• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGS] Another Eden announced. Mitsuda & Kato (creators of Chorono Trigger) involved.

RPGCrazied

I love the premise of this, sounds cool, then I saw the screenshots. Looks terrible. How come most mobile games have to look like facebook games?

Ganondorfo

I was suspicious of this thread, because I expected the same reactions as when Final Fantasy 7 remake got announced, because the creators of one of the Gaf darling jrpg favorite should get everyone happy.

But then I saw the lack of respones and clicked on this thread and saw the screens and understood why and also I can sympathize with the dissapointment everyone is feeling now.

JordanN

Banned
I love the premise of this, sounds cool, then I saw the screenshots. Looks terrible. How come most mobile games have to look like facebook games?
I think the answer is $$$.

Mobile games don't have budgets that $60 do. The actual art teams hired as well could also be novice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Jesus this looks like shit.

And not just any shit.

GENERIC shit.

What a waste of the talent involved.

entremet

I really don't mind mobile. I have an iPad for that.

I just hope these games come here.

Fans of Japanese gaming need to really accept that mobile is a big player.

Stop complaining in every thread about a mobile project. RPGs are also some of the most touch input friendly genres, so I'm fine with them.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't understand why there seems to be a mandate on mobile games to have generic and plain graphics. It should be the perfect device for RPGs, but no one is even trying to make something good.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thx.

Translating and summarising took some time and honestly, I was confident with the content, but I guess I screwed up. Maybe should of emphasised in bold text that it was a mobile game at the top of the OP or maybe the title.

From now on, I guess I'll just create an OP, send it to some one who has experience or a mod, and ask them if they could fix any parts I screwed and post it for me =/

Your OP is fine. I wish a lot of people on this forum put in half the level of thought you did before making a thread.

Shion

I really don't mind mobile. I have an iPad for that.

I just hope these games come here.

Fans of Japanese gaming need to really accept that mobile is a big player.

Stop complaining in every thread about a mobile project. RPGs are also some of the most touch input friendly genres, so I'm fine with them.

It has nothing to do with it being a mobile project.

The game just looks bad.

Famassu

I don't understand why there seems to be a mandate on mobile games to have generic and plain graphics. It should be the perfect device for RPGs, but no one is even trying to make something good.
Good graphics don't come for free. The budgets of mobile games are small for a reason. Some bigger publisher have the money to spend on mobile games and make prettier ones, but even they usually cut corners in many noticeable ways.

Pejo

Really really disappointing artstyle. I like some of the other stuff about it though. Looks like Japanese Farmville minus the farm and adding a cat.

Thx.

Translating and summarising took some time and honestly, I was confident with the content, but I guess I screwed up. Maybe should of emphasised in bold text that it was a mobile game at the top of the OP or maybe the title.

From now on, I guess I'll just create an OP, send it to some one who has experience or a mod, and ask them if they could fix any parts I screwed and post it for me =/

You did fine creating the thread, it's just better to mention the platform in the title so people don't feel "tricked" with a super-promising sounding game that it is on phones.

Mods can always fix up titles after the fact anyway so it's nothing to worry about if you forget.

Trike

those aren't really the two I would credit as the creators of Chrono Trigger if I had to pick only a few people. Which is why how the game looks shouldn't be too shocking. Look at them, walking around and not battling on a grid like plebes.

Codeblue

I don't really mind that it's a mobile game since they said they were trying to get away from the social stuff. Hopefully they also get away from any model where I don't pay up front to experience the entire main scenario.

Those screen shots look super unappealing though.

Great work on getting this info out there, OP. Thanks.

Interestingly World of Final Fantasy has pretty much the same "chibi" artstyle, but it looks much better in 3D:

IY82Afz.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=179896762

Top Bottom