• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

At a round table after the Smash Invitational.

Okay... Thanks!
Was there a thread for it? I completely missed it. Need to read those reactions! :p

This is actually the first reveal that makes me think "wow, why not ________? (insert other character here)" It is not like Pacman is a relevant character any more, and he looks weird in 3D. But I guess he is in because Namco-Bandai is co-developing it, right? Oh well...

So far that leak is completely right, no? And to think it look completely ridiculous at the time I first read read it.

Frodo

In case you guys didn't know Pac-Man's kind of a big deal, historically speaking :p

I know that... Wouldn't stop me from exchanging him for Ridley any day of the week, though. :p

Edit: I've just watched the reveal trailer now and it is not as bad as I was thinking. I actually like the sound effects and the moves seem to be all right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought Wario would also be a sure goner, if he wasn't in Brawl and when Mario has his colors?
If he wasn't in Brawl how could he be a goner? He could only be an anticipated newcomer. Also Mario has had those colours since the 64 game. Seriously, does no one toggle colours or something?

mindsale

I think the roster will hit 60. The way the treehouse players made it sound ("I really enjoy playing as some characters we haven't announced") really sounds expansive; though yes, that could just mean some returning vets or Chorus Men or something.

Plus, they're monetizing amiibo based on the game at likely $15 per. Wouldn't they want a huge roster (and DLC?) to better capitalize on collectors and completists?

mindsale

I people want Ridley so bad, they can just color Charizard purple.

Yeah I said it

Hah, give him an alt costume with an astronaut helmet so people can call him a space dragon.

Sidenote: Ridley's moves in games almost always rely on his mobility. His recovery move(s) should be the best in the game - full screen aerial dashes. I don't remember him much from Other M (really trying to repress those memories) other than freezing Samus with anxiety. That'd be a cool move - "Induce Panic Attack."

StayDead

If he wasn't in Brawl how could he be a goner? He could only be an anticipated newcomer. Also Mario has had those colours since the 64 game. Seriously, does no one toggle colours or something?

default or bust imo

(just kidding I play as a variety of colours <3)

Pachimari

I'm just repeating what I was told in these threads.

I have never owned a Smash Bros.

JoeInky

I just thought, did anyone actually ask sakurai at the roundtable if he'd be considering any of the suggestions the reps were taking down?

MASSIVE missed opportunity if so.

BqKsO_FIEAAd89C.png:large

Progress on E3 alt colors.

NotLiquid

This is actually the first reveal that makes me think "wow, why not ________? (insert other character here)" It is not like Pacman is a relevant character any more, and he looks weird in 3D. But I guess he is in because Namco-Bandai is co-developing it, right? Oh well...

The same can be said for Sonic and Mega Man really. Mario is the only figure that still maintains it's worldwide relevancy and franchise power, everyone else went out with a whimper. It's why a game with Mario on the forefront is making this crossover happen.

But legacy is legacy nonetheless and the history is undeniable. Pac-Man is a Game & Watch situation basically - respect your elders. Those two made gaming big before Mario swept everyone under their feet.

Rookje

So I'm going to get a Wii U for smash eventually. I've heard of the Smash bundle, but its logical to assume there will be a Smash + Wii U console bundle, right?

So I'm going to get a Wii U for smash eventually. I've heard of the Smash bundle, but its logical to assume there will be a Smash + Wii U console bundle, right?

Logic and Nintendo don't usually go together, but it makes sense. If not I'm sure retailers will do their own pack in deals.

VegiHam

I totally hope so, I'll be picking up Smash and a Wii U come Christmas, would be nice not to have to shop too much.

Jintor

So what Nintendo franchises aren't represented in Smash in any capacity at the moment? Only a few things pop into mind immediately:

Pushmo/Pullblox (3DS)
Art Academy
Xenoblade?
Splatoon + Project STEAM (unlikely due to timing)
Brain Age?
Fatal Frame (part ownership)
Puzzle League
Harmoknight
The Last Story (published - not sure if owned?)
Pandora's Tower (published - not sure if owned?)
Another Code (published - not sure if owned?)
Wave Race

As I recall, Rhythm Heaven has an enemy in Smash mode atm and potentially a series rep at the character level, Ouendan/EBA have trophies, Sin and Punishment, Advance Wars and Excitebike have Assist Trophies. I'm counting Miis and Wii Fit Trainer as representative of Wii Sports/Sports Resort/Party etc. I'm probably missing some older stuff

Comet

So what Nintendo franchises aren't represented in Smash in any capacity at the moment? Only a few things pop into mind immediately:

Pushmo/Pullblox (3DS)
Art Academy
Xenoblade?
Brain Age?
Puzzle League
Harmoknight
Wave Race

As I recall, Rhythm Heaven has an enemy in Smash mode atm and potentially a series rep at the character level, Ouendan/EBA have trophies, Sin and Punishment, Advance Wars and Excitebike have Assist Trophies. I'm counting Miis and Wii Fit Trainer as representative of Wii Sports/Sports Resort/Party etc. I'm probably missing some older stuff

Advance Wars (or is there an assist trophy?)

RiggyRob

Pushmo/Pullblox (3DS)
Art Academy
Xenoblade?
Brain Age?
Puzzle League
Harmoknight
Wave Race

Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Axass

New thread, weeeeee!

The titles are beginning to become a lil' too meta for my tastes, the proposed ones about Zero Scarf Samus were great.

Posting my roster (the new version of Roster Maker s out btw) for the new thread:

34Dzh96.png

Based on the 3DS character select screen, 11 slots x 5 rows, 55 characters, no random because iirc it wasn't there on the 3DS. Still no cuts (aside from Squirtle and Ivysaur) even though Snake is very unlikely at this point, probably Lucas too.

I see there are still Isaac believers out there.

I thought a lot of them had disappeared along with the Geno believers. Not that I'm against either one.

Axass

I see there are still Isaac believers out there.

I thought a lot of them had disappeared along with the Geno believers. Not that I'm against either one.

Well, there's no Isaac assist trophy in sight, even though Shadow was in the demo and it was an unlockable in Brawl, just like Isaac.

Wait there's another leak? This the gematsu one or another?

And you guys better make sure the OT for Smash gets to OT10 when it's released at this rate =P

Is there gonna be separate OT for 3DS and Wii U version or gonna be the same thread though?

zeromcd73

Pushmo/Pullblox (3DS)
Art Academy
Xenoblade?
Brain Age?
Puzzle League
Harmoknight
Wave Race

Not Nintendo but I would love to see Professor Layton in Smash :)

Jintor

Wait there's another leak? This the gematsu one or another?

And you guys better make sure the OT for Smash gets to OT10 when it's released at this rate =P

Is there gonna be separate OT for 3DS and Wii U version or gonna be the same thread though?

Definitely will be seperate OTs since they're on different platforms and have different release dates. However they'll probably end up merging eventually

VegiHam

Not Nintendo but I would love to see Professor Layton in Smash :)

I want this too, so much potential for a totally out there crazy moveset. 'Solved!' as a final Smash where he just turns giant and points, and maybe you could design him around, like, puzzling out the enemies weak points? A special that makes his other attacks stronger? Or, just let him attack people with moving blocks and fencing. Maybe he could have a sing like attack where he confuses people, or a recovery with the
flying Laytonmobile
from Unwound Future.

Definitely will be seperate OTs since they're on different platforms and have different release dates. However they'll probably end up merging eventually
Ah, makes sense.

Hmmmm I think it's probably cause they haven't revealed too much of the Wii U modes that I think Smash Run might make the 3DS OT version more popular overall.

Axass

What about spoilers regarding the unlockables? Will there be threads all around GAF saying X or Y character is in after the japanese version comes out? Will I be safe if I just ignore Smash threads up till the western launch?

Jawmuncher

What about spoilers regarding the unlockables? Will there be threads all around GAF saying X or Y character is in after the japanese version comes out? Will I be safe if I just ignore Smash threads up till the western launch?

Always figured character announcements for fighting games were free game and not under spoilers. Better off staying away from GAF after the Japanese release since the remaining characters are going to be posted.

Axass

Always figured character announcements for fighting games were free game and not under spoilers. Better off staying away from GAF after the Japanese release since the remaining characters are going to be posted.

I guess I'll try... but I'll probably give up after a bunch of days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom