• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Pyrokai

Oh my gosh!!!! This takes so much mystery away from the announcer! I don't know how I feel about this!

Now I want to know who the announcers were for the past games :p

I do think I like this one the best, though. I love the way he says Link. Some are a little lackluster, though. Jigglypuff, Greninja are too boring when he says their names, imo. A few others, too. I think I like the way King Dedede is spoken in Brawl better than Smash 4, as well.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my gosh!!!! This takes so much mystery away from the announcer! I don't know how I feel about this!

Now I want to know who the announcers were for the past games :p

I do think I like this one the best, though. I love the way he says Link. Some are a little lackluster, though. Jigglypuff, Greninja are too boring when he says their names, imo. A few others, too. I think I like the way King Dedede is spoken in Brawl better than Smash 4, as well.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Announcer

64 and Melee had the best announcers. I'd give the edge to Melee but that might just be because I played it so much more.

Regiruler

Fuck it.

1662051-0YZO29Y.gif

COME ON SAKURAI

EulaCapra

Even though the Direct is a month away from release, it still feels early. A little too early... What kind of Ridley mind games are they playing?

I will lower my expectations and set the bare minimum of hype to character reveal trailers just re-revealing Koopalings and Duck Hunt.

Hatchtag

Banned
It kinda makes me sad knowing that Ridley's chances will likely be killed (or saved) come Thursday night. He's been trolling for 430 days as of the direct, and it's sad to see it come to an end :(. There's always next Smash at least.

Axass

I am not sure what really lends the Spainkiller post credibility.

There were like three places in the chain that could have spread wrong information.

Credibility? I'm just blindly believing at this point. ;_;

Poor Spainkiller. You guys keep bringing him up. Everyone's going to hate him when it turns out to be false.

I won't hold it to him if the whole thing results baseless. It'd be his friend's fault in first place, moreover it'd be silly to hate someone over such a thing.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
I'm sure most people are aware of this, but:

The only DLC announced during the Hyrule Warriors direct was the preorder costume packs - the actual meaty stuff wasn't revealed until a month later when the game actually came out.

The Mario Kart 8 direct didn't hint at any DLC at all - the Mercedes-Benz car was announced at launch, and the actual extra content was revealed several months after release.

And those are just the most prominent and recent examples. Unless the DLC for Smash Bros. is going to be released this year (and why would it be when they have amiibo?), it's not going to be announced in the direct or prerelease.

There will still be plenty of awesome stuff, of course!

I'm sure most people are aware of this, but:

The only DLC announced during the Hyrule Warriors direct was the preorder costume packs - the actual meaty stuff wasn't revealed until a month later when the game actually came out.

The Mario Kart 8 direct didn't hint at any DLC at all - the Mercedes-Benz car was announced at launch, and the actual extra content was revealed several months after release.

And those are just the most prominent and recent examples. Unless the DLC for Smash Bros. is going to be released this year (and why would it be when they have amiibo?), it's not going to be announced in the direct or prerelease.

There will still be plenty of awesome stuff, of course!

cant blame people for thinking it especially with the way developers are announcing dlc so far in advance nowadays.

tauroxd

All I want to know is how big in GBs the game is going to be. I have 15 GBs free on my Wii U and I hope that that's enough!

Aroll

I hope it is all "Hey so we have a bunch of stuff to talk about today, but first... all you Smash players... go buy Bayonetta 2. Seriously. It might even be better than Smash. "

All I want to know is how big in GBs the game is going to be. I have 15 GBs free on my Wii U and I hope that that's enough!

If they left all the music in this game uncompressed then they game will be big but knowing nintendo and how they work magic i dont see the game being too big.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Smash Bros is not something I think Nintendo is going to try to be space-efficient with, it will probably use most of that 25GB disc. IIRC Brawl was the biggest Wii game at about 7GB. Granted that game had some CG scenes that this one presumably will not, I'm not sure how big it was without those.

Yeah, I can't imagine we'll see any brand new characters this week. Unless there really is a "connect 3DS to WiiU and get new characters" thing.

I hope... I think it will be about 10-12 GB.

that seems reasonable would put it in line with DKC TF in terms of file size. Honestly though im still shocke at the file size for some of there games super mario 3d world only being 1.7GB is still WTF worthy especially when you realize thats smaller than NSMBU lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't need to see any more. I'm beyond sold on this game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with you, though anything more they show of the game is just icing on the cake for me at this point. I just want it to be November 21st already!
I actually have almost zero interest in Smash hype trains. The only series I get REALLY excited about is Halo. It's nice, cause it means the wait for most games feels like it goes by fast. Halo, however...

Holy Shit! I just saw this thread! I knew it was a good thing I checked the internet today! Thanks for the heads up as usual L~A! <3

Top Bottom