• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I see what you are saying. That gif is from a stance for a 2D animated fighting game engine (MUGEN). Thus why it is animated from the side view perspective. The source for the graphics used is from Corruption, however.

Is there a topic on a Mugen forum for this? I am interested in it.

Golnei

Speaking of quick clones, since Lucina and Marth share custom moves, why not give her different defaults? The removal of the tipper mechanic seems to have been to streamline her as a character, so giving her the 'easy' variants of Counter and the side / up B moves by default would make sense.

You can make Toon Link into Young Link :D

Continuing to reinforce to me that Toon Link is just Young Link with a new name and the same changes Falco and Ganon got in Brawl.

I'm probably only going to use very limited custom moves. Probably mostly Mii based, in addition to making a Young Link, Lucas, Alph and a few Koopaling movesets.

Being able to tie moves to costumes is a great addition

Josephl64

Custom moves are only allowed online through friends if I recall correctly. If so, it would be difficult for me to practice a char with them even though there's a certain pika one I like

Hatchtag

Banned
Think a typical university WiFi connection will allow decent play? My apartment wi-fi sure won't.

It does on my Xbox One, but my current workaround to get the 3ds to work with it is through a virtual router, which is really finnicky. It worked fine the one match it worked for, otherwise it doesn't work at all.

emb

Fire Arrows and Short-fuse Bombs seem useful. My perspective on this game so far tends to be that it's all about going deep or racking up percent, and I think the latter is gonna end up happening more often. Both seem good for building damage with some patience and zoning.

Fire Arrows and Short-fuse Bombs seem useful. My perspective on this game so far tends to be that it's all about going deep or racking up percent, and I think the latter is gonna end up happening more often. Both seem good for building damage with some patience and zoning.
Yeah, Short Fused bombs seem super useful.

Makai

this is called combo DI

all the top players do it to entertain their fans
lol!

Me and Makai had possibly the greatest Falcon ditto in Smash 4 history on normal Mute City. Not sure if it was recorded, unfortunately >_<
Sorry, I should have been recording. I did save some of the replays, although I forgot to save a lot of them and unfortunately the one on F-Zero wasn't saved. I saved one of the FD dittos and most of the Battlefield matches. I'll record those soon.

That sounds amazing. Although Makai puts Kanye West music, etc, over his matches. I want to see normal Mute City with the Mute City music (either version) and everything.
It's exhausting to listen to the same lo-fi BGM tracks for hours.

sfz

Banned
It does on my Xbox One, but my current workaround to get the 3ds to work with it is through a virtual router, which is really finnicky. It worked fine the one match it worked for, otherwise it doesn't work at all.
Ah, for mine, all I had to do was log in through the browser. My university has 2 networks. One of them requires a username and password signin, the other just requires you to register each device you connect to your account.

PKGaming

Banned
Does Clash Tournament or VGBootCamp have any archived matches with Little Mac? I tried finding some on Youtube, but couldn't find any.

Okay, since I love ya'll, here's the link to my folder containing the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS OST in MP3 (22khz / 160kbit):

Please give it a few minutes to upload the remaining files (might take up to 30min).

How big should this be? Because I'm not getting a size in MB/GB from either the site or Chrome's download bar.

So are people really stumped by Rosalina? I don't hear much talk surrounding her. I'd be interested if people could really pull out some weird combos with her

I feel like Rosalina and Shulk are two characters that are going to take a long time for people to master. Although, as Revven noted, there is some footage of her already, It was not much in comparison to other newcomers such as Robin or Palutena.

I'm really looking forward to playing as her!

georly

Probably already been shown off, but just saw this. Jiggs can up-throw into rest at like 55%!

jiggs is finally back ;____;

Yeah she's really really good. Everyone is so good in this game, it's fantastic. I'm hoping the gap stays much smaller this time. Smaller than melee even, but I doubt it.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty disappointed in that Final Destination theme.
Say what you will about he Brawl theme being over used. The FD theme on Brawl was epic for 1v1. 3DS FD on 3DS just sounds way too mellow.

sfz

Banned
What upload speeds would you recommend for playing Smash online?
And how do you check your speed from a 3DS?

emb

Probably already been shown off, but just saw this. Jiggs can up-throw into rest at like 55%!

jiggs is finally back ;____;
Looks great. Can't believe rest killed at 55% in this game. Probably takes more if they hold down, but still. Wow.
(Minor correction, that's up air to rest.)

Dr. Buni

Say what you will about he Brawl theme being over used. The FD theme on Brawl was epic for 1v1. 3DS FD on 3DS just sounds way too mellow.
With all stages having "Omega" forms, I really don't care about Final Destination or whatever theme plays in the stage.
There doesn't seem that many music tracks in the 3DS version :/ I hope there's more on Wii U.
Quality > Quantity. The 3DS soundtrack is miles better than Brawl's already. The Wii U version will have more tracks, that was confirmed already.

sfz

Banned

I think the theme is different and pretty intense, actually.

I can't tell the difference between the Brawl theme and the Smash 3DS theme at this point.

With all stages having "Omega" forms, I really don't care about Final Destination or whatever theme plays in the stage.

Quality > Quantity. The 3DS soundtrack is miles better than Brawl's already. The Wii U version will have more tracks, that was confirmed already.
You think so? The 3DS soundtrack is good, but it's basically all originals, and even the remixes aren't particularly breathtaking for the most part, they're roughly on the same levels as Brawl.

Jawmuncher

I'll guess i'll use "You Will Remember Our Names" as my FD replacement.

I think the theme is different and pretty intense, actually.
I can't tell the difference between the Brawl theme and the Smash 3DS theme at this point.

The 3DS theme is just too light for my tastes. The Brawl version was a lot more epic especially with the chorus going at the beginning.

Also what I have gone through for the 3DS version music selection. Gerudo Valley is my favorite track so far.
Haven't felt to much of the others and the Xenoblade ones didn't get a remix so that's a little sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom