• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

CSX

Going to arcadeufo tomorrow. Friend is offering a spot on his car. Wish me luck

Please because I don't want to lose all my money playing against someone who's 10X better than me X_X

Throavium

GrayFoxPL

yeah and they did a big update on the netcode some months after release but it's still nothing to write home about. Online and offline Tekken can be a whole different game with different rules :D

What are you talking about? Patch came exactly 1 month after release and was pretty big upgrade in terms of input lag and smoothness. Slowdown was removed as was Raven glitch that caused disconnects.

Online plays great for me, last few months better then ever. Even hard juggles connect on bar 3.

GrayFoxPL

This is pretty much the greatest thing since peanut butter met jelly.

Harada coming through the window made me LOL IRL.

Looks like Jun isn't in this? :(

Pass.

That's old vid. Not much is known about the game still.
It's outsourced, has no walls(?) and young Hei is in.

If he's in probably Jun is in too.

zlatko

Banned
Hmmm well the only way I'd be able to apply anything I'm learning is online. Is it worth the 20 bucks (lot of money IMO if the online is dog shit) to invest to learn, or just wait for TTT2 and go from there?

Skilletor

That's old vid. Not much is known about the game still.
It's outsourced, has no walls(?) and young Hei is in.

If he's in probably Jun is in too.

I hope so, but seems like New Hei would be in for the same reason he's not Old Hei in TTT2. Have we seen any TTT2 moves in any of the vids?

GrayFoxPL

Hmmm well the only way I'd be able to apply anything I'm learning is online. Is it worth the 20 bucks (lot of money IMO if the online is dog shit) to invest to learn, or just wait for TTT2 and go from there?

Yeah it's worth it. It will take you many months to learn the characters.

CSX

Just came back from ArcadeUFO. Apparently all the pros come out during saturday and sunday so I missed out :p I managed to scare everyone off the machine. I feel so bad especially since there was a guy waiting for me to get off the machine so he can try out Jun. I beat him 3 or 4 times.

Guy working the arcade told me some interesting things.

1. US arcade release of Tekken Tag 2 is basically green litted. We are just waiting for some guy at Namco to press the Launch Button.

2. The reason why New York was scrapped off the location testing was cuz namco saw the cabinets the arcade used and went "No way in hell our glorious Tag 2 is running on that"

3. Namco did not allow arcadeUFO to set the rounds to best 3 of 5. Set to default 2 of 3.

4. Tekken machine with pad ports = increased business. He said when they got Tekken 6, only 3-4 people played it. After they installed pad ports, about 15 regulars played it.

I found my dream team, Miguel and Heihachi.

Miguels f2+3 so guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

Heihachi's db2 is so op. I will take a CH db2 over a hellsweep anytime. CH db2 looks like it can take close to 20% life.

I tried out Jun too. I was picking up a lot of things fast, probably because her movelist is short. However while i was praticing, i remembered why i didnt pick up asuka (keep on doing f1 instead of f1+4). Dat ff3 so guuuud though

Jun has unique dialouge for her pre fight intro when she's pair up with Jin. She askes him "Have you forgotten my teachings?"

Some random stuff I'm going to type out. Will edit as I remember them

1. Miguel and Heihachi combo
(Mig) uf4 ; df1 ; df41~f ; SAV2 !TA (Hei) cd44n1 (Mig) d1+2

2. Heihachi and Miguel combo
(Hei) EWGF x 2 d1 !TA (mig) 3+4, SAV121 (Hei) uf3,4

3. TA wall combos for heihachi and miguel
If miguel did the bound = (Hei) f1b24 (Mig) d1+2
If Hei did the bound (Mig) df411 (Hei) df12

4. if you are playing DVJ and Jin, doing bf2,1,df2 and then b21 for TA = most amazing wallcarry ever

5. doing Drag's f3~df is a pain in the ass.

EDIT

6. Best combo i got for jin and jun

launcher, bf21 ; f13~3 !TA (Jun) b214 (Jin) run up and EWHF

7. Unknown has the most powerful BITCH SLAP IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES

4. if you are playing DVJ and Jin, doing bf2,1,df2 and then b21 for TA = most amazing wallcarry ever

Even better is laser cannon tag into DVJ's up lasers. Or any tag assault buffer that lifts up for lasers like say Lars uf+3 that lets Devil Jin hit the opponent with 2 up lasers followed with an unblock able shoulder. :D

Btw you guys in US using Tekken net / paying for it? I checked my inbox a bit back and I got an e-mail from Bamco that said Tekken net will be free to use for Oceania/Asia regions. Thought it was cool that I didn't have to pay a monthly fee just to keep my customization.

EDIT: Ah its on the site, here:

http://web.tekken-net.org/tag2/news/news_detail.html?param=aWQ9MiZ0eXBlPU4=264655

【12-22】Advance announcement on free monthly fee.
Advance announcement on free monthly fee of TEKKEN-NET in the Asia and Oceania Region.

Thank you very much for using "TEKKEN-NET".
We are pleased to inform you that we have decided to make the charge for the site access rights for the "TEKKEN-NET" FREE, in response to many players' requests. This change will be valid from the following date.
The players who have paid the charge before this date, the charge will be refunded to the credit card used for payment.
*Those players do not need to complete any application for refund.
*The methods of refund differ depending on the credit card company.

【The date of change to free site access rights】
DATE: December, 27, 2011 Tuesday,
TIME: After the maintenance time. (This schedule may change)

【The period of closing for new registration】
DATE: From December 22nd to 27th, until the end of the maintenance time.
(This schedule may change)

MightyKAC

4. Tekken machine with pad ports = increased business. He said when they got Tekken 6, only 3-4 people played it. After they installed pad ports, about 15 regulars played it.

This shit should have been a standard in ALL fighting game cabinets a looong time ago.

I know that there were reports of this having some amount of input lag, but fucking really, that shit should NOT be that hard to tune correctly and eliminate. And as stated above, it would open up SOOOOO much of the community to arcade play since many of the players are online warriors who can't afford a decent stick and play on pad instead.

I'm usually not one to bitch about these things but if Namco can add in a fucking close proximity ID card scanner into all its TTT2 cabs as a standard then they can install 2 FUCKING USB ports!!!! D:

/rant

CSX

I know that there were reports of this having some amount of input lag

I can kinda semi confirm that. Playing through those pad ports felt different from playing on my ps3 through a ps2 controller + pelican converter.

i was missing Miguel's df22 for bound when i mess up on transitioning to SAV and end up doing two df1s for the juggle. I have seen matches on youtube of players still landing the df22.

and for a while, i was missing alisa's basic juggle. Ended up just mashing 1 till i saw the animation lol

MightyKAC

I need to get some practice in so I don't get slaughtered at my local arcade. Is tekken hybrid worth getting for $30?

It is if you want to get a decent feel for the tag system and the few levels\characters the game provides. I'm lucky that I plan to learn Ling and Alisa so I was able to get some combo practice in and get used to the changes in the characters.

Sayah

I play vs Nina a lot. Probably one of the greatest Nina players in history. I can tell you that to, didn't even master the hayashida (named after Japanese player in Tekken 3 days), though he did make it popular in early T4 days. There were several other Nina players that were able to use it more effectively.

btw, in TTT2 you can launch punish her d/b+3 and it is easier to SS her ivory.

What? I rely on that move all the time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
[/B]
What? I rely on that move all the time.

Yeah it got nerf'd pretty bad in TTT2. It's still good, but you have to use it in conjunction with her other moves now, moreso.

1+4 doesn't force crouch on block anymore and it is easier to SS.

GrayFoxPL

I lost my youtube channel links with tag2 matches.

One was tekkenreplays, I've found it.

Other was better something in japanese "Shi..."?

Please help, both were posted here.

Throavium

Doing some browsing, the evolution in character design is astounding, and they basically keep some of the same costumes.

380px-HeihachiT1.JPG

600px-Heihachi_Mishima_-_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2.jpg

Marshall%28T2%293.jpg

Marshall_Law_-_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2.jpg

Marshall_Law_-_Player_Two_Costume_-_Tekken_1.jpg

Marshall_Law_-_In-game_Appearance_-_TTT2.jpg

416px-LeeT1.JPG

345px-Lee_Chaolan_-_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2.jpg

Sad thing is, you could have taken shots or art from T5 and get the same results with the exception of young Hei.

Now if TT2 did feature throwback skins, that'd be sweet. T2 or T3 Yoshi, Yellow jumpsuit Law, T4 Paul, etc.

Sayah

Yeah it got nerf'd pretty bad in TTT2. It's still good, but you have to use it in conjunction with her other moves now, moreso.

1+4 doesn't force crouch on block anymore and it is easier to SS.

Damn. Gonna hope some of her new moves are useful instead.
And did she get a new bound move in TTT2 (I hope)? In the gameplay vids, I still see people just using the 1+4. That's the one thing she lacked in T6. Her only bound move is the ivory cutter. She needs more.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot about her u/f + 2, 2 move, lol.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Damn. Gonna hope some of her new moves are useful instead.
And did she get a new bound move in TTT2 (I hope)? In the gameplay vids, I still see people just using the 1+4. That's the one thing she lacked in T6. Her only bound move is the ivory cutter. She needs more.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot about her u/f + 2, 2 move, lol.

What's u/f+2,2? I know u/f+2,1 bounds, and it has since T6.

Sayah

What's u/f+2,2? I know u/f+2,1 bounds, and it has since T6.

I meant u/f+2,1. I'm always getting stuff mixed up.

In any case, I practiced with Zafina and Dragunov recently and they both have around 5 moves that can bound which leads to multiple combo opportunities for them. Just hoping Nina gets at least one other bound move in Tag 2 besides the two she already has.

Sayah

Sad that character design hasn't changed since '04?

Changes here and there from 1-5 ranged from slight to drastic with clothing, styles and age. 5 on have been nadda with the exception of Yoshi and a jacket or two on others. And Julia.

Why does that matter when probably no other fighter in the market right now offers as many customization options as Tekken 6 (without the charge of DLC at that)? Sorry I disagree but I'm fine with characters appearing in the same costumes. It's sort of their iconic look now which I'm sure will probably still be changed along in the future. I don't intend to sound rude but it's like complaining about Link always appearing in his green tunic. Things like that should be of little concern imo in the large scheme of things. Plus, there's the 2P outfits which are always different for each game. You have the option of using those instead.

Why does that matter when probably no other fighter in the market right now offers as many customization options as Tekken 6 (without the charge of DLC at that)? Sorry I disagree but I'm fine with characters appearing in the same costumes. It's sort of their iconic look now which I'm sure will probably still be changed along in the future. I don't intend to sound rude but it's like complaining about Link always appearing in his green tunic. Things like that should be of little concern imo in the large scheme of things. Plus, there's the 2P outfits which are always different for each game. You have the option of using those instead.
I completely understand why some people don't care about such a small thing. It's just that, for me, it seems more like a new iteration when I see new looks where others only care about new mechanics or gimmicks.

I loathe customization btw. Most of it is such bad design or tries to be humorous.

T5-TTT2's CG/character artwork is nigh indistinguishable aside from poses which is sad since I own many Tekken art books and saw how numerous and varied the art was up until then. That is what gets me.

Dammit, why does the games seem to ditch the older customization as the series progresses. I miss some of my T5 DR gear. :/

Is there a transcript of what Iwata said when he introduced Tekken 3D. I could have sworn I heard something about 49 characters.

I don't think they ever did say anything about Tekken 3D other than reveals and videos. Like the movie, cards, touchscreens and trophies was it? I'm pretty much expecting the roster to be the same as T6:BR but with some minor updates. So T6BR+ really.

EDIT: Oh the recent Nintendo broadcast. Well Andriasang just has it that they said it will have a large cast. But T6BR sorta already has that so it just might be a reused selling point.

EDIT: Oh the recent Nintendo broadcast. Well Andriasang just has it that they said it will have a large cast. But T6BR sorta already has that so it just might be a reused selling point.
Yeah my mistake. It seems like it'll have everyone from T6BR. I'm hoping for a couple of the TTT2 characters as well, like Jun and Jinpachi.

Top Bottom