• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Birdie's command grab animation from the Alpha games where he swings the opponent upward with the chains and then pulls them down diagonally. It was a cool animation :(

Pompadour

I am astounded how they haven't shown new characters yet. Wasn't Abel one of the first characters announced for SF4? He was the third character revealed after Ryu and Ken.

I believe Dhalsim was announced third. I don't even think Abel was the first newcomer announced, that was Viper I think.

XenoRaven

Aren't those just the colors of the energy that the characters have when they activate their V-Trigger/Critical art, or during their victory pose?
Yes. The point of this thread is that to the left of Birdie and to the right of Cammy there are color streaks that don't belong to any of the currently revealed characters, so we're speculating over who they could belong to.

No idea about the one on the right, but I have a feeling that the left side is Viper due to the black with red streaks.

gooey

Neo Member
I see... Twelve. Yeah, I totally do ...shut up.

They should put Twelve in this game. He needs a chance to shine.

Yes. The point of this thread is that to the left of Birdie and to the right of Cammy there are color streaks that don't belong to any of the currently revealed characters, so we're speculating over who they could belong to.

No idea about the one on the right, but I have a feeling that the left side is Viper due to the black with red streaks.

Ah, I see. Was getting confused cause some were guessing from the colors of the already available characters.

Where are Ken and Blanka...and Vega, or Dhalsim? I haven't really followed the game so I'm assuming these guys are the only ones announced?

Really I just want street fighter 2 with these graphics and some new people. :(

vg260

Could orange be Sagat? Tiger and all

I don't think that's supposed to look orange, but is supposed to be more red seeing how Cammy's streak color looks more orange than red in that image. Check out the post I made earlier.

I think there's some merit to those color streaks having some significance, but I think they're actually a bit off color-wise in that image, making guessing even more random.

Where are Ken and Blanka...and Vega, or Dhalsim? I haven't really followed the game so I'm assuming these guys are the only ones announced?

Really I just want street fighter 2 with these graphics and some new people. :(

Leaker said no Ken.

Maybe he'll be DLC? He has the fanbase, for sure.

gooey

Neo Member
Kinda wish Chun had her motion fireball like in Third Strike.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Birdie have a charge move in the Alpha games?
(I never really played as Birdie)

Dremark

Banned
Kinda wish Chun had her motion fireball like in Third Strike.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Birdie have a charge move in the Alpha games?
(I never really played as Birdie)

It's been ages since I used him but he had a charge headbutt iirc.

Totakeke

Loved Xian's Nash, so dynamic and definitely reminds me of SF3. Which means Makoto would be perfect in this game, give her some close range parries.

Negaduck

If they are releasing in pairs I don't see why they couldn't do ken and Alex for the american fighters.

Alex and Mel masters?

gooey

Neo Member
It's been ages since I used him but he had a charge headbutt iirc.

Yeah, I thought so.
Is that not in SFV? I don't recall seeing it on stream, although it's possible that it's just not a great move and players aren't using it. :/

Siccness Omega

Neo Member
It's Juri & Vega for so many reasons!!!

#1) Being Ono's tweet with the statues, that also revealed Cammy.

#2) We're missing a projectile zoner & defensive keep-away archetype.

#3) That Blood Orange color is the same as Vega's sash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom