• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway Unfolded: Special Edition Unveiled

KORNdoggy

Tearaway_PlushM_Pho1.jpg

That's what kids' nightmares are made of. One of the ugliest plushies I've seen.

jesus, if that's all it takes for kids to have nightmares these days then i fear for the future :/

weekev

Banned
Just seen that too.
Anyway it's strange to list it like that instead of Portugal and Spain.
Sorry for the confusion.
No need to apologise, agreed its a weird way of wording it.

I reckon this will come to UK but will be in negotiations with Game about exclusivity.

Circinus

Cute. ^.^

Edit: and the countries seem like they're the main SCEE regions, don't know why people are finding it so weird. Weird that there's no UK though.

Mikeside

Cute. ^.^

Edit: and the countries seem like they're the main SCEE regions, don't know why people are finding it so weird. Weird that there's no UK though.

feels like UK, Germany, Italy and Spain would be big regions for SCEE

edit: derp, Spain is part of Iberia

SerTapTap

Cute. ^.^

Any list of countries without at least one of Japan, US and UK is puzzling, not having Germany and Italy is extra puzzling for a european release.

Ogawa-san

It's kind of weird to have so much exclusive ingame content when you could make them yourself with the companion app and a bit of skill.

I wish the soundtrack was a preorder/first week bonus like in the first game though...

Not Atoi and not available in England? bugger

I'm so getting the train to Guildford and shaking my fist through the window of wherever their office is.
(I'm not)

VertPin

Didn't play it on Vita, hopefully someone may answer this question for me.

Is this the same game? Or a totally new one?

oggob

Available exclusively for only $900AUS from EB Games Australia...

Amazingly, this has somehow been snatched by Target... Whilst it's not on their site at the moment, when the recent Toy Sale was on, it was advertised...

That catalogue isn't on the site either, but I found this...

LINK - https://www.catalogueau.com/target/target-catalogue-greatest-toy-sale-on-earth-july-2015/71/
LINK to image - https://catalogueau-null12.netdna-s...e-greatest-toy-sale-on-earth-july-2015/71.jpg

FrsDvl

Damn you media molecule. Iota and Sack Boy are my daughters favorite characters, I missed out on the sack boy with LBP3 unfortunately, and now I can't get an Iota for her either. Booo

Lijik

Not coming in the US will make knowing that id probably have to pass it up like i did the LBP3 special edition sting a little less

Amazingly, this has somehow been snatched by Target... Whilst it's not on their site at the moment, when the recent Toy Sale was on, it was advertised...

That catalogue isn't on the site either, but I found this...

LINK - https://www.catalogueau.com/target/target-catalogue-greatest-toy-sale-on-earth-july-2015/71/
LINK to image - https://catalogueau-null12.netdna-s...e-greatest-toy-sale-on-earth-july-2015/71.jpg
I trust Target a lot more than EB Games with prices so this is a blessing lol. EB Games would have sold this for $100+. (And I'm still pissed digital is $55 while EB is selling physical for $70)

sector4

Daww that's pretty cute. If you're in Australia I think it's limited to Target only. I've got a pre-order there for when it comes out, it's $79 so $10 more than EB and JB are charging for the standard edition. Also Target don't have systems for pre-order, you have to sign up as a lay-buy customer, and it's treated as a lay-buy that you pick up on release day.

Harusame

Even though I played the first game on the Vita, I'm quite happy this game is on the PS4 instead. Iota looks like a nice plush to acquire.

Jigorath

Banned
That looks adorable, I think I'll pick it-

The Special Edition will be available in the following regions: Australia and New Zealand, France, Iberia, Benelux, Norway, Middle East, South Africa.

Oh.

Continue being useless SCEA.

Circinus

It's somewhere in between the same game and a totally new one.

You could call it a light sequel tailored for PS4, but with some (if not most) of the levels/worlds/characters/design/story taken over from the PS Vita Tearaway.

But there will be 50% of new content. (or was it 50% of the game will be new content?)

I'd call it an exanded adaptation or a 1.5 sequel.

Calling it a 'port' or a 'remaster', wouldn't be doing the game justice, since there are new gameplay elements and new content.

impact

Banned

Honestly should be a way better game on PS4 if they focus on platforming rather than using all the tools on the Vita.

The levels that did focus on platforming in the Vita game were by far the best levels in the game, but there weren't enough. Hope this gets the love it deserves on PS4 :)

Top Bottom