• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl renewed - moving to the CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well rename the CW to the DC Channel and be done with it.

If this means Supernatural and The 100 become DC properties, then I'm ok with this.

They need to reboot Supergirl or at least shake-up the main cast. I didn't like what I saw of their season 1. I'm not saying she needs to be dark and serious like Arrow, but the show as it is now is definitely missing something.

PreFire

Saw this coming. Too lazy to look for the quote of me saying it lol

This will be good. Flying and fighting will look 100x better. And crossovers

louiedog

Flash does a really really really good job on a CW budget. Hopefully they can work similar magic with Supergirl. Most CW shows get very noticeable budget cuts as the guys with "powers" suddenly only power up once every 10 episodes, and the sets get smaller and smaller, but I haven't noticed this at all with The Flash. The powers are still cool, the fights are fun, and the sets don't really bother me.

Agreed. The Flash works with the budget pretty well. You get some goofy looking stuff, but mostly they know what to show and when to hold back.

I think Supergirl is the worst looking of all of these shows because just about every episode has super fights that are never pulled off well. They show a lot more and do a lot more than the other series, but not to its benefit.

wamberz1

Wait, I've got a better Idea than a crises.
Have this happen:
latest
Suddenly, Darksied and co show up to wreck shit. Supergirl's earth fights it but fails, since they only have three heroes really. Planet gets wrecked, superman sacrafices himself getting Kara, the main cast and a bunch of humans to safety on a huge ship. Realizing they are running out of supplies and that apokilips is still hunting them they ask cisco to rip the universe a new asshole and transport them to safety on earth 1.
Boom. Reason for new sets, no superman and even some justice league movie promotion in there. Call me anytime DC.

Ophelion

Have this happen:

Suddenly, Darksied and co show up to wreck shit. Supergirl's earth fights it but fails, since they only have three heroes really. Planet gets wrecked, superman sacrafices himself getting Kara, the main cast and a bunch of humans to safety on a huge ship. Realizing they are running out of supplies and that apokilips is still hunting them they ask cisco to rip the universe a new asshole and transport them to safety on earth 1.
Boom. Reason for new sets, no superman and even some justice league movie promotion in there. Call me anytime DC.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Kara fanboy through and through, but I'd really prefer it if whatever gets her there doesn't give her freakin' PTSD as a tradeoff.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Have this happen:

CW Execs: Now re-write this scenario without using WB's movie only properties, Superman and Darkseid.

Can't wait for Kara to be upset when she teams up with angry Ollie and he tortures some mook by twisting the arrow in his wound.

AGITΩ

Now let's get Cisco to mess up a Vibe powers test that causes Earth-1 to vibrate at the same Frequency as Earth-3 making the worlds unite.

Dysun

Merge the universes and trim some of the supporting cast

Could be a Gotham/Shield like turnaround from mediocre to good

Tabby

This was "leaked" a few weeks ago when Cavanaugh let slip that Supergirl is filming in Vancouver this year, no shock.
Glad to see it officially announced for a second season though.

Volimar

This was "leaked" a few weeks ago when Cavanaugh let slip that Supergirl is filming in Vancouver this year, no shock.
Glad to see it officially announced for a second season though.

That could have just been a crossover though. This is confirmation.

Schnozberry

If this means Supernatural and The 100 become DC properties, then I'm ok with this.

They need to reboot Supergirl or at least shake-up the main cast. I didn't like what I saw of their season 1. I'm not saying she needs to be dark and serious like Arrow, but the show as it is now is definitely missing something.

The show was far too similar to the SNL Black Widow parody trailer than what it should have been. That, and Kara's power levels and gullibility fluctuated dramatically whenever the plot required them too, much like Barry Allen's on The Flash, and it made for a lot of eye rolling moments.

No. Keep it separate. I already get enough Felicity Bullshit in the Arrowverse.

lol
There's no way it'll be separate

They need to ditch James. Keep everyone else since they have a good dynamic with each other and with Barry! :D

Dunlop

Can't wait for Kara to be upset when she teams up with angry Ollie and he tortures some mook by twisting the arrow in his wound.

Ollie doesn't do that anymore. He pretty much gets his ass handed to him by everyone now.

Supergirl on CW could be interesting, but if they lose Calista Flockhart I think it would be a almost fatal blow. I was quite surprised with her casting be she is far and away the best character on the show

gazele

Banned
As long as this removes the presence of Superman in the world, I'll be happy

Although a full transition to Earth 1 would be my choice

Ollie doesn't do that anymore. He pretty much gets his ass handed to him by everyone now.

Supergirl on CW could be interesting, but if they lose Calista Flockhart I think it would be a almost fatal blow. I was quite surprised with her casting be she is far and away the best character on the show

Calista is onboard!

regular chump ass Ollie is different from super competent team up Ollie who can take down Reverse Flash. Ollie wasn't doing any torturing before he teamed up with the Flash but they did it anyway to highlight how "different" they are. It's the Batman deal, when he's around the Justice League he suddenly becomes the only competent person in the room.

I don't think they need to rush to combine the worlds, the first crossover is going to be big whatever they choose to do, if it's Flash only mid-season and then they do something Crisis-like nearing the end of the season where we finally get the big three team-up, then that might be optimal.

Could be a Gotham/Shield like turnaround from mediocre to good

I just recently started S2 of Gotham after trudging through the first season on Netflix, and I'm absolutely floored at the turnaround that show has had.

That's why I try not to be so down on inaugural seasons of television shows. Sometimes, they actually learn from their mistakes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
1. Flash
2. Supergirl
3. Arrow.
100. Legends of Tomorrow

We all know it to be true.
I've seen two episodes of Supergirl, and judging from those it's easily the worst of the lot.

I don't really like the show to be honest and I hope they just take Supergirl's actor and make her powergirl in the arrowverse.

Phyranion

Simple solution:
  • Earth 1 is under attack by some alien threat
  • Barry can't handle it alone, fetches Supergirl
  • Supergirl realize Earth-1 will need her in the future, so she stays
  • Superman stays on Earth-3, taking him out of the equation

gazele

Banned
Simple solution:
  • Earth 1 is under attack by some alien threat
  • Barry can't handle it alone, fetches Supergirl
  • Supergirl realize Earth-1 will need her in the future, so she stays
  • Superman stays on Earth-3, taking him out of the equation

Don't think that'd work since they need to bring over Olsen, Cat grant, her sister etc.

Would need to be a multiple earth crisis

PreFire

If they're gonna keep James, they should either have those two hang out in real life or just not follow through because they have no on screen chemistry whatsoever. I seriously cringe whenever I see them all fake lovey dubby. Kara dating him (or any regular human) is so stupid..

Knowin CW though, there's definitely some romance going on

Volimar

1. Flash
2. Supergirl
3. Arrow.
100. Legends of Tomorrow

1. iZombie

If they're gonna keep James, they should either have those two hang out in real life or just not follow through because they have no on screen chemistry whatsoever. I seriously cringe whenever I see them all fake lovey dubby. Kara dating him (or any regular human) is so stupid..

Knowin CW though, there's definitely some romance going on

More chemistry than she had with her actual husband.

Considering The Flash had to traverse the speed force and end up on a different Earth to have a mash up with Kara, it would be very strange if they suddenly existed in the same Universe.

Well, it could have been nothing, but they did mention on Supergirl that two earths could merge...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great news

Thought Supergirl vastly improved from the early episodes, CW is a much better fit

1. Flash
2. Supergirl
3. Arrow.
100. Legends of Tomorrow

LoT is much better than Arrow

Arrow's been trash for 2 seasons

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This news has me very happy. I absolutely loved the crossover episode with The Flash, as Gustin and Benoist had fantastic chemistry.

I say drop Legends of Tomorrow, and move the best characters back to Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl. I was a big supporter of LoT, but the last two episodes have pushed my fucking patience, and I'm ready for the Vandal Savage bs to be over with. I like Vandal Savage a lot, but the mirder they're doing to Hawkgirl's character is making the show insufferable to watch. It's not a fault of the actress, but the writers are doing their damnedest to make her the most unlikable, phenomenally stupid character on the show. She needs a retooling, STAT.

Don't think that'd work since they need to bring over Olsen, Cat grant, her sister etc.

Would need to be a multiple earth crisis

Those characters would already be in place in the Arrowverse. The thrust of the plot would be her reconnecting to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom