someone who was on the topic of LeBron and I decided to give my opinion on what I think of the two players when it comes to ball handling.

I think part of the reason Curry and the Warriors are playing so well right now is because they have a chip on their shoulder from people around the league saying they got "Lucky", and won the championship because of injuries to other teams.

The main person who said this was Doc Rivers, the coach of the Clippers.

The Warriors play the Clippers tomorrow night. I don't know what's going to happen, but I suspect that Curry and the Warriors will come out in ultimate FU mode right from the start. If they can score 200 on the Clippers, they will.

Where's the game at???

That is because Lebrawn just bullies his way around the court. Dude is huge, why wouldn't he.

He doesn't do it enough though or he'd be almost unstoppable.

He doesn't have that killer instinct.

Don't get me wrong, he certainly picks his spots and can be aggressive as fuck but so many times I have seen a little guy on him and he won't even take him to the rack.

One of these days he will realize that he's not Magic Johnson.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
That is because Lebrawn just bullies his way around the court. Dude is huge, why wouldn't he.

Okay. Great. He bullies people around the court. But my opinion still stands that because of this, he's not as attractive with the ball. I don't care what the reason for how he plays is. And I didn't say he isn't a good player. Stephen Curry has a more attractive style to me. That is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom