• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So if I had no real urgency to watch Daredevil S2, it is not that good that I'd need to put it on my planning?

I really enjoyed it aside from the mysticism junk towards the end.

It's worth watching for The Punisher alone. Incredible performance by Jon Bernthal.

ZeroX03

Banned
Daredevil S2 is like a bunch of really good episodes 1-7, 9-10 and some really weak ones in 8, 11-13. One of the two major plot lines is super compelling, fantastically acted while the other is kept frustratingly vague and they fail to come together in a meaningful way. I'd say it's still stellar overall, but the best comparison I can think of is it's like 70% Arrow S2 and 30% Arrow S3.

also there's way less Netflix bloat this time around so it's much easier to consume than DD and JJ S1 if that's a concern for you. It's very easy to binge episode to episode.

Magwik

Banned
Daredevil S2 is like a bunch of really good episodes 1-7, 9-10 and some really weak ones in 8, 11-13. One of the two major plot lines is super compelling, fantastically acted while the other is kept frustratingly vague and they fail to come together in a meaningful way. I'd say it's still stellar overall, but the best comparison I can think of is it's like 70% Arrow S2 and 30% Arrow S3.

also there's way less Netflix bloat this time around so it's much easier to consume than DD and JJ S1 if that's a concern for you. It's very easy to binge episode to episode.
There's a part in episode 9 (you all know which part) that is so incredibly fantastic it overshadows everything else going on in the show and makes you realize you really don't give a shit about the the other stuff.

Kyoufu

I heard the same about the other Netflix shows, they didn't convince me about that.

Daredevil is what Arrow should have been. Dark, grounded and street-level gritty atmosphere with strong supporting characters and as few sidekicks as possible.

Joni

Daredevil is what Arrow should have been. Dark, grounded and street-level gritty atmosphere with strong supporting characters and as few sidekicks as possible.

And with a boring hero that achieves shit, including making sure he doesn't have a significant effect with anything he does. You won't change my opinion about a show that I did see and that I didn't find as fantastic as other people.

GulAtiCa

Oh god... Not the Arrow should have been what Daredevil been shit again... Give it a rest.

I love Daredevil and currently going though S2. But I would hate for Arrow to follow its format and style.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't really like directly comparing Netflix to CW. They're both aiming for very different styles with very different production styles.

Also spoilers are behind tags, nobody is forcing you to click.

Johndoey

Banned
I heard the same about the other Netflix shows, they didn't convince me about that.
Yo season one of DD kinda blows and season one of Jessica Jones is the same way. But this season is legit fantastic, even if someone hates the rest of it Berenthal's performance is stupendous.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Flash is older now than Constantine ever was... That it's legacy.

tumblr_ny1rve2gU11sy7n8oo1_500.gif

Sephzilla

And with a boring hero that achieves shit, including making sure he doesn't have a significant effect with anything he does. You won't change my opinion about a show that I did see and that I didn't find as fantastic as other people.

Matt Murdock in S1 of Daredevil achieves a lot more than Oliver Queen achieves in any season of Arrow aside from S2.

For the record my current superhero TV show hierarchy goes as follows; Daredevil > The Flash > Jessica Jones > Arrow > Legends of Tomorrow.
I havent watched Gotham or Supergirl

Johndoey

Banned
I maintain that the Constantine film was great.
Its too bad Matt Ryan was just a wee lad when it was produced.

Edit: Murdock is a far more interesting character than Queen tho, no reservations about saying that.

But Gordon is the best of all these lead characters.

Joni

Matt Murdock in S1 of Daredevil achieves a lot more than Oliver Queen achieves in any season of Arrow aside from S2.

For the record my current superhero TV show hierarchy goes as follows; Daredevil > The Flash > Jessica Jones > Arrow > Legends of Tomorrow.

There are about 15 villains that Oliver stopped in the first season, Matt only really stopped one.

Sephzilla

There are about 15 villains that Oliver stopped in the first season, Matt only really stopped one.

Matt actually stopped Kingpin's plan and put him in prison. Oliver not only failed to stop Malcom Merlyn's plan, but Malcom Merlyn was back almost immediately.

DeathyBoy

Banned

I'm not sure what Matt really achieves.

DD S2 spoilers.

The Yakuza never left New York, Gao is chilling and has no fear of him, The Punisher took the mobs down, Fisk is even more dangerous than ever. And even S1 victory wise, Leland fucked up and Fisk took him down - Matt had little to actually do with that.

In contrast, Oliver loses in S1 but he wins in S2/S3.

GulAtiCa

The Flash finally comes back tonight after being gone for a long month break and after such a crazy reveal at the end. And yet all we are talking about here lately is how Daredevil achieved more in his fight then Oliver Queen has done in S1 as the Arrow. In The Flash thread of all things. I find that funny.

T Dollarz

Supergirl. Catch up the crossover. Then DD S2.

Helps to put some space between Netflix binges too, those shows are draining.

I'd probably say Supergirl. I'm kind of with ZeroX03 - doing JJ and then Daredevil S2 back to back would probably be incredibly draining.

That's what I was thinking too. Sadly there's no way I'll catch up in time for the crossover now, and that's what I was aiming for. Oh well. Still very excited for both, and to have my other three DC shows back this week!

Right now I'd rank: Daredevil S1 > Arrow S2 > The Flash > Jessica Jones >Legends of Tomorrow > Arrow currently

Really enjoying everything though except for S3&4 Arrow. Huge drop off from the S2 greatness.

Joni

The Flash finally comes back tonight after being gone for a long month break and after such a crazy reveal at the end. And yet all we are talking about here lately is how Daredevil achieved more in his fight then Oliver Queen has done in S1 as the Arrow. In The Flash thread of all things. I find that funny.

Because we have already complained very, very much about that twist.

Kyoufu

When are we getting Marvel/DC crossovers?

I mean, we live in a world that's about to have PS4/Xbox cross-platform multiplayer. Surely Marvel x DC is possible too?!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
When are we getting Marvel/DC crossovers?

I mean, we live in a world that's about to have PS4/Xbox cross-platform multiplayer. Surely Marvel x DC is possible too?!

Just because we can put a man on the moon doesn't mean we can put a man on the Sun.

You have to look at it this way: who would be serviced by a Marvel and DC crossover that isn't currently being serviced by the massive slate of Superhero movies that already exist? Then consider whatever amount of money you'd make from them having to be split by two separate, massive companies.

Marvel movies do over a billion dollars at the box office. Regardless of quality, Batman v. Superman is going to do over a billion as well. How much more money is there to make doing Avengers vs. the Justice League? That doesn't even get into the challenges of actually funding and distributing such a project.

Is this true?

We'll see the Flash a couple more times, like on tonight's episode. But then he jumps over to Supergirl and, spoilers here,
he never makes it back to his universe.
Then Zoom
just kills everybody except Felicity. The three shows will wrap up the rest of their production focusing on different aspects of Felicity's life, like on the Flash it'll be about her ability to win so quickly, on Arrow it'll be about her keen focus on winning, and Legends of Tomorrow will be about the future wins yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom