• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed

PillarEN

Da FUCK, is this running at 60fps?
I was curious about this myself. Is it the "fake 60 FPS" like in the "trumotion" and other similar TV gimmicks which seem to fester in the youtube 60FPS uploads now and then (easily viewed when someone is streaming non 60 FPS content on youtube like live sports) or was the game itself actually running at 60FPS? Cause I see those weird stutters where things slow up speed up which makes me think it's not the game actually hitting 60FPS by itself.

I was curious about this myself. Is it the "fake 60 FPS" like in the "trumotion" and other similar TV gimmicks which seem to fester in the youtube 60FPS uploads now and then (easily viewed when someone is streaming non 60 FPS content on youtube like live sports) or was the game itself actually running at 60FPS? Cause I see those weird stutters where things slow up speed up which makes me think it's not the game actually hitting 60FPS by itself.

The video being 60 allows you to see the real range of performance that you would get. Borman said it's running between 40 and 60 most of the time.

60fps videos are also really useful for 20fps content so that it doesn't look like a studdery mindmelting mess when converted to a 30fps video file.

I had no idea this even existed o_O God I would love a portable Elder Scrolls.

That isn't a card game :p
Here you go

ZcaK9dq.jpg

Alric

Would of been great if it was ported to the Vita with that extra stick. Shame, would of been a blast to play on the go.

gbland

wow zenimax just took the videos down!! But this would've been so great for the psp. I can only imagine what they could've done with the vita.

ryan13ts

Wow, they wasted no time in pulling the old copyright crap. Seriously Zenimax? It's a decade old cancelled game.

I really hope the video is hosted somewhere else, I've wanted to see what this looked like for years. I remember seeing a few pictures in EGM or Game Informers ages ago and it looked great for running on PSP.

Karuto

Did anyone happen to make a mirror? I still have the video up on a tab and it works, but no way to download it.

Englebert3rd

Unconfirmed Member
N-Gage game cases were a thing of beauty

I've got a few and they are very sturdy and their build quality is gorgeous. I wish they change the Vita cases to that style.
That game wasn't too bad, tried it on my old 6600 and it kinda felt like Ultima Underworld.

Takao

Banned
I'm sure Bethesda was losing 0s of dollars on someone sharing footage of a game that was cancelled years ago.

Thet ported it to iOS, so who knows how much work they've done on Vita version.

2K ported the first Bioshock to iOS. The Vita game was going to be an original title that Ken Levine later said would've been a SRPG like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Top Bottom