• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

backlot

Isn't the pixelated character actually
Ness
? Also, I don't know if
Duck Hunt Duo
stays on the field when using its FS.

That is absolutely Duck hunt. The dog is low to the ground and the pink duck is on top. That isn't Duck Hunt's Final Smash either.

Isn't it confirmed that the 50 things are all new, not in th 3ds version? So, I don't think that counts.

Pretty sure it's just "50 must see things". Not even new.

That is absolutely Duck hunt. The dog is low to the ground and the pink duck is on top. That isn't Duck Hunt's Final Smash either.

Oh. I never play with items on, so I haven't seen most of the Final Smashes yet :p I just assumed they transferred Snake's to DHD based on the PotD.

Neoxon

One More Day
W8uOx8q.gif

Pretty sure it's just "50 must see things". Not even new.

Someone said the japanese message actaully said that there where 50 things not in the 3DS version.
Of course that could still mean repeats from wiiU PotD.

Will believe its really 50 new WiiU things when I see it though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I love how the thread title makes me think this is way off in the future (a whole two days until the 24th where I am) when in reality it's tomorrow.

I'm going to request moderator to update the thread title. I noticed that few people were confused by that as well.

Son Of D

I mean, they probably won't all be new, but yeah.

It's possible that the DHD (and Bowser Jr) trailers could lead into Wii U exclusive features. Maybe DHD's trailer shows the board game mode at one point. And I can see the Bowser Jr trailer ending with an 8-player Smash with Bowser Jr and the Koopaling alts fighting as if to say "Play as the Koopalings as well!" and "Brand new Wii U exclusive mode! 8-Player Smash!".

hwy_61

Banned
I got my GameCube Wii U adapter preordered just in case they announce some insane shit and they sell out for whatever reason.

Guess I'll throw in some predictions while I still can.

1. Master Order
2. Crazy Order
3. 8-Player Smash
4. Boss Battle
5-8. Bosses (excluding Yellow Devil)
9. Smash World
10. Stage Builder
11. Online Stage Sharing
12. Coin Rush
13. Special Smash
14. New Trophy Mode (not Trophy Rush)
15-20. Trophies
21-27. Some Exclusive Assist Trophies
28-31. Some Exclusive Pokemon
32-42. Some Exclusive Stages
43. My Music (with new Composers)
44. MiiVerse Integration
45. Newcomer Videos (unveil DHD)
46. Chronicle (Demo Select Games)
47. Custom Controller Setup (including 3DS-as-controller)
48. Mii Sharing
49. Tourney Mode
50. Online Tourney / Challenges

No DLC discussion whatsoever

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it wrong that I want DLC characters?

That the 3DS game roster as is isn't enough to satiate my hunger.

Not really. I'm saying that people wouldn't stop speculating about characters until Sakurai confirmed that they are done with Smash Bros 4.

L~A

Well, NicoNico's schedule confirms the Direct won't last longer than 30mn (it's NOT the exact duration, though).

sanstitre34c2r.png

Guess some of the 50 things will be really short (probably some stages and stuff... maybe even assist trophies).

People expecting 50 new modes are going to be disappointed. It's a Sakurai direct, we're going to see small details and jokes more than modes.

KHlover

Banned
Well, NicoNico's schedule confirms the Direct won't last longer than 30mn (it's NOT the exact duration, though).

sanstitre34c2r.png

Guess some of the 50 things will be really short (probably some stages and stuff).
NicoNico schedule isn't exactly reliable, is it? Didn't get the first Smash Bros Direct and the Digital Event get a 30min schedule at first as well? Both ended up significantly longer.

sanstitre34c2r.png

Guess some of the 50 things will be really short (probably some stages and stuff... maybe even assist trophies).

ugh these guys are never right about how long directs are

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope Ridley is the first thing mentioned. Sakurai just goes, "To start, Ridley is a stage hazard. Moving on to number two..."

It's so quick they don't even show him.

L~A

^

Dunno about NoA, but on NoE's website, that option is available for all games, even those that don't have a demo. Don't think it means much tbh, though I wouldn't be surprised it Smash U got a demo. Nintendo (UK) said they were pretty happy with the Smash 3DS demo, and that it worked quite well in convincing people to buy the game.

I hope Ridley is the first thing mentioned. Sakurai just goes, "To start, Ridley is a stage hazard. Moving on to number two..."

It's so quick they don't even show him.

Or he could tease them like he did with the "Palutena" trophy during the 1st Smash Direct. Except this time it IS Ridley :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
^

Dunno about NoA, but on NoE's website, that option is available for all games, even those that don't have a demo. Don't think it means much tbh, though I wouldn't be surprised it Smash U got a demo. Nintendo (UK) said they were pretty happy with the Smash 3DS demo, and that it worked quite well in convincing people to buy the game.

Or he could tease them like he did with the "Palutena" trophy during the 1st Smash Direct. Except this time it IS Ridley :p

Direct begins:
Sakurai:
1st thing: there is no Ridley in this game. Too big, it couldn't fit.
50: Ridely was too big to fit in the game, so we decided to make a separated game for it: Ridley Uprising - SORA Ltd - Wii U - 2015 release.

Haldinian

Smash World, Master/Crazy Orders, a few new and returning stages (Great Cave Offensive, Temple...), Bowser Jr. trailer with the 8-player Smash mode, exclusive trophies, amiibos, custom characters and the Duck Hunt Duo trailer at the end.

I don't expect more than this.

Top Bottom