• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

emb

My expectation is that 10+ of these things are just stages. Another ~10 are probably in modes we've already had hinted at or datamined. I could easily see them including things like new music or new assist trophies in their count.
Ridley was so big that you had to list him twice?
Ridley was so big that he accidentally left out 9 spots for him in addition to those two.

Nah, one's stage hazard Other M Ridley, the other is playable Super/Prime/New design Ridley.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Heath, some of the things in that list aren't features. Things like "trailers" don't count as a "feature" exclusive to the WiiU, haha.

Yeah, I know. I just ran out of idea so I had to threw some padding things on the list. Please forgive me. :p

Ridley was so big that you had to list him twice?

Ridley as Stage Boss and Playable characters. The Universe would shattered when we have Ridley vs Ridley vs Zero Suit Samus in Pyrosphere.

On a more serious note, I hope the netcode for Smash is stable. The 3DS version... lags quite a bit.

It'll be a lot better since wired connections will be a thing. The 3ds's netcode is good when both connections are good but since its wifi, the smallest amount of interference or slow down really makes it lag.

Also, I'm also positive we're getting a demo. I can really feel it.

『Inaba Resident』;135152611 said:
It'll be a lot better since wired connections will be a thing. The 3ds's netcode is good when both connections are good but since its wifi, the smallest amount of interference or slow down really makes it lag.

Yeah glad I got a wired LAN adapter for my wii u works great with mario kart 8.

El Odio

Banned
Didn't we get a 10 new things trailer for 3D World that contained some already revealed things? I'd expect the direct to cover some new stuff but also be like a 50 new things in general thing.

roknin

Ooh 50 new things? 49 trophies and 1 new stage :p

Nah seriously though, super looking forward to this. Extra curious as to what else they could show that's equal out to 50 new things...?

『Inaba Resident』;135152611 said:

Agreed on the netcode. Even on 3DS, when its a good connection it feels awesome... but man it is hampered by that wireless life.

Also, nice on the bolded haha

A Smash Direct on Bayonetta 2's release?

That can only mean one thing

ibohdFDONXhhvt.gif

shaowebb

God if there are Wii U exclusive custom moves...my body could barely contain the hype I felt at Ganondorf's new stuff in the 3ds and the unbelievably good Mario Gust Cape. Here's hoping more of this greatness keeps pouring in.

Lutherian

I'm going to toss a lot of rumors and leaks into this list and completely make the list hype. Don't blame me if you got too hyped.

1. Sakurai's update
  2. Trailers
  3. Boss Battle
  4. Tourney Mode
  5. Official Tourney (Online)
  6. Event Match
  7. Create An Event Mode
  8. Special Smash
  9. Coin Battle
  10. Break the Target Mode
  11. 8 Player Smash
  12. Yellow Team
  13. 8 Player Smash display
  14. Huge stages display
  15. Special Orders (Master and Crazy Orders)
  16. Smash World
  17. Board Game descriptions and display
  18. Stage Builder
  19. Great Offensive Cave
  20. Miiverse stage
  21. Wii Resort stage
  22. Wrecking Crew stage
  23. Smashville
  24. Temple
  25. More Returning stages
  26. Metal Face
  27. Ridley
  28. Porky
  29. Petey
  30. SSE Bosses' Returns
  31. Isaac (AT)
  32. Ray MK 3 (AT)
  33. Wii U only items
  34. Exclusive Pokeball Pokemon for Wii U version (Like Manphy)
  35. Wii U/3DS connectivity
  36. Customized characters able to be transferred between two versions
  37. 3DS being controller for Wii U
  38. Amiibo
  39. A feature that allow you to invite your friend to be your teammate for 2 vs 2 online mode
  40. Community feature that would keep track of your community members' wins/losses ratio and top 20 players
  41. Miiverse feature - Stamp
  42. Showing the full potential of Smash U
  43. Trophies teasers
  44. Trophies having detailed information with game location and date.
  45. DLC Characters
  46. DLC Stages
  47. Dixie
  48. Ridley
  49. Chorus Kids
  50. Mewtwo

Hi there, it's my first post on NeoGAF after many years of lurking, I didn't find any topic for presentation so... I'll do it next time !

There's a lot of things that are not exclusive nor new to the Wii U version in this list.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
A bingo card can fit only so many things, but here it is anyway. Some predictions, some things I'd like to see in the broadcast:

ssb_direct_examplez7c8y.png

And the template of course:

ssb_direct_templatelhdf7.png

God if there are Wii U exclusive custom moves...my body could barely contain the hype I felt at Ganondorf's new stuff in the 3ds and the unbelievably good Mario Gust Cape. Here's hoping more of this greatness keeps pouring in.

Customs moves are already confirmed to be 1:1 between both versions.
Same with characters, guys, so don't expect any new character that's not also coming to the 3DS. (This likely means we won't ever see Ice Climbers in this iteration, unfortunately. Seems only the New 3DS would be capable of including them, and I doubt they'd have a new version of the game that couldn't be played on OG 3DS.)

RomanceDawn

AxBOSuA.png

It's time to settle this.

#HYPE

#BELIEVE

I believe!

Though I would not put it past Sakurai to show a hazard Ridley during this direct with no mention of DLC at all. Ridley would be more or less be confirmed as unplayable to all but i'd still wait for our first round of inevitable Character DLC.

Roo

Even tho we already know Duck Hunt is in the game, I hope he gets a proper "reveal" trailer.
Would be cool.

I am not sure what really lends the Spainkiller post credibility.

There were like three places in the chain that could have spread wrong information.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hi there, it's my first post on NeoGAF after many years of lurking, I didn't find any topic for presentation so... I'll do it next time !

There's a lot of things that are not exclusive nor new to the Wii U version in this list.

Welcome to SmashGAF :D Well, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai want to running over the information with those announced features because they didn't really fully explained those contents.

I am not sure what really lends the Spainkiller post credibility.

There were like three places in the chain that could have spread wrong information.

Yeah, I agreed but there is a chance that he could be right tho.

Wait, the OP says October 24. That page says 3pm PT October 23.

No, the OP says:

"Time:

Europe : October 24 at midnight
UK : October 23 at 11PM
USA (East Coast): October 23 at 6PM
USA (West Coast): October 23 at 3PM
Japan: October 24 at 7AM"

Next time read it. ;)

Rösti;135160090 said:
A bingo card can fit only so many things, but here it is anyway. Some predictions, some things I'd like to see in the broadcast:

ssb_direct_examplez7c8y.png

And the template of course:

ssb_direct_templatelhdf7.png

Wait. You think a Pokemon will be an assist trophy? Am I missing something?

I see literally no reason to give the spain killer stuff any credibility. Can someone tell me why people take him more seriously than any other random "leaker" on the internet

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. You think a Pokemon will be an assist trophy? Am I missing something?
Pokkén Tournament. I assume they could make Machamp a playable character as Lucario is in the roster, but then it would really start to feel like an oversaturation of Pokémon

Rösti;135175945 said:
Pokkén Tournament. I assume they could make Machamp a playable character as Lucario is in the roster, but then it would really start to feel like an oversaturation of Pokémon

I think he meant he should be a Pokeball instead.

Top Bottom