• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed

PillarEN

The video being 60 allows you to see the real range of performance that you would get. Borman said it's running between 40 and 60 most of the time.

60fps videos are also really useful for 20fps content so that it doesn't look like a studdery mindmelting mess when converted to a 30fps video file.

OK that's really impressive then.

Tangential curiosity. Considering Kotaku leaked AC including screenshots, logos, characters, etc.. and as far as we can tell the only consequence has been Ubisoft giving them the cold shoulder. Does Zenimax, or any company, have any actual ground to stand on in terms of releasing leaked media of games? Cancelled, unreleased, or otherwise? Or is this another one of those legal grey areas that haven't been pushed far enough to create precedence and pushing DMCA takedowns is as far as any party is probably willing to take it?

BigDug13

lol Zenimax took them down.

Guess they should have added some music or some other copyrighted material from another source to trigger the content ID gridlock battle like Jim Sterling uses now. Can't claim shit is yours if it also contains shit that belongs to others.

Takao

Banned
Guess they should have added some music or some other copyrighted material from another source to trigger the content ID gridlock battle like Jim Sterling uses now. Can't claim shit is yours if it also contains shit that belongs to others.

Sterling's solution only works if you don't want companies monetizing videos. I don't think it works if Bethesda just wants it removed.

Qwark

Darn, didn't get to see the videos before they were removed. Hopefully they go back up at some point. Bethesda is fairly litigious, no? I hope that doesn't get in the way of a possible beta release.

Harmen

I hope there will be a mirror somewhere, I remember being interested in this game.

Considering how it ran on the PS3 I don't even want to begin to think how this would have turned out.

PS3 version ran fine. The other Bethesda games on PS3 however...

PillarEN

Taking down historically significant video footage? Boooo

Really low. At least it's not like Sega that inadvertently shut down multiple accounts when people were spreading the Sega love. RIP Garudoh and your amazing VGM channel.

Accoun

I assume they would need modding to run on non-dev hardware? Saint's Row didn't work on my CFWd PSP. On the other hand OP mentions PSP Go and I don't know if there were separate dev kits for them?

Sarcasm

And here I am not able to finish the one on PC. Even when it came out -.-

This is interesting but I don't think it would have pulled me away from something like MH. I did get through morrowind on PC.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn I'm pissed I didn't get to see the videos. Fuck off, Zenimax.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I love how switfly Bethesda tried to shut this down. Come on, Bethy. Nobody's going to stop buying your games because of a crappy PSP port.

AmyS

Fuck. I didn't get to see any of the footage before Bethesda took the youtube videos down.

Any backup links ?

EmSeta

Hoooly shit, I would've played a portable Oblivion til my eyes fell out. Vita would've been a better fit though.

AmyS

Edit: See ^ what mean :p

Handfuls of people all over the world have already downloaded the videos of this cancelled PSP Oblivion. Sooner or later (as per usual) videos will be uploaded again and again (and again) until Zenimax/Bethesda just gives up, being totally overwhelmed trying to deal with not just youtube uploaders but everywhere else.

Edit:

Bwuhahahahahaha!

Jawmuncher

Never understood why companies try to hide stuff like this. Especially this much later on. How would footage of a cancelled PSP game affect you in such a way that you need it removed.

Moobabe

Never understood why companies try to hide stuff like this. Especially this much later on. How would footage of a cancelled PSP game affect you in such a way that you need it removed.

And why hide it at all? Surely say - here's this thing that we made, it didn't quite work out but now you all have an idea of what we were thinking during the process and what it looked like.

Made a few real quick just in case gifs

AoYjwUW.gif

737ZSr4.gif

LHMJvP8.gif

And do this..

Edit: I do hope you subscribe to the channel regardless. Lots of great content coming. http://youtube.com/ptoponline . I believe in the right to preserve gaming history, even when the companies themselves believe it to be trash, literally.

Borman

At home, doing what I can now.

Edit: I do hope you subscribe to the channel regardless. Lots of great content coming. http://youtube.com/ptoponline . I believe in the right to preserve gaming history, even when the companies themselves believe it to be trash, literally.

No idea why Bethesda is trying to hide the videos, it looks very impressive for a PSP title (unlike the Saints Row game) and quite a shame that it was cancelled. It's sad that the Vita never took off as I'd have really liked to see if they could pull off an Oblivion/Skyrim port with the open world intact (although visually cut down).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn. Zeni took the videos down. Could you possibly upload them somewhere else?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Off-topic, but I've been trying to learn the song "Look up" from Hey Arnold all day today, so this caught me by surprise for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the mirrors, Accoun.

Wow. I can't believe how good this looks on the PSP. It's running waaaay better than I would have expected. This definitely could have helped some last-minute PSP sales.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What a huge waste, it looks incredible, with very little touches here and there it could be an awesome vita game.

Top Bottom