• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta had over 6.4 million players, biggest New IP beta this gen

Klyka

Banned
How is it not at all like Destiny?

It's almost the same fucking game, but in third person and in a different (yet oddly similar) setting. Biggest difference is Destiny actually has good gunplay.

i made a joke about the post he had responded to.

also "muh gunplay".
"at least Destiny has good gunplay!!!" is my favorite new comment on the internet.

Played the closed beta and the game didn't grab me. All my close friends are getting it though after playing both betas. This game is going to do big numbers

Genio88

Well i played the beta too on Xbox One though i don't think i'll buy this game, is just like Destiny with a different location, i don't like those kind of game and also the shooting is way worse than Destiny

M.D

Where did all this hype come from? I feel like we hardly heard anything about this game ever since that E3 demo and up to a few months ago

T.O.P

Banned
Where did all this hype come from? I feel like we hardly heard anything about this game ever since that E3 demo and up to a few months ago

People playing all the Closed Betas and this open one, positivity helps the word of mouth

deoee

You do know this is an OPEN BETA right? People have been playing the game because it's a limited time free-to-play triple A game, I've read so many complaints and users cancelling their pre-orders.

You're serious? Have you checked the Steam or Ubisoft forums for the game?

seems like you're on a crusade here dude :3

You did not like the game, that's ok.
But don't shittalk this huge success and great experience for a lot of players :D

I played the beta for 20 hours and I can say that I will play the shit out of this game. The whole atmosphere and tension is something barely any games have these days.

shandy706

It's almost the same fucking game, but in third person and in a different (yet oddly similar) setting. Biggest difference is Destiny actually has good gunplay.

Not sure if serious....

I totally remember that time I suppressed an enemy with an auto turret and dropped a grenade on his head while in full cover in Destiny...oh wait...no I don't.

CooperativeFatBrownbutterfly.gif

LOL, love his gun bouncing up in front of me.

deoee

Great news! Hopefully that translates into great sales numbers and more importantly SUPPORT from Massive/Ubisoft. They have a huge opportunity right now to pull Destiny users in. I really hope they take full advantage. I loved my time with the closed and open betas. Really looking forward to March 8th!

T.O.P

Banned
I played the beta for 20 hours and I can say that I will play the shit out of this game. The whole atmosphere and tension is something barely any games have these days.

The atmosphere in this game is second to none

Being in the Dark Zone while hunted by Rogues and a heavy storm hits is incredible, not even gonna start on the fog <3333

MMaRsu

Banned
lt519;196244627 The classes; I had way more fun with Destiny classes/supers than I did with The Division. And yet to be seen on RNG; The Division could end up having horrible drop rates as well. Just because Destiny hid them under an engram mechanic doesn't change the root problem. They play like totally different games said:
Dude its a beta. The Destiny Beta was amazing imo. The full game was a piece of shit when it launched.

Comparing apples to oranges

lumi7890

Coming from the fact that I had no expectations or was really hyped for the game, I was really surprised to find solid gameplay, great atamosphere, and a cool soundtrack. The beta definitely got me interested in the game and I'm now thinking about preordering, so, good game Ubisoft.

Nokterian

oGg0fR1.gif

Seen lots of shit lately but this cracks me up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't. I couldn't help but feel very bored when playing the open beta, which is weird because I really enjoyed the close beta.

That is indeed weird and makes not much sense since the closed and open beta are basically the same thing o_O

I don't. I couldn't help but feel very bored when playing the open beta, which is weird because I really enjoyed the close beta.

This is where the game will either succeed or fail ultimately. Legs. Game will need a bunch of stuff to do and a long, enjoyable end-game. I'd say i'm 50-50 on if they'll deliver based on all the closed and open alpha and betas i participated in. Will wait for reviews and more details for sure.

Sn4ke_911

lolno5ks6u.gif

Angel_DvA

Impressive numbers, congrats but I won't buy it at launch, maybe later, I need to see the end game content, probably more than Destiny overall but I can wait, especially since the game isn't that amazing at gameplay standpoint.

xkramz

Great numbers. But everyone I asked on my friendslist, " are you getting the division? " they like, "wtf is that?"

Sn4ke_911

This is where the game will either succeed or fail ultimately. Legs. Game will need a bunch of stuff to do and a long, enjoyable end-game. I'd say i'm 50-50 on if they'll deliver based on all the closed and open alpha and betas i participated in. Will wait for reviews and more details for sure.

Main outlet reviews are completely useless for this game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Yea totes bro, that rendition of New York during the winter, (which is close enough to the real thing that people can give people directions in-game to get to a mock-up store location) is like, 100% similar to Destiny's setting, a incredibly sci fi game set in the future, because.....um, well, i'm still working on that but you do you bro. Lmfao. I assume you're once again not gonna back up your claim like you did in that other thread.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I was hoping to get home today and see the news it would've been extended like the closed beta... :(

My Gold Edition is pre ordered. Can't wait for the game!

Nokterian

Main outlet reviews are completely useless for this game.

Same goes towards to be honest Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls the reviews are good but the game has changed so much yet again overtime it isn't the same as it was at release i for see the same thing happening with the division and i don't mind.

Glad to see the hype is real.
Many of my friends were playing it last weekend, I asked them why they find it more appealing than destiny and their response was open world and aesthetics. I was surprised by the aesthetics party which is the opposite to me. I guess I'll never get that dark fantasy pirate AAA game from Ubisoft.
Given than my friend are getting the game I'll get it too. Sorry Bungie, next time don't charge $40 for DLC.

Sn4ke_911

Can't wait for this game i loved the closed and open beta also this is from the beta thread so fucking good.

Not my gameplay but that's why a reason i love this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0yEWvLRE4Q

Hahaha amazing, well fucking deserved assholes.

But this video reminded me how i miss blood in this game, seriously why is there no or not much blood? ugh.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow.
No wonder ubi is going for more mp focus games.

Well, it's that and that digital revenue is really profitable compared to retail revenue, especially over time.

It's not just that EA and Activision make more revenue than Ubisoft, but the type of revenue they make puts them way ahead of Ubisoft on profitability.

definitely one of those games that makes me feel out of step with the mainstream. Which is unusual since I'm usually pretty inline with it, even if I do get into more traditionally "hardcore" stuff.
the truth.

The Division is like the Witcher 3 of MMO shooters. Pretty with absolutely shallow gameplay.
This would imply that The Division has some saving grace, like TW3 justifying itself with its aesthetics, world-building and writing.

I'll give you the voice/prox chat but the DZ mixed arena is complete opinion (which had its own problems, tipping people off to our intentions). The rogue mechanic was very hit or miss for me. I'd prefer three options, PvE, PvP, and DZ. Sometimes we were in the DZ and just wanted to fight each other but the ramifications of failing when going rogue are too high if you just want to have a fun firefight with buddies.

I'm still not completely sold on the DZ, but I already like it more than any "social" or free-roaming areas (basically, areas where you can encounter other groups) in Destiny.

Destiny hyped up its social/community features, but it ended up being pretty barren. No chat is a big part of this, as is limited matchmaking (which is another area that The Division one ups Destiny tenfold), but there just isn't much to do in Destiny outside of actual missions/strikes/raids, and the occasional public event.

Last night, my group and I were forming vendettas against other player groups, thinking about ways to ambush them to get our gear back, etc. That type of social interaction simply isn't possible in Destiny.

The classes; I had way more fun with Destiny classes/supers than I did with The Division. And yet to be seen on RNG; The Division could end up having horrible drop rates as well. Just because Destiny hid them under an engram mechanic doesn't change the root problem.

They play like totally different games, so opinions. Shouldn't really be compared except for how they handle the MMO-like aspect of social aspects and the end game grind/experience.

True, RNG is yet to be seen, but I like their progression system more than Destiny's, from what I've seen. I hated that Destiny relied SO heavily on RNG for its end-game leveling.

The Supers in Destiny are a blast, but I never liked that the classes didn't really have an underlying complementary design to them.

I also agree, they're very different games--but The Division already has a lot of what was missing from Destiny, for me.

HoodWinked

i think this is going to have the destiny beta problem the beta is going to be a reflection of the content amount in the full game. in that there isnt going to be alot more. the two mission zones have a ton of art and looks to have taken alot of time to model. also when you pull up the map there doesnt seem that much more.

otherwise i think the game really should be commended on trying new things the dark zone mechanic is actually pretty inventive it has some of the hooks of a survival games like dayz and wow open world pvp. really enjoyed the beta and may preorder it depending on if i have time to play it when it releases.

Top Bottom