• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I don't know if anyone has posted this but, Liam Mcintyre (Weather Wizard) will be voicing the protagonist of Gears of War 4, JD Fenix (Marcus Fenix's son).

Considering that weather plays such a large role in the game (you're be battling windstorms and dodging lightning) I hope there is at least a small reference to Weather Wizard.

Also, Eugene Byrd (Andy Diggle) will voice JD's best friend, Delmont "Del" Walker.

Joni

I don't know if anyone has posted this but, Liam Mcintyre (Weather Wizard) will be voicing the protagonist of Gears of War 4, JD Fenix (Marcus Fenix's son).

Considering that weather plays such a large role in the game (you're be battling windstorms and dodging lightning) I hope there is at least a small reference to Weather Wizard.

Also, Eugene Byrd (Andy Diggle) will voice JD's best friend, Delmont "Del" Walker.

Good to see him get some extra work. He deserves it.

Someone over at Coalition is a fan of CW shows :p

ZeroX03

Banned

Liam McIntyre is a very nerdy young man.

Folding Supergirl in the the Flarrowverse as a permanent fixture could be really great for Supergirl. I don't know how you would do it because it's a different dimension but Supergirl is a very middling show. The core cast of Kara and CatCo + Manhunter and sister is pretty strong but the villains and what look to be budget constraints are problematic.

Non seems like a none entity to be frank (and awfully punny) Flash and Arrow do overarching bad guys MUCH better and Supergirl could take a leaf from those books.

The last episode has been one of the highest points of the season, It needs to be a bit more mature and serious with its self. It can keep Kara as this flamboyant cutie but the threats need to be more real and the bad guys need more soul. It's a charming show but just misses out being great.

Folding Supergirl in the the Flarrowverse as a permanent fixture could be really great for Supergirl. I don't know how you would do it because it's a different dimension but Supergirl is a very middling show.

Easy fix. Just say that When Reverse Flash traveled back to change Barry's timeline, he also pushed back the Kryptonite shuttles from landing on time. So on Kara's Earth, Barry is on the old timeline- still not becoming Flash for a few more years. On the Arrow Earth, Clark is just starting to use his powers, but not public. Then have Rip set the two ships back on the right course and combine the two universes. Supergirl stays as is, except people know the word Metahuman. Arrowverse changes to acknowledge Superman being active for a decade, but otherwise is the same.

KonradLaw

I find it funny that despite DC not having a shared universe between the movies and shows and shows being on different networks, the Berlanti-made shows are actually far more integrated than anything else out there in the genre. I mean...I see like a short cameo of Night Nurse on Jessica Jones or mention of Avengers fighting for NY in Daredevil, or some secondary movie character popping in Carter or Agents a Shield for a short while, but it's nothing on the level of what Berlanti's is pulling of on TV, where characters cross all the time, even through networks now.

ZeroX03

Banned
The MCU has added nothing to the Netflix shows AFAIK. They'd be fine without them.

I think one of the issues that the Netflix shows have with crossing over is they have independent creative teams working on each show, whereas the producers and writers work closely with one another between the three CW shows (and Berlanti and Kreisberg on Supergirl). I hope The Defenders kicks ass, it'll be great to see street level New York coalesce (without Spider-Man ofc cuz he's movies).

Someone over at Coalition is a fan of CW shows :p

Keep in mind that The Coalition is based in Vancouver, which is where Arrow and Flash (and a few other CW shows) are produced, so most of the guest roles in those shows are filled by Vancouverites, so they'd be tapping into the same pool of actors.

Joni

I find it funny that despite DC not having a shared universe between the movies and shows and shows being on different networks, the Berlanti-made shows are actually far more integrated than anything else out there in the genre. I mean...I see like a short cameo of Night Nurse on Jessica Jones or mention of Avengers fighting for NY in Daredevil, or some secondary movie character popping in Carter or Agents a Shield for a short while, but it's nothing on the level of what Berlanti's is pulling of on TV, where characters cross all the time, even through networks now.

They even managed to integrate shows that they have nothing to do with like Constantine and Flash 90s. Berlanti's team is definitely a fan of integrated teams. I was wondering: is 5 concurrent shows (Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends, Vixen) the winner in television universes?

ZeroX03

Banned
They even managed to integrate shows that they have nothing to do with like Constantine and Flash 90s. Berlanti's team is definitely a fan of integrated teams. I was wondering: is 5 concurrent shows (Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends, Vixen) the winner in television universes?

CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Cold Case and Without a Trace aired concurrently for five in the 2000s. Maybe Law & Order too because that thing crossed over with a bunch of things although I'm not going to follow the rabbit hole of what aired when.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Cold Case and Without a Trace aired concurrently for five in the 2000s. Maybe Law & Order too because that thing crossed over with a bunch of things although I'm not going to follow the rabbit hole of what aired when.

I'll try. I think the maximum amount of Law & Order tv shows at one point was 4, Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: SVU, and Law & Order: Trail by Jury.

There was also Homicide: Life on the Streets and Law & Order: LA but those occurred at different times then the four mentioned previously.

With that being said the crossover between the shows was minimal at best. Why do I know so much about Law & Order?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'll try. I think the maximum amount of Law & Order tv shows at one point was 4, Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: SVU, and Law & Order: Trail by Jury.

There was also Homicide: Life on the Streets and Law & Order: LA but those occurred at different times then the four mentioned previously.

With that being said the crossover between the shows was minimal at best. Why do I know so much about Law & Order?

Law & Order shared a universe with a more than just those shows, if the grand crossover list is correct.

I would give everything to see Ollie interact with Cat ...just lol.

They'd both be down to clown.

You're talking about the St. Elsewhere thing right? If so, that has got to be one of the craziest/ludicrous fan theories I have ever heard.

The majority of the shared universe shows within that theory are actually solid as the character of Detective John Munch has shown up, in name, in a ton of the shows.

L&O:SVU, The Wire, Arrested Development, L&O: Trial & Order, L&O, Homicide, and The X-Files. Then there are other shows that crossover the characters. L&O has crossed over with USA's In Plain Sight, Chicago P.D. (attaching it to all the Chicago shows), NY Undercover, a short lived show called Deadline...

Really the only thing that makes the Universe weird is the final episode of St. Elsewhere which spawned theories that the whole Universe takes place in a childs mind. Outside of that though, anywhere that characters actually crossover makes the shows just as solidly connected as any other collective Universe.

Edit: As for the concurrent shows... the L&O Universe has 5 shows airing concurrently as of this fall. L&O:SVU and all the Chicago shows. Technically you could say 6 shows if you count The X-Files.

The MCU has added nothing to the Netflix shows AFAIK. They'd be fine without them.

I think one of the issues that the Netflix shows have with crossing over is they have independent creative teams working on each show, whereas the producers and writers work closely with one another between the three CW shows (and Berlanti and Kreisberg on Supergirl). I hope The Defenders kicks ass, it'll be great to see street level New York coalesce (without Spider-Man ofc cuz he's movies).

MCU is barely existent outside the movies.
They can't even be bothered to drop Avengers Tower in skyline shots of New York.

GulAtiCa

We should be getting a set up for next weeks crossover, right?

I hope so. Though I think I saw something recently that said an early April episode will have the set up. So episodes might be a little out of sync.. I hope not.. As that will leave things a little confusing and won't be as epic (since by then we've seen the cross-over episode and the set-up won't be as special. Be like telling the punchline of a joke and then telling the set up.)

Nabs

I hope so. Though I think I saw something recently that said an early April episode will have the set up. So episodes might be a little out of sync.. I hope not.. As that will leave things a little confusing and won't be as epic (since by then we've seen the cross-over episode and the set-up won't be as special. Be like telling the punchline of a joke and then telling the set up.)

It won't be out of sync. I read the synopsis for the 3/29 ep and it all makes sense. Tip: Don't read it.

Kinda looking a bit farther into the future the necessary, but it'd be neat if they found some way to include the crossover episode on the eventual Season 2 blu-ray. I imagine the logistics would be an issue, though.

Kinda looking a bit farther into the future the necessary, but it'd be neat if they found some way to include the crossover episode on the eventual Season 2 blu-ray. I imagine the logistics would be an issue, though.
Both are WB produced shows, so the DVDs would be put out by WB. It would probably not be that hard to include it as a bonus feature.
It is streaming rights that would be weird because of CBS.

ZeroX03

Banned

I can't imagine the cross over is important enough to put then on the DVD. They didn't bother last year with Flash and Arrow's episodes and I doubt they intend to this year.

Also Blu Ray or digital or bust

ZeroX03

Banned
The Flash makes his triumphant return!

#2.17 "Trajectory"
Episode Trailer
THERE IS A NEW SPEEDSTER IN CENTRAL CITY; WILL THE WRITERS RUIN THIS ONE TOO? – Deciding to blow off some steam, Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team head out for a night on the town only to encounter an unexpected speedster who is up to no good. Iris (Candice Patton) is challenged by an assignment from her new boss (guest star Tone Bell), and is surprised when friction turns to flirtation. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Lauren Certo and Lilah Vandenburgh.

fla216b_0079b.jpg

Skux

So this episode is written to lead into the Supergirl crossover? HYPE

Looks like the
tachyon device on Barry's chest will have something to do with it.

DeathyBoy

Banned
MCU is barely existent outside the movies.
They can't even be bothered to drop Avengers Tower in skyline shots of New York.

Even in the films there's not that much crossover.

President gets kidnapped, Cap doesn't give a fuck. Cap on the run, Tony et al don't help at all. If this were Flash/Arrow, you can rest assured Barry or Oliver would get involved if the stakes were that high.

I mean shit, Oliver was being groomed in the LOA and managed to pop down to Central City to help Barry stop RF in S1. That's some next level shit crossovering.

ZeroX03

Banned
Even in the films there's not that much crossover.

President gets kidnapped, Cap doesn't give a fuck. Cap on the run, Tony et al don't help at all. If this were Flash/Arrow, you can rest assured Barry or Oliver would get involved if the stakes were that high.

I mean shit, Oliver was being groomed in the LOA and managed to pop down to Central City to help Barry stop RF in S1. That's some next level shit crossovering.

We even get great villain crossovers, such as Deathbolt and fan favorite
Bug-Eyed Bandit

The great thing about the Arrowverse is that everything is roughly on the same level, so there's no having to compromise or deal with actor ego/paychecks between movies and film. Everything is fair game and all the people involved are up for anything. The only thing holding it back from being the perfect setup is the DC embargo (and time and budgets). But it wouldn't be the spiritual successor to the DCAU without the stupid embargoes.

DeathyBoy

Banned
We even get great villain crossovers, such as Deathbolt and fan favorite
Bug-Eyed Bandit

The great thing about the Arrowverse is that everything is roughly on the same level, so there's no having to compromise or deal with actor ego/paychecks between movies and film. Everything is fair game and all the people involved are up for anything. The only thing holding it back from being the perfect setup is the DC embargo (and time and budgets). But it wouldn't be the spiritual successor to the DCAU without the stupid embargoes.

And even with those embargoes they've established a multiverse, so if they ever get the rights back they have a built in canon reason why those characters can suddenly show up.

Also... (DD S2 spoilers)

Arrow's immortal Ninjas are far better than Daredevil's shitty immortal Ninjas and their festering turd of a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom