• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Richie

EDIT: Though the idea of one event helping the other, like the 'Get a Smash U demo if you register Bayo 2' is freaking brilliant!

They're not gonna do it, but it'd be amazing if they -did- give you early access to the Smash demo if you registered either Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors or Bayonetta 2, and then put the demo available for everyone else a week or little more later. That way there won't be complaints about they limiting this to a M rated game (between those three games, E, T and M ratings will be covered) and could serve as a good push to all three games.

Dr. Buni

I hope they announce something that shuts down the possibility of unlocking characters via connecting both versions of the game. I am really tempted to sell my 3DS, but if there is connectivity shenanigans, I will have to wait for Smash Wii U to be out in order to do so, so I can unlock the characters first (and pray that my save never gets corrupted).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I instead hope they willl offer some sort of "reward" for purhcasing both versions, other than the OST

Lutherian

I'm wondering if there will be Virtual Console demos of N64 games like Brawl did. Could be great for Nintendo to launch N64 Virtual Console !

I'll search an avatar before jumping on the GAF Hype Train :).

jmizzal

Seems like Smash Bros WiiU is having something from every Nintendo game published

Has there been anything related to The Wonderful 101 or Bayo?

Neiteio

Seems like Smash Bros WiiU is having something from every Nintendo game published

Sakurai showed a Wonder Red trophy for one PotD, and said that other Wonderful Ones are in the game as trophies, as well

In other words, there may be a Wonder Pink trophy, which is all that really matters

RagnarokX

ijVhRK8hMYBwl.gif

So he is not the same guy from brawl? wow.
I really really hope the title is screamed in the WiiU version. Is one of the things I most hate the taken away since brawl.
And a real freaking intro. Oh god, I hate 3DS version is so barebones.

At least NoE got someone that knew how to do deep voices in his language. Spain got a stupid german nintendo worker (again) to do the voice and he sucks major donkey balls. Not only he is not a professional voice actor, he doesnt even pronounce well in spanish.
He does also Lucario (and he is even worse on that one), and other two german workers did the wiifit trainer's voices. It's as bad as it sounds.
The only professional spanish voice actor you hear in the game is Sonic.

Im still pretty mad at NoE for doing the wrong thing... TWICE. To the point of asking myself what the fuck were they thinking, everyone hated what they did with Brawl. And it's even worse when they can do it right (Star Fox 3DS and PLvsPW).

I remember a Wonder Red trophy

Bayonetta is DLC I'm pretty sure because Nintendo is smart about what fans like these days

Hatchtag

Banned
think we'll get a demo?

During the Direct? No. Why waste another part of the hype train on the Direct? Release a demo a week or two before release and keep that hype train going.

Do we have any idea how long this one will be? Usually we know by now.

10 things in 3D World was 4 minutes, so I'd say this will be 20 minutes, minimum. Especially since I expect Sakurai to have to explain a lot of things, unlike most the things in the 3D World video that were pretty self-explanatory.

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

1/50.

Why would Sakurai give us a reveal trailer only for characters we already know about? It would be better not to show one at all.

emb

I'm looking forward to seeing the new trailers. All the others were cool. Even with the mystery and the hype stripped from them, still pretty awesome trailers.

Not really. It helps build hype for the upcoming game, even if we know who's gonna be revealed.
Maybe my perspective is in the minority here. Personally, I find it hard to understand getting excited about a trailer for a character we already have. It's like a teaser for a game that's already out. I am sure it will be enjoyable to watch, but if the entire Direct goes through and only has that to show in terms of characters, that would be exceedingly lame.

Also, what's with the pixelated character?

Zyrox

Maybe my perspective is in the minority here. Personally, I find it hard to understand getting excited about a trailer for a character we already have. It's like a teaser for a game that's already out. I am sure it will be enjoyable to watch, but if the entire Direct goes through and only has that to show in terms of characters, that would be exceedingly lame.

Also, what's with the pixelated character?

Well, we haven't seen DHD on Wii U (in HD) yet, so there's that.
Also, DHD is pixelated because the character is a secret unlockable fighter (and hasn't been revealed on the Smash Bros site yet).

It's to hide the duck hunt duo... not that there is a single person who pays attention to the pictures on the smash site that doesn't know about DHD/bowser Jr.

Maybe sakurai didn't get the memo.

Isn't the pixelated character actually
Ness
? Also, I don't know if
Duck Hunt Duo
stays on the field when using its FS.

emb

I love how the thread title makes me think this is way off in the future (a whole two days until the 24th where I am) when in reality it's tomorrow.

Top Bottom