• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

You want to believe 60 fps....do so, be my guest. But don't insult my believes in 30fps.
ibbHBTU160WtQN.gif

jeffyjaixx

The single most important thing you need to do to truly enjoy TLoU is turn off listen mode. It is seriously atmosphere destroying and makes so many areas which should be intense blood chilling experiences become: lol gogo gadget x-ray vision!

I've played the PS3 version SP in normal mode. So should I just go straight to the hardest mode and what should I turn off/on to get the best experience?

If you want me to believe you, you need to offer some proof when you're directly contradicting developer claims. I'll gladly admit that you are right and apologize if you can put forth some evidence. Multiple programmers and designers at ND have mentioned the benefits of 60fps in this game for both SP and MP.

you dare mock the Naughty Gods?

hue hue hue

But is he a robotic Troll?

That is the most amazing post.

Come on guys, we are a wide community of various backgrounds and believes and we need to to respect others' believes even if they don't fall in line with our believes.

For real, Cyborg, do you want to make a ban bet? I'd rather not have to deal with you in the Remastered OT so I'm willing to say now, if TLOU Remastered releases and the singleplayer is locked at 30FPS, I'll take a two week voluntary ban. If TLOU Remastered releases and the singleplayer (including the cutscenes) are roughly 60FPS (barring any drops of course) you take a two week voluntary ban.

I don't know if I'm playing with fire with this, I hope the proposition doesn't upset any mods, but you seem very confident in your assertion so you should go ahead and put your "money" where your mouth is.

quickwhips

Come on guys, we are a wide community of various backgrounds and believes and we need to to respect others' believes even if they don't fall in line with our believes.

At first I thought he was trolling...now I see he is a true believer of the 30 fps and I wouldn't ever want to take that away from him. I am sorry :(

Magwik

Banned
Just some fun stuff from Cyborg's post history.
Uncharted 4 thread:
The ingame action wont look as the reveal trailer....we can hope but dont be fooled. They played us like a fiddle.....

Also interesting choice of words from an old Destiny thread:
I dont care about 30 vs 60 fps bullshit...Fine by me.

and:
I cant get used to 60 fps :(

I have no idea what is going on with this guy.

thatJohann

I just confirmed via Twitter with the lead programmer from Naughty Dog.

60fps for BOTH SP and MP. Yeah!!! Now officially stoked!

SJiuuX9.jpg

-griffy-

Banned

I believe SCOTUS set the precedent that it is Neogaf's right to deny his coverage of 30fps singleplayer though.

Primeau31

but Cyborg said its 30 and he's positive!

so sick of ppl trying to push unfounded and unreasonable opinions/conclusions as facts.

Poetazer

Neo Member
But wouldn't I lose everything included in the season pass by doing so? Anyways, I still wish the MP had a horde-like mode against the infected and the hunters.

Remastered includes all the DLC. You're buying the complete package, don't need no season pass..

How this thread continues to deliver is beyond me.

Beautiful stuff lol.

But 1080/60 for both SP/MP? Thats so much win in my book.

Naughty Gods indeed.

Melchiah

Remastered includes all the DLC. You're buying the complete package, don't need no season pass..

Ah, I misunderstood some post on this thread about some extras only carrying for those with a season pass. I'll have to see, if there's any substantial difference with the retail versions in the EU and US.

Ah, I misunderstood some post on this thread about some extras only carrying for those with a season pass. I'll have to see, if there's any substantial difference with the retail versions in the EU and US.

Remastered does not include dlc weapons, hats, and skills. Only those who previously bought them or the season pass will have them. If you have purchased neither, they will need to be purchased separately.

Darknight

I just confirmed via Twitter with the lead programmer from Naughty Dog.

60fps for BOTH SP and MP. Yeah!!! Now officially stoked!

SJiuuX9.jpg

I dont get why this needed a confirmation. Are we to believe actual devs or some random online person? That dude who started the whole debate should be ashamed.

hwateber

This thread is amazing. Spikes in hype every time 60 FPS gets "confirmed" and then back to skepticism for a few days. Repeat the cycle as if the last "confirmation" was any less credible than the most recent one. And I'm part of the problem.

60 FPS in my veins

Gurish

I deeply recommend for first playthrough to go on 'Hard' with Listen mode set on 'Off', it's the best way to experience the game and it's mechanics without feeling cheap or limited, it's perfectly balanced and most recommended for your first time.

Top Bottom