• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Idea what this is?
LFdb.png
And who is this on the lower left

RiggyRob

What's the best way to use Villager? I'm trying to learn his ways but he's a bit quirky for me. I've tried sticking to forward and down tilts with the down special for big hits, but whenever I have to go in the air I'm lost.

Crayolan

Probably already been shown off, but just saw this. Jiggs can up-throw into rest at like 55%!

jiggs is finally back ;____;

Not melee tier, but that's still damn good. I think jiggz will dominate in this game.

What's the best way to use Villager? I'm trying to learn his ways but he's a bit quirky for me. I've tried sticking to forward and down tilts with the down special for big hits, but whenever I have to go in the air I'm lost.

Play mindgames with the tree. Whenever it's up your opponent instantly has something to be scared about. Plus don't forget you have the axe as an attack when the tree is up, which is nearly as strong as the bowling ball. Use the gyroid to approach opponents and pocket any projectiles they send your way. Anytime your opponent goes offstage and is above level ground, chase them and harass them offstage--your recovery guarantees you will always survive. If they go below the stage, either drop a tree or try to land the bowling ball as they go for the ledge. If you know they're going to overshoot the ledge just slightly, either prepare an upsmash or just try to spike them back down. His best and most consistent moves are the turnips (up/down air), so use those a lot unless you know you can line up the slingshot properly (side air).

ffdgh

I'm pretty disappointed in that Final Destination theme.
Say what you will about he Brawl theme being over used. The FD theme on Brawl was epic for 1v1. 3DS FD on 3DS just sounds way too mellow.

I'm cool with the more upbeat theme. Plus we have the epic melee remix to fight to too!

sfz

Banned
Using Speedtest on the network I may use for smash:
Ping: 67 ms
Download: 18.16 Mbps
Upload: 9.62 Mbps

Is this good for Smash?

Glass Rebel

Quality > Quantity. The 3DS soundtrack is miles better than Brawl's already. The Wii U version will have more tracks, that was confirmed already.

I'll give the 3DS soundtrack a listen as soon as it's down but the stuff I've heard on the official page is pretty damn nice, I admit. It's just that Fire Emblem for example had 11 (I think) tracks in Brawl, with most of them pretty hype.

I'm glad to hear that the Wii U version will have more at least, must have missed that.

On the contrary, I'm surprised there is that much tracks, despite each stages having only 2 (yes, I know about Smash Run only music)

Two tracks per stage is definitely disappointing but I guess it's to be expected with the 3DS' limited storage. Well, I'll see when I have the game.

Use his slingshot and lloid rocket for zoning.

Unfortunately, he seriously lacks killing power outside of his bowling ball and tree, both of which are really hard to land.

Timeaisis

I asked about this a couple pages back: how are the stages in the 3DS version overall?

Also, I know lots of them are exclusive, but do we have a stage list for the Wii U version? Looking at some wikis and it seems like Wii U has a lot less stages than 3DS (at the moment).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I asked about this a couple stages back: how are the stages in the 3DS version overall?

Also, I know lots of them are exclusive, but do we have a stage list for the Wii U version? Looking at some wikis and it seems like Wii U has a lot less stages than 3DS (at the moment).

Well, they aren't done with revealing the stages for Wii U

There we go guys

Sakurai addresses Ice Climbers’ absence in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and more in new Famitsu column

First, regarding the roster, Sakurai mentioned that even though many characters are included, there are some who worry about those who didn’t make the cut. He specifically addresses the absence of the Ice Climbers as well. It seems they were running in the Wii U version, but due to the required hardware power, the team couldn’t make them work in the 3DS game. There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.

Fiktion

Banned
I'll guess i'll use "You Will Remember Our Names" as my FD replacement.

The 3DS theme is just too light for my tastes. The Brawl version was a lot more epic especially with the chorus going at the beginning.

Why not just use the Melee Version 2 theme on Final Destination?

RiggyRob

Use his slingshot and lloid rocket for zoning.

Unfortunately, he seriously lacks killing power outside of his bowling ball and tree, both of which are really hard to land.

I was thinking this too - the bowling ball's range is dogshite, the fireworks just don't launch far enough and the shovel obviously doesn't kill, but the tree is good especially since it means you can get a hit when it grows, edgeguard when it's chopped down (+ you get a woodblock as a projectile) and the axe itself is more powerful than the rest of his moves it seems.

I'm interested in this though
There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.
So, Ice Climber will get a new game in the future?

And now I'm upset that the 3DS version even exists. Why did the rosters have to be exactly the same between versions?

At least this means that there's a good chance they'll be back for the next smash, so long as they don't go the handheld route again.

Pretty sure next handheld will have better processing power, so IC maybe will return.

Neiteio

All you goddamn doubters! It is because of the 3DS! This gives me very high hopes in their return though. Once the Wii U version is released along with the n3DS.
Sakurai said the games would have roster parity... but he can always double back and say, "I meant the base games! Here's some WiiU-exclusive Ice Climbers DLC!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom