• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SURPRISE! Black Ops III announced for PS3/360, no Wii U version planned

Rembrandt

Banned
Good. No reason to get upset, especially since different developers. They're putting this gen first which is the way it should be if companies are still going to release on last gen. No reason to completely exclude them yet.

Still not sure what to get for my MP fix or just stick with CS GO and TLOUR.

SW BF, R6Siege, Splatoon or CoD BO3. Maybe just get into BF4, after all I am a cheap bastard.

I will just have time to play 1 :(, hard to choose.

No Wii U version sucks.

JordanN

Banned
Annnnnnnnd this is why the PS4 is going to last 10 years.

The hardware power already exists to blow away last gen, but Publishers are making it known they do not want to abandon 2005 hardware.

Annnnnnnnd this is why the PS4 is going to last 10 years.

The hardware power already exists to blow away last gen, but Publishers are making it known they do not want to abandon 2005 hardware.

Nope, this only happens with very popular franchises like Sports games, Lego games and CoD. I hope cross gen dies or Sony pumps more games quicker.

TomShoe

Banned
I also don't get the rage over no Wii U version. The Wii U is dead. Nintendo, Activision, and many other 3rd parties have given up on it. Buy another console if you're looking for 3rd party support, cause the Wii U sure isn't getting it.

I also don't get the rage over no Wii U version. The Wii U is dead. Nintendo, Activision, and many other 3rd parties have given up on it. Buy another console if you're looking for 3rd party support, cause the Wii U sure isn't getting it.

Yes it sucks, I love my Wii U, but Nintendo should just expand collabs and internal studios to pump more games, love most of their games.

I like to buy CoD games when very cheap for the SP and some MP, not going to change that.

Gnilres

lol "dead". Not quite.

jorgejjvr

Were you expecting amazing visuals even though it's still running on the same damn engine it has been for years.
LOL its not about visuals. I've played bo1 and 2 on Nintendo consoles, I wanted 3 for my wii u and console and choice. It's about the game play and not how it looks and regardless bo2 looked great on wii u.

We got the first two games and now we won't get the third one, it really sucks and doesn't make sense. They should have at least given us the last one to the 'trilogy' per say

shanafan

... Nintendo?

jorgejjvr

LOL Nintendo has been pumping out the best games this generation on wii u and continues to do so

Welp. No more cod for me then. /:

They had the controls down real good on Wii and Wii u.

Thank you Treyarch Wii team to staying with us through the end!

For third party games, it pretty much is.

Yes, that is right. This is why I think they should focus on more collabs and internal development, that with some indie masterpieces is great, but you still need another system.

I need a Nintendo fix as much as I need hardware to run the Multiplats, the Wii U has been providing great games, it is one fo my fave consoles.

Because Wii treyarch team made the best controls on consoles. Not only have they supported dual analog, but they supported wiimote controls also. Sluggish dual analog with aim assist can't compare to wiimotion IR controls imho.

On to Devil's Third..

-Horizon-

I didn't know Nintendo also gave up on it :<

Ichabod

Banned
gDQk9GQ.gif

Supposedly most of the major projects have already been switched to the future console.

The Wii U isn't completely dead but the life support machine has been unplugged and it's dieing peacefully over the next 12 months.

One of us is eating a giant fucking crow on June 16th then.

hiryu64

Supposedly most of the major projects have already been switched to the future console.

The Wii U isn't completely dead but the life support machine has been unplugged and it's dieing peacefully over the next 12 months.

[citation needed]

Although truthfully, I'd be okay with them pulling an original Xbox/GameCube on the Wii U and just unceremoniously dropping it after four years. The Gamepad was a poor idea to center a console around, and thing is dead outside of Nintendo and a rare few third party efforts. Sure, it might not inspire confidence in the NX, but I'd rather see them double down on a new effort and abandon a sinking ship than continue to ride Wii U's rotting corpse. I love Nintendo, but I really want them to put the old girl out to pasture.

TomShoe

Banned
Yes it sucks, I love my Wii U, but Nintendo should just expand collabs and internal studios to pump more games, love most of their games.

I like to buy CoD games when very cheap for the SP and some MP, not going to change that.

lol "dead". Not quite.

... Nintendo?

LOL Nintendo has been pumping out the best games this generation on wii u and continues to do so

Because Wii treyarch team made the best controls on consoles. Not only have they supported dual analog, but they supported wiimote controls also. Sluggish dual analog with aim assist can't compare to wiimotion IR controls imho.

On to Devil's Third..

I didn't know Nintendo also gave up on it :<

It's dead guys. First party support is the only thing keeping the body from rotting nowadays. Third party support has been abandoned a long time ago, and there's no one to blame but Nintendo for that.

Everyone who thinks that Nintendo hasn't given up on the Wii U, why hasn't the Wii U gotten a price drop in years? Why are there less and less games coming out every year? Because Nintendo, although they won't admit it, has tacitly understood that, aside from practically giving them away, nothing they can do is going to keep the Wii U from being a spectacular failure many times worse than the Gamecube. Their plan for the Wii U right now is to maintain profitability with console sales while they ride out the end of this generation en route to NX, hence why Wii U's are still $249+. NX is still to far away for them to stop making games for Wii U. Console sales will tank even further if they make it obvious, like Sony did with the Vita.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii U, but there's no saving it from the abyss. I expect we'll be hearing a whole lot more about NX in 2016-7 once Nintendo gives the Wii U the quick death it deserves.

People are actually shocked by no Wii U version?

Let me spell it out for you. Third parties have completely given up on Nintendo. Every. Single. One.

kiguel182

They are treating COD as Fifa pretty much.

Still, last year's version was cross gen and it did not seemed held back at all by the old consoles.

Still,cutting the chord and seeing big leaps forward would also be nice.

CHC

They're clinging hard here. It's not like the first Modern Warfare came out for fucking PS2, and the timeframe is about the same here (actually, this is an even longer gap). All this really says is "we haven't made any meaningful progress in terms of designing these games."

Like they would ignore the PS3-360 active userbase haha. Wiiu was always an awkward expedition for most publishers I guess but they learned.

Their plan for the Wii U right now is to maintain profitability with console sales while they ride out the end of this generation en route to NX, hence why Wii U's are still $249+. NX is still to far away for them to stop making games for Wii U.

Okay, so your definition of "dead" and "given up on it" is just confusingly different to most peoples understanding of the terms.

shanafan

Maybe the Wii U might get a Nintendo-specific COD title? Sort of like how Wii got Modern Warfare Reflex Edition.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hey all right. Played Advance warfare on PS3 and was fairly impressed with last-gen Spacey.

I'm OK with this.

Top Bottom