• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

Jobbs

Banned
I'm seeing people have meltdowns over that gif

people are funny. I am primarily a PS4 gamer this gen, I have an XB1 but it rarely sees use.

I WANT this game to be great. I had it preordered but I cancelled to reevaluate following a lot of reviews mentioning the game lacking any meaningful challenge whatsoever. I have been playing TEW and Alien Isolation lately, which have both stood up to me -- which is refreshing to see coming from AAA games in this day and age.

Games that just roll over and let you win have a lot of trouble holding my interest -- especially coming after such stimulating recent gaming experiences.

Mollymauk

Even though it's not on PS4 and I'm not getting an Xbone, I'm super proud of Insomniac for making something getting such praise. They've always been awesome and I was hoping they could rebound from the game that we don't speak of...

Why do so many posters feel the need to remind everyone they aren't getting an Xbox?

Looks like i bought the wrong console. Im very butthurt that this aint on PS4.
Well Bloodborne is in February.
Honestly, I agree with you. This is the worst 1st year of any PS console. (PS3 had Ratchet first year). Guilty Gear is even missing the first year mark...

z6f52zg.gif

*dead*

Nabbis

Well Bloodborne is in February.
Honestly, I agree with you. This is the worst 1st year of any PS console. (PS3 had Ratchet first year). Guilty Gear is even missing the first year mark...

Yeah... Im only interested in Bloodborne so far. Xbox has MCC and this game. I do think that Sony has generally had better exclusives, but so far it's sucked for me. Oh well.

C-DubSP

Neo Member
Considering now I pretty much play multi-plats on PS4, its good there is another good exclusive title to play on it. I lost track of how long ago I actually played a game on XB1.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The Kotaku Review is making Insomniac sound like Bungie.

Like Insomniac needed Sony restraining them in a similar way that Bungie needed Microsoft to give them a kick up the arse and actually get work done.

Hm. While the overall from Kotaku was yes, I'm slightly concerned.

Pre-order...not yet cancelled.

Like Insomniac needed Sony restraining them in a similar way that Bungie needed Microsoft to give them a kick up the arse and actually get work done.

There's dozens of hours footage out there. Watch some and judge for yourself.

The GB QL is a pretty good place to start.

Ape

Banned

Well better get on it because you're running out of time!

Just switched my physical preorder to a digital one because I don't want to wait until 6pm tomorrow to play it. The guy at GameStop seemed offended by it.

Just switched my physical preorder to a digital one because I don't want to wait until 6pm tomorrow to play it. The guy at GameStop seemed offended by it.

Yeah, Gamestop got so pissed off when I cancelled all my XB1 preorders to go digital right after the 180. The tears tasted so good.

DC R1D3R

Banned
So far i like MS exclusive line up much better than Sonys. Knack, Killzone SF and Driveclub are just meh for me, while Second Son is ok (but not as good as the old ones) and the TLoU Remaster was good/great.

Sony really has to start to deliver some good software. I have no hope for the Order (cutscene and quicktime fest) so im banking on Bloodborne. That game has to deliver.

I´m still a PS4 only gamer, but it gets harder and harder to not notice the lack of good exclusive software compared to what MS has.

DC, despite the online shenanigans is pretty decent tbf, but the rest I agree are….YUK!

doesnt the employee at the time of the cancellation get marks against them or something. Like they have to reach a certain amount of preorders, and cancellations take away from their goal?

doesnt the employee at the time of the cancellation get marks against them or something. Like they have to reach a certain amount of preorders, and cancellations take away from their goal?
I'm not sure but it's not like I just cancelled and walked out they still got at least some of my money because I put everything on SO towards XBOX $$$$.

Top Bottom