• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

6 days you guys

zjfxYhU.jpg

Longer here in the UK! :(

MLmjNDx.png

icespide

Banned
the lack of the remaster/remake quadrology makes me sad:

Diablo UEE
Shadow Warrior
Metro Redux
GTAV

;) nice list though. mine is similar with Evolve and Destiny rounding out the aforementioned titles

6 stupidly long days...:(

haha GTAV is actually on there you just gotta scroll down. I'm undecided on Diablo. bought Destiny digitally :)

the lack of the remaster/remake quadrology makes me sad:

Diablo UEE
Shadow Warrior
Metro Redux
GTAV

;) nice list though. mine is similar with Evolve and Destiny rounding out the aforementioned titles

6 stupidly long days...:(

Yeah I've got Diablo, Destiny and GTA V all ordered with Tesco at the moment due to various codes/offers meaning I got them cheap.

Is there still no 60fps, high-bitrate gameplay footage of this yet? Considering the improved IQ and smooth framerate are the main selling points, I find this entirely baffling. Screenshots are not enough to get the message across, that much is clear from the embarrassing reactions to the captures in the other thread, with many people struggling to see much improvement.

Is there still no 60fps, high-bitrate gameplay footage of this yet? Considering the improved IQ and smooth framerate are the main selling points, I find this entirely baffling. Screenshots are not enough to get the message across, that much is clear from the embarrassing reactions to the captures in the other thread, with many people struggling to see much improvement.

Have you not seen the screenshots posted by a GAFer? The modelling of Joel is something else. I'm convinced that ND have done a top job on this.

Chao

Have you not seen the screenshots posted by a GAFer? The modelling of Joel is something else. I'm convinced that ND have done a top job on this.

I need to see a side by side comparison on ps3 vs ps4 in game models, they looked amazing on ps3 and can't really tell how much of an improvement these are.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Did you get the paperback of American Dreams? I just got The Art of The Last of Us today and I'm thinking of buying that as well, but I've read mixed things about it, in terms of how much it actually adds to the lore of the game. I've read comments saying that it ultimately adds nothing and is skippable, and the complete opposite. What's your take?.

i haven't played left behind yet but it was pretty forgettable

Oh I have, I'm in no need of convincing myself. It's just that it seems like there are plenty of people on here who aren't gonna understand the significance of the upgrade until they see it in motion at the full framerate and good quality.

GavinUK86

Did you get the paperback of American Dreams? I just got The Art of The Last of Us today and I'm thinking of buying that as well, but I've read mixed things about it, in terms of how much it actually adds to the lore of the game. I've read comments saying that it ultimately adds nothing and is skippable, and the complete opposite. What's your take?

Also, the art book looks amazing. Dark Horse did another good job on a viddya artbook. I am impressed.

i haven't played left behind yet but it was pretty forgettable

American Dreams felt quite substantial until Left Behind came out. Now, I don't think you'll miss much by not reading it. There are a few nods to it in Left Behind but that's all. That covers the Ellie and Riley story in itself without the need for the comic.

If there's one section of the game I'm looking forward to seeing with the improved visuals it's the
carousel section
of the DLC. It's gonna look nice in 1080p, screenshots a plenty will be taken.

Torgo

Got our review copy yesterday, but I can't talk about it until Monday I believe. Only got to play for about 20 minutes last night though since I had to edit the podcast.

I wish I could say something about it, so sorry :-(

Playing it all night after work today though!!!!

Hoje0308

Banned
Got our review copy yesterday, but I can't talk about it until Monday I believe. Only got to play for about 20 minutes last night though since I had to edit the podcast.

An embargo on a remaster? So dumb...

icespide

Banned

is it a video game??

Gurish

Sony gone insane with this one, what is all that secrecy? They do realize we all played it and loved it right?

How can they leave the marketing and impressions to some random ppl who got an early copy and are sharing compressed pictures and sub HD videos is beyond me.

Honestly this lack of talk makes me think that there are frame drops, even in the slightest (aka 45-60 fps), and that the 30 FPS lock will be what I end up using because of screen tearing and jumps.

I pray that they got it locked at 60 with no drops.

GavinUK86

Honestly this lack of talk makes me think that there are frame drops, even in the slightest (aka 45-60 fps), and that the 30 FPS lock will be what I end up using because of screen tearing and jumps.

I pray that they got it locked at 60 with no drops.

I thought the same from the beginning but they seem to be trying hard to convince us that's not the case. No footage though, even at this point, is a bit suspicious to say the least.

jett

D-Member

It's just surreal how Sony has been handling the release of this game.

If there's one section of the game I'm looking forward to seeing with the improved visuals it's the
carousel section
of the DLC. It's gonna look nice in 1080p, screenshots a plenty will be taken.

my section (HUGE SPOILERS)
the university "accident" such a memorable scene and screenshots will be plentiful

Top Bottom