• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Driv3r THREAD OF SHAME OH HANG YOUR HEADS ATARI

mj1108 said:
Found on the Future Publishing forums: LOL

driv3r.jpg

What I would have given for 4 minnuts of fun during ANY of those chase missions.

And I beat the game today, maybe I can enjoy a little Take a Ride mode...

~Black Deatha

B'z-chan

Banned
Black Deatha said:
What I would have given for 4 minnuts of fun during ANY of those chase missions.

And I beat the game today, maybe I can enjoy a little Take a Ride mode...

~Black Deatha

GameRush is your friend. Go there get 35 bucks of credit and then go get Nam 67

Keio

For a Finer World
Which would continue the Driver 3 'experience' pretty well.

According to the SH4 Edge scores thread, Driver 3 scored a 3/10 while Shellshock grabbed 4/10, so it might be a slight improvement :)

The world is a strange place nowadays, with Midway releasing quality games and Atari/Eidos shoveling schlock summer after another...

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
The according to Eidos early Nam 67 demo i played wasnt so bad,although some moments made me laugh,like whole row of Vietnamese suddenly rising from nowhere(there was barely any vegetation and a bit water) so they basicly popped up from nowhere,animation was kinda funny.

The shooting part feeling wasnt too bad,i would give it based on demo 7/10.

Again i am talking about Shellshock Nam 67 and not horrible Driver 3

MaddenNFL64

I was sorta pissed when is was canned for the GC, and was going to get it for the XBox about a month ago. Then E3 happened.

I knew this was going to be shit after the E3 impressions... And now i'm 100% sure it's shit.

Thanks for all the forewarning fellas. Saved me $50 :).

Anyway, I haven't even touched Riddick yet (been playing Thief 3 for the past 2 weeks), so I have that for my Xbox.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mooreberg said:
What does the video game ombudsman have to say about all this?

http://vgombud.blogspot.com

Silence...
He's gone to Europe on a two week vacation, it says so on the latest blog, towards the bottom. Rather fortuitous - maybe he can investigate firsthand the money hat issue regarding Driv3r's suspect reviews.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
So from what i ve been hearing in the last days,it was confirmed that at least one Publishing house "heavly encouraged" thier reviewers to give D3 high scores,obvious reasons are exclusives and ATARI buying a lot of Ad space in advance.

So i wouldnt be surprised about increased amount of ATARI ads in certain mags ...

And to quote R.Reagan:"Rarely have so many people been so wrong about so much.Never have the consequences of thier misunderstanding been so tragic" /ironie

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
this sort of stuff has always really blown my mind.

if anyone knows any UK editors who wouldn't mind talking about this whole mess in private, PM me their information

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Despite the criticism this game has gotten, I figured I'd still give it a try. I loved the first game (except the cheesy ending), never played Driver 2 and haven't played any of the Grand Theft Autos. So, I took into consideration others expectations could be tainted. After playing the game though, I have to agree. This game is horrible. I was expecting something like Star Wars: RS3 where great graphics and polished vehicular game-play would make up for the so-so on foot missions, but once again I was wrong. I know the PS2 can produce better graphics than this. There's no excuse for all the pop-ups, jaggies and broken seems found in this game when many lesser funded developers are doing so much more. As far as game-play goes, I don't see how Reflections could have screwed the game up this much, but they did it. It took me thirty minutes just to get out of the parking lot in the first mission. I could accept that if it were because of a complex scenario with tight controls (Splinter Cell), but poor controls and collision detection are the cause in this game. At this point Driver 3 looks to be Atari's successor to Enter the Matrix.

Top Bottom