• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| The Wedding of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

zokie

Guys, if you bought the game from the Japanese eShop the game is already playable. Go now!

ccVUQhy.jpg

yupz thank you sir

Vertti

My order from the japanese store is still pending.. How effin long does it take them?

I'm wondering the same. I fear that the fact that it's midnight on Japan means nothing is going to happen for next 10 hours. Just thinking about cancelling my order and buy it from South African eshop.

Rizzi

Why? They don't work properly? Too obtrusive? Did you enjoy Wii motion controls?

Log off and don't come back instead of posting completely OT? Jesus.

I don't enjoy motion controls in general, but having two buttons dedicated to jump and multiple different waggle controls is kind of annoying.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really looking forward to this game but my copy won't arrive until next week. I guess I'll be playing Assassin's Creed first.

But I'm still really looking forward to this.

Skyr

I'm wondering the same. I feat that the fact that it's midnight on Japan means nothing is going to happen for next 10 hours. Just thinking about cancelling my order and buy it from South African eshop.

There is no cancel order button on the site. Do you have to go through support to cancel?

Vertti

There is no cancel order button on the site. Do you have to go through support to cancel?

Yeah. I also thought about loading money to Amazon gift card because that way it shouldn't get stuck on pending verification. But that is a bit risky because if it doesn't work I have 6000 yens which I don't want to use on anything.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Nice job OP. Still awaiting shipping confirmation on mine from Best Buy... still “preparing to ship”. Wtf guys!

Anyway, hyped for this game. Thank god for Nintendo

So this is the official OT at this point, right? OP did a great job and the poster that "claimed" the OT is taking way too long anyway. Anyway, I can't wait for this game! Taking a half day tomorrow and a full day off Monday to play all weekend!

Gurrry

Gonna buy the physical edition. I still never finished mario/rabbids. I feel bad about it but it is what it is. Ill get back to it.

Im gonna go tomorrow morning to pick it up.

Dipship31

Just watched the DF analysis and it sounds like Nintendo knocked it out of the park in terms of getting the best possible game with the Switch's hardware

So this is the official OT at this point, right? OP did a great job and the poster that "claimed" the OT is taking way too long anyway. Anyway, I can't wait for this game! Taking a half day tomorrow and a full day off Monday to play all weekend!

I'm fairly certain the "claimer" left for Era.

TheMoon Is still with GAF(and Reset). And the OT is still coming. Have patience. It's mario.

Dipship31

Just read the GS review as well. Minor gripe, but it's too bad there is a bit of forced motion controls. Wouldn't mind if I was playing docked, but I'll be in handheld 100% of the time.

TheMoon Is still with GAF(and Reset). And the OT is still coming. Have patience. It's mario.

It's not about patience, this OT is on its 3rd page now. It's official and it belongs to OP. The "claimer" missed his chance and since he's "moved on" anyway I say good riddance.

Besides, isn't TheMoon the poster that doesn't even go with suggested OT titles anyway? What is he going to bring to an OT that OP didn't?

DSPEED

Going into this with only having seen the E3 reveal video. So damn excited. Does anyone know how long it’s taking people to complete it?

It's not about patience, this OT is on its 3rd page now. It's official and it belongs to OP. The "claimer" missed his chance and since he's "moved on" anyway I say good riddance.

Besides, isn't TheMoon the poster that doesn't even go with suggested OT titles anyway? What is he going to bring to an OT that OP didn't?

You can't just throw out how things work cause someone posted an OT. There's a process to claiming and creating. They should be able to merge topics

Also being part of two forums isn't some crime. You sound hurt as fuck that people decided to be part of both. That's not healthy.

TheMoon

This is not how any of this works lol.

You don't seem to grasp the concept behind claiming threads in the first place.

I'm fairly certain the "claimer" left for Era.

I've said multiple times in this and the OT OT that I'm still doing this ... even the OP here said he's cool with closing this again.

This is not how any of this works lol.

You don't seem to grasp the concept behind claiming threads in the first place.

Maybe not, but people are already playing this game. Do your "job" and post your OT. Maybe actually use a title the community agreed upon this time.

TheGrizz

I have so many feels right now. I'll soon be playing Mario with my son, much the way my dad played Mario with me when I was a child. My life has come full circle!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I think this was asked earlier but not answered — if I purchase this game from the Japanese store, is there an English text option? Also, how do I go about purchasing the game from a Japanese eshop? Do I need to purchase eshop cards from Amazon Japan (if that even exists) or can I use my US BASED credit card?

Dude lol

Fucking chill

I mean, I think there's probably some validity in the criticism of "it should probably be out by now."

I'm personally in no rush and don't really want to attack you or anything, but I think the fact that people are playing the game right now due to timezones means (at least in my brain) that an OT probably should have already been created.

I'm speaking from largely a place of ignorance as I don't know what goes into claiming an OT and I'm sure it takes a hell of a lot of work, but I think it seems logical to have/want an OT by the time that some people are playing the game.

Dude lol

Fucking chill

I've got no issue with you, but with everything going on with this forum the last few days, some routine and consistency would be nice. I think a lot of us are upset and high strung with what's happened to one of our favorite sources for gaming news and discussion.

I get that we're all busy and have our daily lives but if OP truly believed you had left the site, as many people told him you had, it was his prerogative to create an OT of his own, and for his first one I think he did a damn good job. You gotta give him that.

Your OTs in the past have been fantastic, TheMoon, and I'm sure your Odyssey one would have/will be great.

feel

My Mario preload tile just started an update (US version).

edit- no miracle happened, still locked after update

Coda

Got a physical copy from amazon. Says it will be here tomorrow. That midnight digital salt will be real but I wanted a physical copy of a game as epic as this.

cucuchu

My Mario preload tile just started an update (US version).

edit- no miracle happened, still locked after update

I wish they had a timer that counted down to when it would unlock. I'm going to be disappointed if I go to open it at 12:01A.M. EST and its still locked.

So I pre ordered digital version from amazon fr. First of all, when am I supposed to get the code? Second, I totally forgot about france and the french language...pls tell me its in english?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom