• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

I find it to be more fitting as a bound move than some of the others.

Well it still makes more sense than Bryan's low sweep to a jumping Kick thing. Or the Bajillion halberds Baek can throw at you.

AAK

Mishimas and Lars are probably going to be top tier. Not sure about others yet.

Agreed. Based on the vids I watched and things I've read It would probably be 1) Lars 2) Heihachi 3) Kazuya 4) Devil Jin 5) Jinpachi followed by Hwoarang being pretty high up in the Mishima League only by having probably the best Tag Assault filler discovered in the game so far. ;)

And then I saw this on Harada's twitter and it made me laugh:

the_adventures_of_harada_san_by_kicky-d3i8ek6.jpg

Throavium

Why does that matter when probably no other fighter in the market right now offers as many customization options as Tekken 6 (without the charge of DLC at that)? Sorry I disagree but I'm fine with characters appearing in the same costumes. It's sort of their iconic look now which I'm sure will probably still be changed along in the future. I don't intend to sound rude but it's like complaining about Link always appearing in his green tunic. Things like that should be of little concern imo in the large scheme of things. Plus, there's the 2P outfits which are always different for each game. You have the option of using those instead.
I'm more concerned with the complete lack of costumes in Tekken 6. If they introduced certain costumes in Tekken 2, 3, and 4, and never bring them to Tekken 6, that's a waste of costumes. Everyone in Tekken 6 should have two modern costumes, and two more costumes that are remastered iterations of their costumes from past games. For instance, Law no longer has his Orange ji, or the worker costume from Tekken 5.

GrayFoxPL

I'm more concerned with the complete lack of costumes in Tekken 6. If they introduced certain costumes in Tekken 2, 3, and 4, and never bring them to Tekken 6, that's a waste of costumes. Everyone in Tekken 6 should have two modern costumes, and two more costumes that are remastered iterations of their costumes from past games. For instance, Law no longer has his Orange ji, or the worker costume from Tekken 5.

How is it a waste of costumes? It's not like they can reuse them, they'd have to be build from the ground up with the new engine.

T4 had the best costumes that made sense, but they dropped it after fans whined about "iconic" costumes. I don't know about others but Kazuya's "Dracula" suit looked plain retarded since T5. In T4 his P2 costume was simple and modern. Lei had awesome leather jacket and Hwoarang military suit, but noooooooooooo we have to get old ass T3 costumes from 1998.

Sayah

I completely understand why some people don't care about such a small thing. It's just that, for me, it seems more like a new iteration when I see new looks where others only care about new mechanics or gimmicks.

I loathe customization btw. Most of it is such bad design or tries to be humorous.

T5-TTT2's CG/character artwork is nigh indistinguishable aside from poses which is sad since I own many Tekken art books and saw how numerous and varied the art was up until then. That is what gets me.

Hey, I have great customizing done for Nina, Anna, and Ling, lol.

I haven't owned any Tekken artbooks so I'm not sure what they incorporate. If they are the same character costumes in different poses, then I can see why you or anyone would have a problem with that. Within the actual games themselves, however, I think there are far too many costume options for that to be an issue.

Sayah

But thankfully, Tag 2 will have four different customization slots available for one character. Pretty sure Tag 2 is going to be jam packed as Namco has claimed it to be the most content heavy Tekken game yet.

How is it a waste of costumes? It's not like they can reuse them, they'd have to be build from the ground up with the new engine.

T4 had the best costumes that made sense, but they dropped it after fans whined about "iconic" costumes. I don't know about others but Kazuya's "Dracula" suit looked plain retarded since T5. In T4 his P2 costume was simple and modern. Lei had awesome leather jacket and Hwoarang military suit, but noooooooooooo we have to get old ass T3 costumes from 1998.

Man, T4 costumes where damn good. I love Paul's Jeans and black shirt with the hair down.

Sayah

Why are the Mishimas so damn powerful? It's irritating to have to face those three fast and consecutive punches (especially from Heihachi). Then, Heihachi also has those two flying kicks. I tried ducking and sidestepping the kicks. Doesn't work. The worst part is that they can be followed up with a wide assortment of attacks since the opposing character is in a stun state (while blocking).

It's also silly that the Mishimas can do some launchers on block and not get punished and I do just one u/f+2 launcher and those three fast punches they have are capable of punishing that.

I'm horrible with knowing move names but my references should make sense.

Caj814

Well with the SC5 reveal earlier, it seems like Harada himself is part of the Mishima bloodline. So of course he's gonna be a bit biased with balancing :)
erSJm.jpg

8Jw4H.jpg

Doomshine

I'm fine with Mishimas being good since they actually require you to put some work in.

I assume you mean 1,1,2 with the three fast punches, yeah it's a good 10 frame punisher, but it's also launch punishable on block.

Electrics are also really good, but they require execution and are high so you can't really spam them all day.

I feel like it's fairly balanced. I have way more issues with safe d/f+2 launchers.

Also, best Bogus Journeys yet:

http://youtu.be/lVZdOTJCnFA

Huh a 'Allegiance' chart popped up over at TZ.

Not posting it here because LOLSCANS though, so here is whats on it. It shows the bias in Character relations and Netsu activation. So If you pair X with Y and they're 1+, it'll take less hits to activate netsu for the team. Whereas 2- means it'll take a bit more hits to activate netsu. Thanks to Mokujin Man and Noodalls for this stuff.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4475906#post4475906 said:
Paul
Likes (+1): Law, Bryan, Kazuya, Steve
Dislikes (-1): Kuma
Hates (-2): Ogre

Law
Likes (+1): Paul, Yoshimitsu, Steve
Dislikes (-1): Ogre
Hates (-2): Baek, Lili

Lei
Likes (+1): Steve, Mokujin, Wang, Asuka
Dislikes (-1): Nina, Bruce, Feng, Ogre
Hates (-2): Kazuya

King
Likes (+1): Jaycee, Marduk, Armor King
Dislikes (-1):

Yoshimitsu
Likes (+1): Roger Jr, Alisa
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Bryan, Ogre

Nina
Likes (+1): Jin, Eddy
Dislikes (-1): Lei, Christie, Steve, Lars
Hates (-2): Anna, Ogre

Hwoarang
Likes (+1): Jin, Baek
Hates (-2): Devil Jin

Xiaoyu
Likes (+1): Jin, Heihachi, Lee, Wang, Alisa, Panda
Dislikes (-1): Anna, Asuka, Lili, Ogre
Hates (-2):

Christie
Likes (+1):
Hates (-2): Jin, Kazuya, Eddy

Jin
Likes (+1): Nina
Dislikes (-1): Xiaoyu, Christie, Lee, Jack-6, Anna, Bruce, Raven, Jun
Hates (-2): Lei, Heihachi, Kazuya, Devil Jin, Zafina, Lars, Alisa, Jinpachi, Ogre

Jaycee
Likes (+1): King, Marduk, Armor King
Hates (-2): Heihachi, Ganryu

Kuma
Likes (+1): King, Heihachi, Mokujin, Roger Jr, Armor King, Panda
Dislikes (-1): Paul, Ogre
Hates (-2): Xiaoyu, Jin

Bryan
Likes (+1): Dragunov
Dislikes (-1): Jack-6, Alisa, Ogre
Hates (-2): Lei, Yoshimitsu, Heihachi

Heihachi
Likes (+1): Xiaoyu, Kuma, Panda
Dislikes (-1): Yoshimitsu, Steve, Jun
Hates (-2): Jin, Kazuya, Lee, Jack-6, Wang, Devil Jin, Jinpachi, Ogre

Kazuya
Likes (+1):
Dislikes (-1): Raven, Eddy
Hates (-2): Lei, Nina, Jin, Heihachi, Lee, Wang, Devil Jin, Zafina, Leo, Lars, Ogre, Jun

Lee
Likes (+1): Wang, Lili, Lars, Alisa
Hates (-2): Heihachi, Kazuya

Steve
Likes (+1): Paul, Law, Lei, Nina
Hates (-2): Jin, Heihachi

Marduk
Likes (+1): King, Jaycee
Hates (-2): Roger Jr, Armor King

Mokujin
Likes (+1): Jaycee, Kuma, Roger Jr, Panda
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Jin, Kazuya, Devil Jin, Alisa, Jinpachi, Ogre, Jun

Jack-6
Likes (+1): Kazuya, Anna, Bruce
Dislikes (-1): Nina, Eddy, Lars, Alisa, Ogre
Hates (-2): Jin, Raven

Roger Jr.
Likes (+1): King, Yoshimitsu, Kuma, Steve, Mokujin, Armor King, Panda
Hates (-2):

Anna
Likes (+1): Kazuya, Bruce
Dislikes (-1): Jin, Eddy, Lars, Ogre
Hates (-2): Nina

Wang
Likes (+1): Xiaoyu, Feng, Jinpachi, Jun
Hates (-2): Jin, Heihachi, Kazuya, Devil Jin

Ganryu
Likes (+1): Jaycee, Devil Jin
Dislikes (-1): Lili, Bob, Ogre
Hates (-2):

Asuka
Likes (+1): Lei, Bob, Miguel, Leo
Dislikes (-1): Alisa, Ogre
Hates (-2): Jin, Feng, Lili

Bruce
Likes (+1): Kazuya, Anna
Dislikes (-1): Lei, Nina, Jin, Lars, Ogre
Hates (-2):

Baek
Likes (+1): Hwoarang
Dislikes (-1): Jin

Devil Jin
Likes (+1):
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Heihachi, Kazuya, Asuka, Dragunov, Zafina, Ogre, Jun

Raven
Likes (+1): Zafina
Dislikes (-1): Jin, Kazuya, Alisa, Ogre
Hates (-2): Yoshimitsu, Heihachi, Dragunov

Feng
Likes (+1): Law, Wang, Jinpachi
Dislikes (-1): Lei, Ogre
Hates (-2): Heihachi

Armor King
Likes (+1): King, Jaycee
Hates (-2): Marduk

Lili
Likes (+1): Kuma, Ganryu, Asuka, Leo
Hates (-2): Nina, Jin, Heihachi, Kazuya, Eddy, Lars, Alisa, Jinpachi, Jun

Dragunov
Likes (+1): Jack-6, Devil Jin
Hates (-2): Nina, Jin, Raven, Eddy, Lars

Eddy
Likes (+1): Nina, Christie, Jin
Dislikes (-1): Lars, Ogre

Bob
Likes (+1): Paul, Law, Jin, Ganryu, Miguel
Dislikes (-1): Steve, Ogre
Hates (-2):

Zafina
Likes (+1): Wang, Raven
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Jin, Kazuya, Devil Jin, Jinpachi, Ogre, Jun

Miguel
Likes (+1): Kuma, Roger Jr, Panda
Hates (-2): Nina, Jin, Eddy, Bob, Lars,

Leo
Likes (+1): Xiaoyu, Jaycee, Wang, Asuka, Feng, Lili
Dislikes (-1): Jack-6, Anna, Bruce, Ogre

Lars
Likes (+1): Lee, Wang, Raven, Zafina, Alisa
Hates (-2): Jin, Heihachi, Kazuya

Alisa
Likes (+1): Yoshimitsu, Jin, Lee, Jack-6, Raven, Zafina, Lars
Dislikes (-1): Xiaoyu, Ogre
Hates (-2): Bryan

Jinpachi
Likes (+1): Kazuya, Wang
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Heihachi, Devil Jin, Ogre

Ogre
Likes (+1):
Dislikes (-1): Paul, Yoshimitsu
Hates (-2): Jin, Zafina, Jun

Jun
Likes (+1): Jin, Kuma, Roger Jr, Asuka, Panda
Dislikes (-1):
Hates (-2): Heihachi, Devil Jin, Ogre

Panda
Likes (+1): King, Xiaoyu, Jaycee, Lee, Mokujin, Roger Jr, Wang, Armor King, Alisa
Hates (-2): Kuma

AAK

Why are the Mishimas so damn powerful? It's irritating to have to face those three fast and consecutive punches (especially from Heihachi). Then, Heihachi also has those two flying kicks. I tried ducking and sidestepping the kicks. Doesn't work. The worst part is that they can be followed up with a wide assortment of attacks since the opposing character is in a stun state (while blocking).

It's also silly that the Mishimas can do some launchers on block and not get punished and I do just one u/f+2 launcher and those three fast punches they have are capable of punishing that.

I'm horrible with knowing move names but my references should make sense.

Remember, those jabs are high... Nina's got A LOT of high crush moves that'll own them like SS+4, d+1, d+2, d+3,2, hayashida step, qcf, etc. But most of all, if they decide to do the entire 3 string 1,1,2 or 1,2,2 then you get a free punishment. Sure it might be difficult to react to but you can definitely anticipate them and react accordingly.

As for Heihachi's u/f+3,4 they are definitely sidewalkable. They're relatively slow and can even be interrupted.

About the launcher's.... there's only the EWGF and Hei/DJin's d/f+2 that's not punishable I believe. Hei's f,f+2 might seem unpunishable but I get a free shoulder from AKing :) All of their launchers have a weakness that you can exploit.

But in the end though, when you play against one online, there's so much you have to throw out the window because the gameplan just isn't feasible with the amount of lag in online tekken.

As for the random allegiance chart, it sure brings a lot of comedy. What the heck does Paul see in Bryan?? And it looks like Julia is the only person that nobody hates. Being an environment lover has that advantage I guess :p

Doomshine said:

Everybody must see this!

noodalls

Allegiance refers to how easy it is for the second character to tag-rage. The chart is set up with current character down the left side, and partner (off screen) along the top.

e.g. When JC is getting hit, Ganryu will tag-rage earlier (+1).
When Ganryu is getting hit, JC will tag-rage later (-2).

AAK, feel free to quote me into your original post on this.

AAK

Allegiance refers to how easy it is for the second character to tag-rage. The chart is set up with current character down the left side, and partner (off screen) along the top.

e.g. When JC is getting hit, Ganryu will tag-rage earlier (+1).
When Ganryu is getting hit, JC will tag-rage later (-2).

AAK, feel free to quote me into your original post on this.

You sure about this? Something tells me there's more to it since Kazuya and Heihachi NEVER get netsu'd unless Tag Assaulted. So does the (-2) mean 2 more hits/20% more health needed to be downed/never? A little more clarity would be welcome, if you know I'd love to hear! :)

The special thing about this episode of Bogus Journey is just watching how much Aris is actually trying to win but he can't at time which makes the reactions all that more funny.

Sayah

Remember, those jabs are high... Nina's got A LOT of high crush moves that'll own them like SS+4, d+1, d+2, d+3,2, hayashida step, qcf, etc. But most of all, if they decide to do the entire 3 string 1,1,2 or 1,2,2 then you get a free punishment. Sure it might be difficult to react to but you can definitely anticipate them and react accordingly.

As for Heihachi's u/f+3,4 they are definitely sidewalkable. They're relatively slow and can even be interrupted.

About the launcher's.... there's only the EWGF and Hei/DJin's d/f+2 that's not punishable I believe. Hei's f,f+2 might seem unpunishable but I get a free shoulder from AKing :) All of their launchers have a weakness that you can exploit.

But in the end though, when you play against one online, there's so much you have to throw out the window because the gameplan just isn't feasible with the amount of lag in online tekken.

Found this on Tekken Zaibatsu and its been helpful. Just realized how many options I have in Tekken 6 practice, lol. I can go through the CPU's command list in defensive training (in my case, Heihachi) and have him do certain moves while I try to guard or punish. Can't believe I'm just learning of this feature. Plus, turning the "Hit Analysis" on allows you to see if your moves are actually hitting and punishing on time or not. Hit analysis is really great for knowing whether or not your punishers are actually working or if they would be guarded instead.

I feel like I got the 1,1,2 and d/f + 1, 2 covered against Heihachi now. Thanks for those tips. The flying kicks are still problematic, though. Once the first kick connects, then it's almost impossible to punish the second kick. There is really no punisher for that. It sucks more because it guard stuns and can be followed up with virtually anything which can leave me guessing on how to react.

Sayah

The depth in T6 is just insane. I'm realizing that even more now. So many mind games and so much thrill and stress at the same time.

Stream was a fat load of meh. >.>

Any early tier impressions? Yes, I'm a tier whore!

Well there is this thing that just popped up.

from 12/29

S - lars, kazuya, hei, dj
A - bob, julia, leo, marduk, hwoarang, ak, bryan, drag, bruce, lili, paul, lei, lee, zafina, asuka
B - law, yoshi, nina, christie, jin, jack, wang, feng, anna, jinpachi, jun, steve, king, ganryu, miguel, eddy
C - ogre, ling, raven, baek, roger, alisa, bears

noodalls

Took about an hour, but I worked out the exact damage values for tagrage.

Quick version
Damage needed for tag rage
Likes 100
Neutral 113
Dislikes 123
Hates 128

This was done using prologue. Looking at the allegiance chart

X likes A
A dislikes X
X neutral to DJ
DJ hates X

So we have all four alleigances in TTT2P.

Using known damage values
Tackle 5
uf+(4),4 14
b+1+4 36 (72,108)
Tackle&4 punches 40
1+2 48

X likes A
(CD+4,4)x4 causes tag rage (100).
(Tackle&4 punches)x2, tackle and uf+(4),4 does not cause tagrage (99)

A dislikes X
(b+1+4)x2, tackle&4punches, tacklex2 (122) does not cause tag rage
1+2, tackle&4, tacklex7 (123) causes tagrage

X neutral to DJ
(b+1+4)x2 + tackle&4 (112) does not cause tagrage
(b+1+4)x3 + tackle (113) causes tag rage

DJ hates X
(b+1+4)x2, tackle&4, tackle x3 (127) does not cause tag rage
(b+1+4)x3, tackle x 4 (128) causes tag rage.

Took about an hour, but I worked out the exact damage values for tagrage.

Quick version
Damage needed for tag rage
Likes 100
Neutral 113
Dislikes 123
Hates 128

This was done using prologue. Looking at the allegiance chart

X likes A
A dislikes X
X neutral to DJ
DJ hates X

So we have all four alleigances in TTT2P.

Using known damage values
Tackle 5
uf+(4),4 14
b+1+4 36 (72,108)
Tackle&4 punches 40
1+2 48

X likes A
(CD+4,4)x4 causes tag rage (100).
(Tackle&4 punches)x2, tackle and uf+(4),4 does not cause tagrage (99)

A dislikes X
(b+1+4)x2, tackle&4punches, tacklex2 (122) does not cause tag rage
1+2, tackle&4, tacklex7 (123) causes tagrage

X neutral to DJ
(b+1+4)x2 + tackle&4 (112) does not cause tagrage
(b+1+4)x3 + tackle (113) causes tag rage

DJ hates X
(b+1+4)x2, tackle&4, tackle x3 (127) does not cause tag rage
(b+1+4)x3, tackle x 4 (128) causes tag rage.

Nice, thanks a lot.

The allegiance list is amazing.

Miguel must be an animal lover.

XD @ Lili liking Asuka, but Asuka hating her. I wonder if Lili considers Asuka her only friend. (That would be kind of sad...) I also don't really get Asuka's likes. Just random dudes?

Also, Bob's likes??? Maybe he appreciates their different fighting styles?

Why does everyone hate Jun?

ape2man

I'm fine with Mishimas being good since they actually require you to put some work in.

I assume you mean 1,1,2 with the three fast punches, yeah it's a good 10 frame punisher, but it's also launch punishable on block.

Electrics are also really good, but they require execution and are high so you can't really spam them all day.

I feel like it's fairly balanced. I have way more issues with safe d/f+2 launchers.

funny episode but they are not really that good at tekken.

Throavium

I really like watching this show.

You see, when you play online most of that "skill" usually goes out the window.
Whenever I play online I get apprehensive and I'm afraid to attack. I forget all of my juggles and combos and rarely block anything. Offline is the total opposite.

GrayFoxPL

You see, when you play online most of that "skill" usually goes out the window.

Not true at all. I know Aries doesn't play at all online yet by 5 round he adapted very well. 2 hours more and he would own.

Though it's funny when they see juggles online and are surprised like hell. They would be totally embarrassed by ranked players online. When you adapt you can do everything.

Top Bottom