• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

Greninja was my impossible wish for Smash, I thought he wouldn't even be considered. I can't believe my second favorite Pokemon made it in Smash and his fighting style is so cool, can't wait to try him out.

I agreed well except for the clones, they can go die on planet Pluto and be forgotten.

ihgeEKo28P7kQ.gif

Masked Man

I said wow
Whoa. I loved that arrangement but I didn't recognize her style at first, even though she's my favourite composer.

Smiles and Tears is beautiful too.

EDIT: Welp, just noticed that post is two days old.

I didn't recognize it at first, either! It's absolutely gorgeous, though. <3

Which is exactly in line with what Sakurai said about him. I love playing as Mac on the ground.

Me, too! I need to make better use of his super armor.

Flying Man on Magicant is the dumbest design decision in any Smash game. How the hell anyone thought making a stage hazard that is literally a team mate is beyond me. It ruins what is otherwise one of the best stages in the game, to the point that I absolutely hate playing on it and groan anytime Ness comes up in classic mode. I'm almost happy Lucas is cut, just so I don't have a higher chance of playing on this fucking stage.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It's honestly not a whole lot different from the Yellow Devil in that you can use it to attack the opponent. Granted, Flying Man takes a hell of a lot less work, but Flying Man can also be KO'd, whereas the Yellow Devil's explosion can't be stopped once it's in motion. I think Magicant is brilliant!

Game came this morning. Been playing all day.

So good. Nearly unlocked the entire first page of challenges. Is that how you get page two? Or is it unlocking all the characters?

Yayyy! We should play together. :3 And yeah, completing the first page will unlock the second. Chances are you will have a number of panels automatically completed once you unlock the second page.

All you Flying Man haters need to realize that life is but a moment.

Excellent advice. <3

FSLink

Banned
Peléo;130181318 said:
I don´t think Reset Bomb is a viable one. The plataform disposition on the second transition is horrible. Jungle Japes would be a great stage if they just removed the water. I wish it was viable. I think you made the right approach, to create a larger stage list and narrow to a thiner one from that, instead of the opposite.
Reset Bomb's 2nd part isn't that bad, but yeah the platforms and the little cave of death in the middle is a bit suspect. Probably banned.

Jungle Japes is terrible, absolutely. The water is impossible to get out of lol. It's a shame since it has awesome music (the N64 music and the new theme they added)

Azure J

DEEP FROG IS REAL

Greninja's Up B custom is some unholy combination of the Hover and Rocket Nozzles from Super Mario Sunshine. You could recover from Tartarus and land on Cloud 9.

Peléo;130181318 said:
Didn´t know the Flying Man was this disruptive. A simply Hazard-off option would suffice, unfortunately Sakurai is afraid this would turn Smash into PSABR.

Did Sakurai specifically say this somewhere? Because this is like the third time I've seen someone say this.

Molemitts

Reposting this. Hopefully someone can explain it to me, because Google isn't helping.

what's the name displayed at the bottom of the screen?

For me, it says "Mole mitts", which is weird because my Mii's name is, "Molemitts" and my Miiverse is also "Molemitts", neither of those have a space in them and I'm wondering why the name at the bottom does. I don't remember using "Mole mitts" for any username.

Tyeforce

Reposting this. Hopefully someone can explain it to me, because Google isn't helping.
It's your Nintendo 3DS system nickname. It's the name you entered in System Settings when setting up the system. You can go in and change it at any time if you want. It's not used for a whole lot, but it appears during wireless communications like Download Play and such.

Azure J

Had to gif this part of it

T3p5xiK.gif

If you could gif the Bowser part, or the first use of air Shadow Sneak, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I can tell the ninja meta's going to be "score a high aerial launch, jump with shadow sneak near offstage rim and engage shenanigans". :lol

Kinsei

Banned
It's your Nintendo 3DS system nickname. It's the name you entered in System Settings when setting up the system. You can go in and change it at any time if you want. It's not used for a whole lot, but it appears during wireless communications like Download Play and such.

That's not true. My real name appears on the bottom screen (My Mii name) but my system nickname is the same as my NNID.

Peléo

Did Sakurai specifically say this somewhere? Because this is like the third time I've seen someone say this.

He did a long time ago, a little after Smash 4 announcement I believe.

PN:What level of customization will be present in the game? In the past players had access to a great many options, notably regarding items. Are you going to implement new ones, such as being able to switch off damages caused by stage hazards?

S:You will still be able to control the apparition of items, but you won't be able to turn off stage hazards. If we did that, you'd find yourself with PSASB!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-dlc-music-selection-and-direction-new-game/

Reset Bomb's 2nd part isn't that bad, but yeah the platforms and the little cave of death in the middle is a bit suspect. Probably banned.

Jungle Japes is terrible, absolutely. The water is impossible to get out of lol. It's a shame since it has awesome music (the N64 music and the new theme they added)

Yes, circle camping is an issue.

Jungle Japes is awesome. The scenario and the music are great. It is one of the best FD available in my opinion. If only they got rid of the water.

DaBoss

Why can she stay? Cause she's a "waifu"?
No, it's because an easy to use Marth clone would be welcome. A balanced blade would make it easier for those who can't use spacing effectively to use Marth properly.

Not saying I agree with what was being said about the other 2 characters though.
Yeah, has a fludd-like effect. Fludd, why you so bad.
I find the FLUDD to makes it easier to set up meteors when CPUs are recovering from above (CPUs are dumb when it comes to off-stage, 90% of the meteors wouldn't happen with an actual person).

Pyrokai

Why does Lucina gets to stay when Dark Pit and Doc have more differences from the character they're cloned of than she does? :V

Hell, even Roy is less of a clone than Lucina.

Do you really like Fluud or something? Doc provides a nice alternative to people who were disappointed in Mario getting Fluud

Why can she stay? Cause she's a "waifu"?

Yeah because first two are lacking something. /s

Okay first.....I'm not attracted to women so she's not a "waifu" for me :p . I was mostly being silly. I'd prefer all of these to be alts rather than straight up clones. As far as Dr. Mario's tornado vs. Mario's FLUDD....c'mon....does anyone actually want FLUDD? :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay first.....I'm not attracted to women so she's not a "waifu" for me :p . I was mostly being silly. I'd prefer all of these to be alts rather than straight up clones. As far as Dr. Mario's tornado vs. Mario's FLUDD....c'mon....does anyone actually want FLUDD? :p

You would be surprised with the answers that I have seen.
Yes, I have seen few people preferred FLUDD over Tornado

StayDead

Peléo;130182956 said:
He did a long time ago, a little after Smash 4 announcement I believe.

PN:What level of customization will be present in the game? In the past players had access to a great many options, notably regarding items. Are you going to implement new ones, such as being able to switch off damages caused by stage hazards?

S:You will still be able to control the apparition of items, but you won't be able to turn off stage hazards. If we did that, you'd find yourself with PSASB!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-dlc-music-selection-and-direction-new-game/

Yes, circle camping is an issue.

Jungle Japes is awesome. The scenario and the music are great. It is one of the best FD available in my opinion. If only they got rid of the water.

The water isn't in then FD Varient.

The best FDs though are Dreamland, F-Zero and Magicant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom