• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

You're not exactly refuting anything with the first sentence. That and Spainkiller never specified what "version" they were in. He just said "they were in the game".

Like, I don't really believe him and I don't buy that his words is gospel. But the fact that the game still has unaccounted for space and a bunch of DLC hints in the cart is really hard to ignore.

How does DLC hints suggest he has any credibility? Tons of people predicted DLC. That doesn't mean it'll be the characters he suggests, or that he has insider information. It's literally one of the easiest claims he could have made. And the I'm aware of the "unaccounted space", but that could easily just be for future patches, or just a mistake. The fact is that we know exactly how much space is on the cart, and in that space the stuff he claims is missing. And given that he claimed his source came up with the unlock theory and not himself, I can't really accept that the source wouldn't know that it was dlc (especially since according to him his source was part of european localization)

NotLiquid

How does DLC hints suggest he has any credibility? Tons of people predicted DLC. That doesn't mean it'll be the characters he suggests, or that he has insider information. It's literally one of the easiest claims he could have made. And the I'm aware of the "unaccounted space", but that could easily just be for future patches, or just a mistake. The fact is that we know exactly how much space is on the cart, and in that space the stuff he claims is missing. And given that he claimed his source came up with the unlock theory and not himself, I can't really accept that the source wouldn't know that it was dlc (especially since according to him his source was part of european localization)

I never suggested it gives him credibility. I suggested it's clear evidence of DLC. Which it honestly is.

Calm down.

『Inaba Resident』;135182275 said:
Dude, calm down. Nobody here is absolutely latching on to it. Its just part of a fake hype thing for fun. Spainkiller stated that his source saw them in game. He never specified if it was the 3ds version. He's had his account since 2004 so I doubt he'd just give it up like that. Also, he apparently works for Power Unlimited. Googled his name and found his linkedin account.

Fair enough. Although even still that doesn't give him credibility, especially since the reason he stated for the leak to be real was actually from a seperate leak that had been available for ages

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You're not exactly refuting anything with the first sentence. That and Spainkiller never specified what "version" they were in. He just said "they were in the game".

Like, I don't really believe him and I don't buy that his words is gospel. But the fact that the game still has unaccounted for space and a bunch of DLC hints in the cart is really hard to ignore.

『Inaba Resident』;135182275 said:
Dude, calm down. Nobody here is absolutely latching on to it. Its just part of a fake hype thing for fun. Spainkiller stated that his source saw them in game. He never specified if it was the 3ds version. He's had his account since 2004 so I doubt he'd just give it up like that. Also, he apparently works for Power Unlimited.

To clarifying something, Spainkiller answered someone's question in private message that his source saw those moving models in 3DS version.

Also I'm not sure if it's good idea to link someone's linkedin account here.

Kandinsky

I'm hoping for an opening movie.

Sounds extremely silly, I know, but man the opening for both Melee and Brawl are fun. Gets me in the mood for some Smashing.

Yeah, if 4 doesnt get a proper intro I'm going to burn my disc!
and buy another D:

I never suggested it gives him credibility. I suggested it's clear evidence of DLC.

Calm down.
When did I ever deny DLC though? I really don't get the point of bringing that up in the context of the conversation if you don't think it provides spainkiller with credibility

Hello.

Banned
That would be exceedingly silly if he was banned over that. For all we know he may be legitimately passing along something he legitimately heard. Whether it pans out or not -- who cares. We'll know the full contents of the game in mere weeks.
Why would anyone get banned over that? This forum talks about speculative and rumored information all the time and posts threads spreading it without sources.

NotLiquid

When did I ever deny DLC though? I really don't get the point of bringing that up in the context of the conversation if you don't think it provides spainkiller with credibility

My first quote towards you wasn't even disagreeing with you. It was pointing out that there's evidence that DLC/additional content can happen but that there really is no saying when it might happen. The only thing I disagreed about was about content availability when linking both versions, as it's possible to restrict price/discounts per what games you own, or in this case, have linked between versions.

Neiteio

Why would anyone get banned over that? This forum talks about speculative and rumored information all the time and posts threads spreading it without sources.
I don't know why anyone would get banned over something so incredibly harmless. But apparently some people here think that Emcee saying "okay" is a threat rather than just him saying "OK, well, that's a lot of something."

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't know why anyone would get banned over something so incredibly harmless. But apparently some people here think that Emcee saying "okay" is a threat rather than just him saying "OK, well, that's a lot of something."

GAF is often cited as a source for information. If that information turns out to be false, GAF loses credibility as a source of information.

So if you claim you have reliable information about something, you better be right.

J@hranimo

Banned
Actually one thing I'm looking forward to the most now that I think about it are better looks at stages we've seen a bit of like the Kalos Pokemon League, Oribtal Gate, GAMER, that Wuhu Island type stage in the PotD today and....oh why not, good 'ol Temple in dat HD!

Neiteio

GAF is often cited as a source for information. If that information turns out to be false, GAF loses credibility as a source of information.

So if you claim you have reliable information about something, you better be right.
The guy was passing along something he claims he heard. That's harmless because it goes without saying it's unproven and should be taken with a grain of salt. It's different from, say, representing something in an OT's OP as though it were bullet-point PR from the company itself.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Sounds extremely silly, I know, but man the opening for both Melee and Brawl are fun. Gets me in the mood for some Smashing.
Man, I thought I was the only one hoping for a intro movie, I am also hoping for some small CGI videos of nintendo characters just fucking around.

Neiteio

Actually one thing I'm looking forward to the most now that I think about it are better looks at stages we've seen a bit of like the Kalos Pokemon League, Oribtal Gate, GAMER, that Wuhu Island type stage in the PotD today and....oh why not, good 'ol Temple in dat HD!
I'm most excited to see the Great Cave Offensive. Really interested to find out how that stage works. If nothing else, it should have a great sense of place.

Sadist

It ain't silly, brah. It feels kinda sedated, starting up the game without an opening in the 3DS version, doesn't it? With an opening, I hope we get a new composition of the main theme or a brand new one as well.

Same here.

Yeah, if 4 doesnt get a proper intro I'm going to burn my disc!
and buy another D:

Man, I thought I was the only one hoping for a intro movie, I am also hoping for some small CGI videos of nintendo characters just fucking around.

You are good people.

I need the announcement trailers of the game on the disc as well.

Crayolan

Smash direct will end with a Chorus Kids trailer, just watch!

Bookmark this post
so you can laugh at it when I'm wrong.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm most excited to see the Great Cave Offensive. Really interested to find out how that stage works. If nothing else, it should have a great sense of place.

Oh yeah! That stage is gonna be crazy. Especially with the hole you fall through like in the PotD.

Ugh Thursday where you at?!?!

Seik

Banned

You're not silly, I want one too. Wait...maybe we're both silly?! :|

Something awesome would be to get all the characters announcement videos. CG Nintendo is Pixar worthy stuff. I'd like to be able to watch those in 1080p whenever I want. :p

Mistle

I'm sure the Wii U version will have a proper intro and the whole deal. There's so much CG work done already.

The 3DS doesn't have one because it's meant to be pick up and play. Snappy, quick. You aren't going to want a big intro when you're out and about (or at least that's their mentality).

The Smash Bros. 3DS menus are ugly to me. Especially that "challenges" button. Really scrunched the text there...

The Wii U menus are gorgeous though. Night and day IMO.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
The Smash Bros. 3DS menus are ugly to me. Especially that "challenges" button. Really scrunched the text there...

The Wii U menus are gorgeous though. Night and day IMO.

I agree. I haven't liked the menus since Brawl. They seem too loud and over-exaggeratingly kiddy to me especially with the huge font and simple designs/color scheme (despite it being a game with friendly Nintendo mascots, yes I know but that's just how I feel)

I enjoyed the menus from the 64/Melee versions, with Melee being my absolute fave. Serious looking as you would expect from a "fighting game" but still nice on the eyes.

Nah, I agree. I feel like the Wii U version is gonna get one simply out of tradition. They probably either didn't have enough space for a huge CGI movie on the 3DS version or simply wanted to keep the games pace quick from the moment you start the game, like many other 3DS games.

They definitely didn't make those huge CGI trailers for nothing.

Zalman

Nah, I agree. I feel like the Wii U version is gonna get one simply out of tradition. They probably either didn't have enough space for a huge CGI movie on the 3DS version or simply wanted to keep the games pace quick from the moment you start the game, like many other 3DS games.

They definitely didn't make those huge CGI trailers for nothing.
I wouldn't worry about it personally. Pretty confident there will be an opening video.

GamerSoul

I hope they bring the hype back because they're basically trying to get a a fair amount of people to buy another version of the game. Soooo your move, Nintendo.

Top Bottom