• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to feel the same way, but it's like asphyxiating my hopes and dreams with a pillow. Keeping low expectations for Smash is always such a difficult thing...

Honestly as a whole I really like the 47 character roster, while I wish it had some characters I personally want like Isaac/GS rep, Ridley, Takamaru, etc I think as a whole the roster we're most likely getting is really well diverse and balanced with a lot of fun characters on it.

justchris

Didn't Sakurai explicitly say there would be no DLC though?

Unless that was just a trained game dev answer he gave us.

Actually he said there was no planned DLC. He wants to make a complete game first, but said once the game was complete he might consider DLC.

Tomohawk

Did anyone compare the revealed palutena with the "leaked" one.

Edit: also hope they make palutena's model more expressive, she looks like a doll right now.

Golnei

Honestly as a whole I really like the 47 character roster, while I wish it had some characters I personally want like Isaac/GS rep, Ridley, Takamaru, etc I think as a whole the roster we're most likely getting is really well diverse and balanced with a lot of fun characters on it.

The 47 character roster is decent, but I'm cold on the addition of Chrom and Shulk, and some of its proposed cuts really sting. I can only hope development time allowed for something a little more expansive. Even if my personal worst case scenario occurs, I won't be dissatisfied with the overall roster - it just so happens that low expectations for Smash Bros. are high expectations on any other scale.

Did anyone compare the revealed palutena with the "leaked" one.

Results are inconclusive as #teamreal believes her being in the game confirms the pics but they're rough/unfinished, #teamfake believes it not being 100% the same confirms it's fake

Truth is if it's real we'll probably never know, if it's fake we'll only find out once the faker finally admits it

The 47 character roster is decent, but I'm cold on the addition of Chrom and Shulk, and some of its proposed cuts really sting. I can only hope development time allowed for something a little more expansive. Even if my personal worst case scenario occurs, I won't be dissatisfied with the overall roster - it just so happens that low expectations for Smash Bros. are high expectations on any other scale.

I'm really happy with Chrom and Shulk, honestly the only characters I'm still ehh'd on is WFT who I like but always thought was an ehh choice. Verdict is still out on Chrous Kid as while I love RH and love their mini game I'm not sure if they're my ideal RH rep need to see footage first

Zalman

I don't care much about newcomers anymore. I got everyone I wanted. Now I'm more interested in returning characters. I'm thinking everyone who's left from Brawl will return except:

Squirtle
Ivysaur
Snake
And maybe Wolf and Lucas too.

So about 10 characters from Brawl + whatever newcomers are left. Even if the Gematsu leak is real, I doubt that's all the newcomers we're getting. If that's the case, then there's only 3 left, and I'm sure Sakurai wants to keep more of them hidden. Considering we still have a few months to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see more characters than some of us might expect.

Shulk should be fantastic. Xenoblade gives him a massive moveset that should make him distinct from other swordsmen.

Chrom will be great if he summons other FE:A characters for his moves, mediocre otherwise.

Who were the characters rumored to be cut?
Just Lucas.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Chrom is below mediocre; he has no defining moves or actions. Only way to make him mediocre is to give him the shield.

IntelliHeaLth asked people to bring in the toxic from the other thread. I hate all of you, especially you reading this, and you stink at Smashin your bros. Something something booty.

hi everyone

Golnei

I hope metaknight and wolf make it in, I'm getting a little worried they haven't been announced yet

Wolf's kind of like Ike - despite his presence on nearly every cut list, there's no pressing reason to remove him, and a quite a few in his favour. So he should return; though the jury's out on whether he's visiting the same gym as Mega Swampert, Knuckles and Ike these days.

Forkball

I can't see why anyone would want Falco over Wolf.

I think Chrom would work better as Chrom AND Lucina since pair up is a major gameplay mechanic of FEA. It should be interesting how they differ him from the other guys. While Ike and Marth have a bigger gap between them than Roy and Marth, they still have some similar special moves like the B charge attack and down B counter. I hope Chrom is completely different.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Shulk should be fantastic. Xenoblade gives him a massive moveset that should make him distinct from other swordsmen.

Chrom will be great if he summons other FE:A characters for his moves, mediocre otherwise.

Just Lucas.

hmmm, either lucas will come back or they will use kumatora, because kumatora.

foxuzamaki

Wolf's kind of like Ike - despite his presence on nearly every cut list, there's no pressing reason to remove him, and a quite a few in his favour. So he should return; though the jury's out on whether he's visiting the same gym as Mega Swampert, Knuckles and Ike these days.

Wolf wont be cut based solely on the fact that if a series has about 3 characters represented in smash, none of them are at risk of beign cut, however if that series only has 2 characters, and that character that doesnt represent the entire franchise, like roy compared to marth for instance, then they have a higher chance of being cut, you also basically have immunity if your a single character in a franchise, like Mr. G&W, captain falcon, ice climbers, and rob.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woah, just saw all the bans in the last thread. Feel kind of bad since I brought up the issue which resulted in all that. :/

Jintor

I wonder if it would have been worth asking Sakurai in the roundtable when the cutoff date for representation in whatever form is set. Splatoon representation would be so goddamn cool but I can't help but feel it's totally out.

Yarn/Wool/Clay stage reveal plz

foxuzamaki

I wonder if it would have been worth asking Sakurai in the roundtable when the cutoff date for representation in whatever form is set. Splatoon representation would be so goddamn cool but I can't help but feel it's totally out.

Yarn/Wool/Clay stage reveal plz

All we can do is hope for splatoon

Kouriozan

New thread for a fresh new start, let's all be happy and Smash together (soon) !

cIv1TbS.jpg

R0ckman

I think people are being a BIT too confident in Mewtwo's return. I'm just going with safe assumption that he's not returning. Considering Sakurai stating there were Pokemon slots, and that they would mostly be filled with Gen 1 characters if he was included. He makes sense as DLC though. Don't always know what he's thinking but if he thinks adding Chrom was a legitimately good idea and wasn't "encouraged" by Nintendo to get more copies of Awakening out the door...I don't know what to say.

I think during that panel he pretty much revealed that its actually Nintendo that determines stuff like how competitive the game should be and its direction in terms of accessibility. They were probably the ones who also stopped him from doing a legit character poll. By the time Miiverse was up and running and Nintendo could potentially look at fan request (although most of them were stupid on Miiverse) the roster had been finalized.

Would the fact that now he is technically a contractor effect how much he can control things?

Golnei

And i'll be one of the happiest people here when she gets revealed.

I won't even shed a tear for Lucas if Kumatora gets in. Besides being an awesome character and contrast to Ness, she'd be a MOTHER character with a semi-faithful moveset. Too bad her chances are miniscule.

Pachimari

I see Lucas and Ness are representatives of the Mother franchise? I want to get to know them but I have never played a Mother game.

Are any of them available through VC on 3DS or Wii U?

Jintor

Earthbound is on VC

I think it's really funny how in the Palutena video Link is presented basically as a silent remorseless killing machine

Golnei

Earthbound is on VC

I think it's really funny how in the Palutena video Link is presented basically as a silent remorseless killing machine

Some of them are. If the Hero's Shade is any indication, Links tend to mellow out a lot after they die.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Earthbound is on VC

That's what happens when you're in a Smash game... you beat each other up with no remorse.

R0ckman

Anyone think that equipment will be based on the characters? Like tunics for Link, overalls for Marth, I don't what the hell they'd do for like Game and Watch of Chorus Men.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think during that panel he pretty much revealed that its actually Nintendo that determines stuff like how competitive the game should be and its direction in terms of accessibility. They were probably the ones who also stopped him from doing a legit character poll. By the time Miiverse was up and running and Nintendo could potentially look at fan request (although most of them were stupid on Miiverse) the roster had been finalized.
Well does no one remember what Iwata said when announcing Smash for Wii? "That's my game" he says. Its always been his game.

StayDead

I just got me one of those mayflash adapters so I can use my GC controller with my PC. This'll tide me over until the official one comes out and I never need to use my 360 pad ever again.

Hopefully it works as good as it should >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom