• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Degen

oh, not just good. the best. literally.

comrade

Join "Elite Anti-Williams TTT2 GAF Team Starring Degen" (name not final) and know the realest victory that you have ever known

& free beer

Degen

fought a Julia on Ranked that was 59-7

destroyed him the first round and he immediately disconnected. well, that explains it. lol

Degen

boutdown is learning his way around my jaguar gimmicks and I don't like it.

edit: Law's kick did like 50% damage with rage mode

AAK

BTW... if you guys wanna know why I was so pissed off when I made this comment:

Sometimes... I think I'm a pathetic human being. Take it from me guys, don't always go for perfection. I tried to makes some small detail look cool... I end up spending 10 hours trying to figure it out.

I guess the moral of the story is, be normal and don't be obsessive. You only hurt yourself.

It was when I was trying to make these:

rogerjr-ttt2-junny.jpg
lili-ttt2-junny.jpg
miguel-ttt2-junny.jpg

into these:

I guess I could say I succeeded.... dunno if the stress was worth it.

Sayah

^^^^
Aw, damn. You should have just asked me to do that AAK. Doesn't take very long to do in Fireworks. I can see how it would have been frustrating otherwise, though.

AAK

It was mainly the fact that I had to draw those stupid limbs covered by the logo by hand.... Last time I drew something was probably in like the 5th or 6th grade. And even then that was on paper LOL.

Sayah

Wow, didn't even notice that the limbs were redrawn. How did you even manage to do that? Wow. Really amazing job.

AAK

Wow, didn't even notice that the limbs were redrawn. How did you even manage to do that? Wow. Really amazing job.

Me, my mouse, and like 10 hours of trial and error... sigh. And yeah... I was too lazy to figure out how to get Photoshop or Illustrator to work on my compute so I just used GIMP. Regardless, I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

But yeah, I still had help, Sayah did the writeup for WTF and CcrooK did the writeup for the offline modes.

Sayah

Me, my mouse, and like 10 hours of trial and error... sigh. And yeah... I was too lazy to figure out how to get Photoshop or Illustrator to work on my compute so I just used GIMP. Regardless, I learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

But yeah, I still had help, Sayah did the writeup for WTF and CcrooK did the writeup for the offline modes.

That's dedication right there. Don't feel bad about it. Feel proud of it. :p

DEATH™

Me, my mouse, and like 10 hours of trial and error... sigh. And yeah... I was too lazy to figure out how to get Photoshop or Illustrator to work on my compute so I just used GIMP. Regardless, I learned my lesson. GOTTA DO IT AGAIN.

Fixed...

It's always like that bro... but when you get the hang of doing image editing, that frustration will turn to pleasure... Just like when we got our first ever awesome competitive win at Tekken when we thought we're still scrubs... We can't go back... Same thing in image editing bro... Don't give up...

Now I gotta buy a wacom... but I still need a fightstick... and a guitar... and a bass... and books... aaarrrgh...

Pachimari

I seriously wanna be one of the best Tekken players in the Nordic countries and I know it'll take an insane amount of dedication and time to become so and it probably wont happen with TTT2.

At the time I don't care much about which character I'll be maining, I just wanna practice the very basics like movement, dashing, throw breaks, get ups etc. and I really want a partner in practice, someone who knows this stuff, kind of a veteran.

Even the veterans were trained by good people.

GrayFoxPL

I seriously wanna be one of the best Tekken players in the Nordic countries and I know it'll take an insane amount of dedication and time to become so and it probably wont happen with TTT2.

At the time I don't care much about which character I'll be maining, I just wanna practice the very basics like movement, dashing, throw breaks, get ups etc. and I really want a partner in practice, someone who knows this stuff, kind of a veteran.

Even the veterans were trained by good people.

That's quite an aim. Scandinavians are considered best at Tekken after Asian killers.

We must play finally. I'm very mediocre. Be afraid of Doomshine though. I win maybe 5 on 20 fights with him when he's feeling sick or something. ;)

Pachimari

Yeah but I'm always ambitious with anything I do. As a start, I just want to see some progress.

I like your beginner's guide AAK, I wrote a news story about it at the publishing site I work for: Gamers Globe.

Can't wait for the promotional copy now.

Pachimari

Yup. I really need practice.

I'm mainly practicing movement at the moment but I feel like I can do backlash canceling better with an arcade stick than the dpad. I also practice get ups and launchers but I'm no good at juggling or throw breaking.

CSX

Off the top of my head...

ff3
CH 4 (depends on the character)
CH b3
CH EWHF

I might be forgetting something, but I think that's it.

EDIT: I sent you a message on PSN, not sure if you saw it.

CH db4

CH f4 if you can time your running and b21 correctly. Slightly easier to do in tag2 though

CSX

im getting nervous about my internet being fast enough for tag 2. I played good matches back during DRO and 6. Lot less in 6 though.

I really want to play someone thats far away with little to no lag.

Pachimari

Thank you guys, I'm really gonna look into it all.

I'm trying to write down around 10 attacks for Jin and other characters I find who suit me, to get an overview of it all without being overwhelmed.

danmaku

I'm trying to write down around 10 attacks for Jin and other characters I find who suit me, to get an overview of it all without being overwhelmed.

The LUYG app had a short list of "core moves" for every character, very useful. I hope to see someting similar for TTT2.

GrayFoxPL

Jin has probably the least moves of all characters so it's better to know them all by heart. He needs them all or else he becomes more predictable then Paul.

In Tag 2 they gave him much needed upgrade - after b+3 (knee) or f+4 kick push df to transition into stance that is like b+1 but slides forward and new attack from that stance 1+2 double juggling punch used in tag combos.

It is awesome I look forward to upgraded Jin.

Pachimari

Jin has probably the least moves of all characters so it's better to know them all by heart. He needs them all or else he becomes more predictable then Paul.

In Tag 2 they gave him much needed upgrade - after b+3 (knee) or f+4 kick push df to transition into stance that is like b+1 but slides forward and new attack from that stance 1+2 double juggling punch used in tag combos.

It is awesome I look forward to upgraded Jin.
Sounds very interesting.

But yeah, for now I'm reading the character forum on TZ where they list their top 10 moves.

I really need to separate the moves into categories like poking, launchers etc and learn a few of them as a start to have an overview of it all.

I find WS+2 a bit hard at the moment but I'm practicing the timing right now. I guess it's a safer launcher than lets say d+3+4 or f, d/f, 1.

GrayFoxPL

Sounds very interesting.

But yeah, for now I'm reading the character forum on TZ where they list their top 10 moves.

I really need to separate the moves into categories like poking, launchers etc and learn a few of them as a start to have an overview of it all.

I find WS+2 a bit hard at the moment but I'm practicing the timing right now. I guess it's a safer launcher than lets say d+3+4 or f, d/f, 1.

df+2 is a good launcher too.

Hopkick(uf+4) is his basic launcher too. The problem with it it doesn't launch on normal hit - then you have to immediately follow with b+2,1 to juggle. On CH it launches and if you follow with b+2,1 too fast it'll probably miss.

ws+2 is the best though.

Learn to pressure with 1,3~3 then add df+3 for additional kick that will stun inpatient opponents.

3,1 is one of his best options. 3,1,4 is super damaging string but 4 can be blocked low. If opponent blocks or parries it do just 3,1 (here opponents who anticipate 4 will duck) and do hopkick or other mid. Mix up so opponent can't anticipate if you go mid or low.

I have weak reaction on lag so with Jin I do those basic juggles:

launcher: 3,1 1,3~3 (bound)

after bound: dash 3,1 f+4 (misses often but wall carries)
dash db+2,2,3
dash b+2,1 for wall carry
dash b,f+2,1,2 (delay last hit)

Problem with b,f+2,1,2 is that, at least for me, the input doesn't register right in critical situations and you get useless f+2 that ruins your combo. I hate when that happens.

But if you're 100% sure it will come out right then replace 3,1 with b,f+2,1 in juggles.

So launcher then b,f+2,1 1,3~3(bound)

On high launches you can do b,f+2,1 twice before bounding but if you can do that on T6 online you're very good. Thankfully reports on tag2 online say it's much better so I better not be missing juggles this time.

Top Bottom