• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V October Halloween Update

Shadoken

Necro semi-confirmed for S2? Seems like an Alex scenario again.

『Inaba Resident』;218935739 said:
Why come in and do nothing but shitpost

I guess perhaps there are no other good FGs out there for them, if there were they would be playing/posting about those games instead of shitting on SFV.

RK9039

I guess perhaps there are no other good FGs out there for them, if there were they would be playing those instead of shitting on SFV.

Sure.

untitled73u5e.jpg

HotHamBoy

Lol @ $4 skins. They went from 4 for $5 in SFIV with a bundle option to 1 for $4 with no bundle.

Greedy Capcom is greedy.

EDIT LOLOLOL I didn't realize they were "limited time only!" What a shitty way to encourage impulse buys.

Lol @ $4 skins. They went from 4 for $5 in SFIV with a bundle option to 1 for $4 with no bundle.

Greedy Capcom is greedy.

I own 3 complete costume DLC sets for SF4, SF5 pricing is bad, 40k FM for new stage will get that, since i got 50k now..Capcom would get my money if shit wasn't so over priced...

DR2K

Banned
It's possible to play other games and make fun of Capcom's actions over SFV at the same time.

You made your point. The root kit touched where it shouldn't. You've made your point, you've garnered your empathy, you're a survivor, and a fighter.

Village

I guess perhaps there are no other good FGs out there for them, if there were they would be playing/posting about those games instead of shitting on SFV.

To be fair I shit on SFV and Play other fighting games. Actually playing other Fighting games, makes me shit on SFV harder because now there is a comparison point and it fails. Or failed.

Village

You made your point. The root kit touched where it shouldn't. You've made your point, you've garnered your empathy, you're a survivor, and a fighter.

I don't think yelling street fighters faults off the rooftops is the way to go, everyone knows street fighter has faults. That said... the rootkit thing is a bit more fucked up than you are putting it. But its gone no so, while I don't think we should forget that... ever. No seriously never forget capcom did that. But I don't think bringing it up all the time is good either, clearly this is a thread about costumes, the rootlet is gone. Talk about the costumes and stuff.

i'm glad guile is forgotten. these prices are brutal.

looking at those screens...i think they all look good. nash is tempting. necalli normal is just amazing. too bad i don't wanna play him.

Shadoken

To be fair I shit on SFV and Play other fighting games. Actually playing other Fighting games, makes me shit on SFV harder because now there is a comparison point and it fails. Or failed.

I got nothing against complaints man , you see something thats BS you call it out. Like for example I hate the pricing and think its BS , its something that is actually relevant to this thread.

But I dont get random shitposting for an issue that got reverted in 1 day. And isnt even relevant to this thread.

Right and that is relevant to this October update how?

Greedy Capcom is greedy.

EDIT LOLOLOL I didn't realize they were "limited time only!" What a shitty way to encourage impulse buys.

No bundle absolutely sucks. I dont know why the pricing is so high compared to SF4 , There isnt even a costume for every character right?

Village

I got nothing against complaints man , you see something thats BS you call it out. Like for example I hate the pricing and think its BS , its something that is actually relevant to this thread.

But I dont get random shitposting for an issue that got reverted in 1 day. And isnt even relevant to this thread.
1 day or no, the seriousness of the issue and the... well strait up greedy malicious intent to the degree in which the root kit was found to be rooted in actual malware... is something I think is worth remembering.

Do I think its worth shit posting, nah. I don't think you are going to get any honest discussion out of that. Like strait up, I think there needed to be a much larger conversation about that, here isn't the place

MrCarter

I think the best ones are Ryu, Necali, Nash and Vega. Necali in particular has some of the best costumes in a fighting game ever due to how dynamic he can make them with his transformations.

HotHamBoy

That's literally Chun Li's zombie costume from 4, no seriously

19_hal36.jpg

It's not.

This would be more accurate if instead of "I don't want other games" he said "But I already paid $60 for SFV."

I also think people need to realizerealize where the anger is coming from. I, myself, was really looking forward to this game. I was blinded by hype and bought it at midnight on launch day, digitally. The "hate" comes from seeing Capcom consistently mishandle a franchise we all love and want to be good. It also comes from Capcom looking greedy and lazy, time and again, while remaining deaf towards criticism.

The reason you keep seeing threads shitting on SFV is because Capcom keeps giving us reasons and has yet to make good for the fuck ups.

Spman2099

These are incredibly sick. I am absolutely down for them. Great job, Capcom.

Rootkit Fighter V!

Very constructive. Thanks for adding to the conversation. You are a valuable member of the community. Everything you write isn't brutally tired, unnecessary, unwanted, and generally of a very, very low quality. /s

Perfect response.

Pachinko

No bundle absolutely sucks. I dont know why the pricing is so high compared to SF4 , There isnt even a costume for every character right?

There is no bundle pack right now because some of the characters are DLC only and.. more importantly - as great as SFV is - it didn't sell as well as capcom wanted so they've gotta make up the loss by overcharging for cosmetic DLC.

Gotta make it seem worthwhile to do a big DLC update when they inevitably give the game it's season 2 relaunch too. What I'm implying is - SFV will probably be repackaged and sold with ALL the DLC (and perhaps a season 2 preview ie- a couple characters) included on disc ... but for 60$. Then they can throw "includes over 200$ worth of DLC" on the box art and sell a season 1 supplemental package for 30-50$ that has all the costumes and such that wasn't in the character DLC package.

The stage and the halloween outfits look cool though I can say that much.

vg260

This price doesn't seem bad to me after experiences the Overwatch summer lottery loot box system. I spent $10 trying to get one of the outfits and ended up with a bunch of sprays and icons. At least Capcom lets me pick and choose. I only use about 3 characters in SFV anyways. I spent more money on my coffee this morning than its gonna cost to get that Juri outfit.

You picked the worst possible scenario to compare to, so that's not saying much.

Here's a better one:
Last year's Ultra SFV Halloween pack:
5-costume bundles for $4 or
44-costume bundle for $20
All with 20 colors each.

Is it just me or do these shots make SFV start to look a little like SFIV?

The background sort of has that same washed out look.

RK9039

Mission accomplished. You got your attention that you are so very desperate for.

I don't need to draw attention to Crapcom's countless blunders around this mess, it's already there.

If it's not malware people will complain about the overpriced DLC, which they already are.

Top Bottom