• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
My friend said this. He labeled it "The First of Us". He said start it right when
Sara dies
and go from there.

That would be pretty awesome.

Only downside I see is you'd miss out on the beautiful overgrown post apocalyptic world for the vast majority of the game. Instead it would be just regular cities and towns with a bunch of fires and debri and trash.

Gbraga

A sequel with
Ellie
as the lead is the only way forward.

At first I thought they couldn't ever make a sequel, then I moved on to "at least make it at a different time with different characters", then I accepted this idea, and now I really want this.

Just please don't waste time
debating over previous game's discussions
, have a big time skip and just give us
Ellie, either by herself or with a new group, surviving in her own way, with new enemies and locations.
Should be fun.

A sequel with
Ellie
as the lead is the only way forward.

Yeah pretty much. The first game was all about
Ellie becoming independent and losing her fear of being alone. Joel ruining his relationship with her cements the idea of her striking out on her own at some point
. I'd love to see what comes of that.

I'll take a prequel over a sequel. Joel and Tommy doin their thing.

No. There is no need to go back into the past and tell a story like that. We know what happened, even without the details. It's best we use our imagination to fill in the gaps for that part of Joel's life.

Andrew.

Banned
No. There is no need to go back into the past and tell a story like that. We know what happened, even without the details. It's best we use our imagination to fill in the gaps for that part of Joel's life.

Well that's the way I feel about moving forward with
Ellie
. I mean I get the wanting for it with the recent wave of gamers demanding
female protags
in every other game release, but yeah, if a sequel is to be made I'd rather see it wth new characters in a new environment.

De_Marco

Never played the PS3 version, was it only MP that was censored?

Yes, the singleplayer is uncensored in Europe. SCEE was clever last year and when asked, if the game was uncut in Germany, they said it´s "the same as other EU versions". At that point nobody knew, that they were all censored. ;)

Here you can find in detail what is missing from EU versions, the page is in german, but the pics speak for themselves.

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=801219

Nevertheless, the MP is great (and will be on the PS4) even without the gore, but it would have been nice to finally see the finishing moves in all their 1080p/60fps glory.

I'd put good money on the fact that a Last of Us sequel would revolve around
a grown up Ellie. Neil's opinion of the ending is that Joel's lie at the end destroyed their relationship and she knows she can't rely on him anymore. They're clearly in love with her as a character - I see The Last of Us as Ellies origin story and she's going to become THE top female protagonist. Last of Us 2 will have a 18-20ish Ellie on the cover by her lonesome.

Donos

But Joel "learns" stuff/skills through some training manuals during the game. If he would do this in a prequel too, why would he be "dumb" again in TLOU?

But Joel "learns" stuff/skills through some training manuals during the game. If he would do this in a prequel too, why would he be "dumb" again in TLOU?

Its just a gameplay mechanic, like how you gather those flowers, turn it into meds which could somehow increase Joel's hearing, lol.

Freeman

Banned
A sequel could still include sections that are set in the past, the DLC proved it could work, hell a Joel and Tommy DLC would be great.

Donos

Its just a gameplay mechanic, like how you gather those flowers, turn it into meds which could somehow increase Joel's hearing, lol.

Don't know about that flowers. Is it part of the listening mode? Never played with it on.

Yeah, it's a mechanic but it would be pretty dumb if e.g. Joel becomes a Bow master in a prequel through lvling/traning manuals and then he doesn't barely know what that thing is in tlou.

Andrew.

Banned
I realize this is all hypothetical, but what if there were no training manuals? Maybe your skills/abilities are passive and increase and get stronger the more you use them. Meleeing more dudes is gonna make you a better melee fighter, constructing weapons eventually increases the speed of construction and amount of ingredients needed. Surely, you would start out with wobbly aim, but what if only drinking alcohol or popping a med straightened it out temporarily?

mitchman

Gold Member
Why? It's just an indication that it's either closer or further away. In my eyes it would make it 'easier' to decide where the clicker was, especially if you are not using listen mode. Obviously it would be turned off if you are using headphones.

The game wouldn't know I'm using headphones connected to my receiver, so another reason it wouldn't work. Not sure my neighbors would appreciate the sound from them in the middle of the night :)

Here's another piece from Patrick Brown.

the_last_of_us__tutorial__by_patrickbrown-d7dxuz7.jpg

Has it been posted already, that the MP mode in Europe is censored again?

The German branch of SCEE confirmed to German page "schnittberichte", that all EU Remastered versions are censored in the same way as the PS3 version, means it´s not possible to dismember enemies and the amount of blood is reduced in MP mode. Bummer, US version is hard to get here in the land of soccer & censorship world champions. ^^

Although I can´t dismember you guys properly, I am still looking forward to playing with you :)

Fuck this

Loomba

Has it been posted already, that the MP mode in Europe is censored again?

The German branch of SCEE confirmed to German page "schnittberichte", that all EU Remastered versions are censored in the same way as the PS3 version, means it´s not possible to dismember enemies and the amount of blood is reduced in MP mode. Bummer, US version is hard to get here in the land of soccer & censorship world champions. ^^

Although I can´t dismember you guys properly, I am still looking forward to playing with you :)

Bullshit of maximum quantities.

Glad I have the US digital version ordered.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Here's another piece from Patrick Brown.

Nice! I love how recognizable the locations are in this guy's fan art. Good use of references. Like I'm pretty sure Joel is standing right underneath a large Dawn of the Wolf poster in this second pic, and there's a military boarding school in the background.

delta25

Banned
being that this is the week we should finally get to see some gameplay, every bump this thread gets is going to be painful depending on why it was bumped.

quickwhips

Why not just do The Last of Us 2 where it has new characters with a new story.
have all the characters die at the end so we get new characters again in The Last of Us 3.

Top Bottom