• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streetwear |OT| Built Exclusively with Supreme Bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the adidas hype is at an all time high, every single person was in a train car with nothing but nmd, ultraboosts and yeezys

nyc is hypeland
I've been a Nike fanboy ever since I was a kid but even now, I'm like damn, NMDs and Ultraboosts look clean as fuck.

I think Adidas finally got its silhouettes and styling in order. Although, I've never paid attention to this stuff over time so I really have nothing to go off of here.

Hitta93

Banned
NMDs remind me too much of Roshes, so trash.
Triple Black Caged/Uncaged Ultraboosts are legit.
Harden Vol. 1s are legit.

JLG-

Is74s4nl.jpg

Anth0ny

Jesus Christ I don't think it gets as gross as supreme. What a fucking horrible business model they have built.

artificial demand is the worst, especially in an era of bots.

funny seeing all the people on the gaming side cry about it with the NES classic. mother fucker I go through this shit every week of my life with streetwear/sneakers =/

soultron

Banned
half of the game we play is stuff being limited, some people "like" it
i'm fine with it if you're a small group of people making stuff out of your garage
but if you're some big streetwear brand like supreme: why?

FStop7

Banned
Because streetwear tastes are so fickle, I assume. It's youth culture, shit is constantly in flux. For a company like Supreme to be on top for over 20 years says they must be doing something right.

I really liked the collab they did with Undercover this year. I got the Seven Samurai and teddy bear t-shirts. I get more comments from strangers about those shirts than any other clothes I wear out. Most of them don't know what Supreme or Undercover are, they just liked the designs.

acohrs

I feel you. At the same time, I like classic companies like Adidas and Reebok and don't mind more subtle/smaller logos.

Don't mind small logos, don't like statement pieces like supreme or thrasher or palace with a logo right in the centre. That's less about the person wearing it and more about trying to look like someone else

soultron

Banned
I can't do Thrasher because of the Bieber connection, dudes. I was into skating when Thrasher was the shit, but I can't deal with this resurgence, given the aforementioned context.

acohrs

I can't do Thrasher because of the Bieber connection, dudes. I was into skating when Thrasher was the shit, but I can't deal with this resurgence, given the aforementioned context.

I can't rock skater brands because I don't skate, feels weird man like wearing a real Madrid or Brazil top but not being a fan just because it's cool

I buy streetwear casually when I have the opportunity and the over branded things are really off-putting.
I like brands that are keeping it simple or have nice graphic ( I'm a slave to Cav Empt) but I have issue understanding things like Fear of God and Off white.
Those prize are crazy for clothing that is not techwear or luxury heritage brands.

I saw some Vetements stuff, I just don't get it.

Is it me that is getting old? Or are the kids wrongs?

acohrs

I buy streetwear casually when I have the opportunity and the over branded things are really off-putting.
I like brands that are keeping it simple or have nice graphic ( I'm a slave to Cav Empt) but I have issue understanding things like Fear of God and Off white.
Those prize are crazy for clothing that is not techwear or luxury heritage brands.

I saw some Vetements stuff, I just don't get it.

Is it me that is getting old? Or are the kids wrongs?

TautFarawayBudgie-size_restricted.gif

jokkir

Ok, so, I'm looking at these shoes at Uniqlo:
yskzC1f.jpg

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-lace-up-shoes-194223.html

Should I cop? It looks much better in person but I'm worried about the quality (although I'm already not expecting much in terms of quality). I may get the black one because white will probably get way too dirty especially since it's winter.

I mainly wear techwear type clothes.

Will post this in the Streetwear thread as well.

aznpxdd

Picked up these Air Jordan 1 Retro Cyber Mondays! One of the issues I've always had with Jordan colorways is that while they look good, are not the easiest to pair with your wardrobe. These on the other hand, are easy, black/white sneakers!

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Is this the right place to bitch about those nasty-ass skinny trackpants that seem to be all the rage? Who in the fuck thinks that's a good look? People actually spend real money on shit that would have gotten your ass kicked in grade school and rock it like it's the hottest style ever. Makes me want to puke with rage.

Godamn, fashion is so beyond me.

Is this the right place to bitch about those nasty-ass skinny trackpants that seem to be all the rage? Who in the fuck thinks that's a good look? People actually spend real money on shit that would have gotten your ass kicked in grade school and rock it like it's the hottest style ever. Makes me want to puke with rage.

are you talking about joggers? cause if you are, you are in the wrong place lol

lots of us rock those

MoodyFog

Anybody got experience with hyper denim?

And probably dumb question but: how are you supposed to change the length of a zipper pants denim?

Banglish

Bye felcia.
Edit: lol succinct tag

to kick off the new year i wanna talk hats

i've been rocking this hat for pretty much the whole year and its been pretty good (except when i put the flaps down i look like i'm 14) but i wanna hear from you guys about your own hats

camp caps? snapbacks? bucket hats? no hat at all?

tumblr_oic6fn7mka1tcx8cuo1_1280.png

acohrs

mXyupD1.gif

EVOL 100%

i've been rocking this hat for pretty much the whole year and its been pretty good (except when i put the flaps down i look like i'm 14) but i wanna hear from you guys about your own hats

Beanies and bucket hats. Can't stand snapbacks tbh

Regular, 6 panel caps. Bought this one the other week.

Find it difficult to find caps with good designs on them though.

soultron

Banned
Regular, 6 panel caps. Bought this one the other week.

Find it difficult to find caps with good designs on them though.

Late last year I grabbed this grim reaper polo spoof, it's from Acapulco Gold. They have a red one too, if you're into that. Construction/materials are really nice.

I like simple stuff. I don't find I really have loyalty to one brand though, since my taste is pretty narrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom