• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V introducing "PS4 Console Exclusive Game" branding

Just how angry are you about the SFV PS4 Console Exclusive branding?

Results are only viewable after voting.
After reading this thread I feel so guilty and depressed about all the poor little uninformed 1000$ PC gamers :((

Now, another cool tag to have those days would be "Cross-Play PS4 & PC" because that's something you don't see elsewhere, but I guess it's not much of a selling point. Should be stated on the back at least.

Footos22

The people complaining about a little printed PS4 console exclusive in the top corner....

Do you actually Display all your games cover facing out? That's the only way i can see it bothering you. Mad jelly of all your room space though.

Cleve

The game is on PC that's why, even though it's not a "console", the game is still there. Most of people that are not informed and read this will really think that the game is not on PC.

Most people seeing this while browsing best buy probably don't own a gaming pc, or if they do, they don't rely on console box art to let them know what platforms it's on.

Outrun

Silly.

And I am still pissed at Capcom for their silly decision not to fully fund SF.... But hey...

Highlighting crossplay would have been wonderful.

Skux

lol this is the opposite of dishonest. It's literally exactly what it says on the tin.

An Xbox One or PC owner is not going to walk into the PS4 section of GameStop, see the giant blue PS4 bar on the cover and think to themself "I'm going to buy this for my Xbox One!"

Sony should just have a big check-list on the back of the box with a list of all consoles, and a big fat green tick next to all consoles this game is playable on.

Bizazedo

Silly.

And I am still pissed at Capcom for their silly decision not to fully fund SF.... But hey...

Highlighting crossplay would have been wonderful.

If they're not splitting any profits with Sony and just had to make it console exclusive to PS4 (not even ignoring PC), it was a genius move by them.

After reading this thread I feel so guilty and depressed about all the poor little uninformed 1000$ PC gamers :((

Now, another cool tag to have those days would be "Cross-Play PS4 & PC" because that's something you don't see elsewhere, but I guess it's not much of a selling point. Should be stated on the back at least.
It is for me. I love it when games do crossplay.

VariantX

Wait this is the official art they are going with?

They couldn't find a more interesting image than Ryu just crossing his arms and scowling?

You expect anything else when they have to draw a frown on kirby in nearly every bit of cover art for those games?

Let's clarify a bit, dishonest is not actually fitted after I read all the posts but I still think that can leads to confusion to misinformed people, I think it would be better if it just says "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE".

Well not that it matters anyway, the game is crossplay, so I can still beat my friend on PS4 / PC

Well.. "console exclusive" can also be read as coming only on consoles (like Destiny).

The better option is not put the label at all.

so is it safe to assume no man's sky is gonna do this too?
71mB07oIpqL._SL1500_.jpg
I know this isn't official, but it looks like it's amazon's placeholder

Raylan

Banned
Seems rather unnecessary. TBH I never got the "only on" either.
Well it is necessary. Why? Because they are a company and they want to make money. So if you snag a deal like this one, you brag about it. It's marketing. If certain people feel offended by it, you know why.

Mr Git

Blergh, it was bad enough at the PSX conference every 20 seconds. We can look forward to other new brand boxing EXCLUSIVE CONTENT ONLY- oh shit they already do that don't they. I get why they all do it but it reeks of smugness and usually ruins the boxart.

BibiMaghoo

so is it safe to assume no man's sky is gonna do this too? I know this isn't official, but it looks like it's amazon's placeholder

I don't think they ever said it would be PS exclusive did they? Just one of those first on deals.

Why don't they just say "Not on Xbox One?" That's all it means and all they really want to say.

Because they would be using their competitors registered trademark on their own products. I'm sure you can see why that is a problem.

post-S

The game is on PC that's why, even though it's not a "console", the game is still there. Most of people that are not informed and read this will really think that the game is not on PC.
Ah I see what you mean, English grammar could be ambigious haha

Doesn't make sense. It reads like "PS4 CONSOLE" + "exclusive game". So, it looks like it's a game exclusive to PS4. It would have been better to put the words "console exclusive" together.

Yeah, it reads exactly like Tomb Raider releasing holiday exclusive to xbox.

Learn from the masters I suppose but still sucks

It's not as big a deal though, people aren't choosing between a PC and PS4.

Kei-

I just wish that we had either of these two pieces of art as the box art for Street Fighter V, instead.

CYgFQ3aUQAA6raG.png:large
U8kLHWx.jpg

Nothing against the quality of the art that's already being used, but having only Ryu is a bit dull. Understandable, but still dull.

Damn, I want that shoryuken edition art.

Why don't they just say "Not on Xbox One?" That's all it means and all they really want to say.
Well it's not on Wii U either. So to be fair with your logic it should say "not on Xbone or Wii U"
I don't think they ever said it would be PS exclusive did they? Just one of those first on deals.
ive been thinking for the longest time that it's a timed console exclusive but at this point I think I'll just go with it being a full on console exclusive till they say otherwise.
Because they would be using their competitors registered trademark on their own products. I'm sure you can see why that is a problem.
i don't think he was serious. No company would ever think that's a good idea.

I cringe when I see multiplatform games get nominated for "Best xconsole exclusive of the year" awards, and now the platform holder is getting in on the mess

thebloo

I doubt any GAFfer is confused by it, but I'd wager J6P walking into Walmart or whatever might be.

If you were an Xbox One owner with a decent PC, you could potentially walk in, see that cover and think "Shit, I can't get this on PC at least?"

Not saying it's LIKELY, but it's possible.

J6P (I had to Google that...) has no fucking clue anyway. The rare times I actually browse a PC retail shelf (we still have these in Europe) people have no idea what they're doing. Confusing GTA:SA with GTA5, trying to buy PS3 games for their PCs, etc.

Raist

Banned
Well it is necessary. Why? Because they are a company and they want to make money. So if you snag a deal like this one, you brag about it. It's marketing. If certain people feel offended by it, you know why.

I know it's marketing, I'm just saying it doesn't seem particularly useful if you think about it.
Well, it doesn't really cost them anything, I guess.

Top Bottom