• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

FTF

Nice...will def be double dipping and looking forward to playing this again.

Didn't see mention it will include the left behind dlc...really hope that's in there. (may have missed it though)

rob305

This is the new backwards compatibility. Why would they add BC when they can just charge you for the game again

Vire

No mention of 60 FPS in the description...

ad-charliebrown.gif

johnny956

People keep saying this.. The PS3 version ran fine. Sure it could've ran better, but it's not like it was plagued with framerate issues rendering it unplayable.

I don't even remember any framerate issues in the game. Were there certain points in game that it occurred at?

So glad I never got around to this on PS3 and I'm still unspoiled on the story.

Now, Bethesda, please deliver into us a Skyrim Remastered edition for current gen.

Chris R

Not going to buy it, but if it ever does show up in RedBox I'll rent it for sure just to see how good it looks.

Still need to play the Ellie DLC :(

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Does Amazon normally mention FPS in the description of games? I've never really noticed it before but then again I was never looking for it either.

Danlord

Definitely Day 1 for me. I have the game but no PS3 anymore and is my favourite game of the generation so well worth it.

2 things I'm really looking forward to;
  • 1080p + Cordeceps Spores - Seeing the particle effects will definitely look so nice with the increase of resolution.
  • Dualshock 4 + Headphones - I can't game on PS4 without using my headphones to listen to the game audio and this game has one of the best soundtracks to a game I've heard, hearing it through my headphones instead of my TV will be beautiful!

I wasn't dissing the ps4 if that's what your thinking, just genuinely wondering why it wouldn't be 60fps

Improved lighting, shadows, additional effects, 1080p, better characters models. I get the feeling this release is an engine test for Uncharted 4, kinda like Tomb Raider probably is for the upcoming sequel.

oti

Banned
That's nice. Will play the game again then when I get a PS4 eventually. Wanted to finish off my PS3 (which looking at PS+ and my backlog could take forever - and I'm fine with that) with this or Uncharted 2. I guess it's the latter.

This is the new backwards compatibility. Why would they add BC when they can just charge you for the game again

I'm pretty sure that most PlayStation fans - new and old, asked for this. There are plenty of newcomers to PlayStation thanks for the PlayStation 4. Can't ignore them. The more platforms this game is on, the better.

Playing on DS4 is all I need.

All other improvements are just cherries on top for me.

Will double dip for the full price. I never do this and probably won't ever again. This is the ONLY exception.

I wasn't dissing the ps4 if that's what your thinking, just genuinely wondering why it wouldn't be 60fps

Probably the same reason why ICO and SotC didn't run at 60fps, they weren't coded to run at that framerate. They were coded to run at 30fps. And that's what he wanted it to run at.

Owzers

I am really curious as to what the gameplay improvements are, my biggest gripe were the repetitiveness of the "kill rooms" and then dying over and over again in the last area. I don't think they can fix the first.

I'd be surprised if it's 60. They're probably doing an incredible-looking Uncharted 4, with more ambitious visuals than The Order 1886, so I'd expect that to be 30fps too. If TLOU was 60, and then their first PS4 game was 30, people would question it.

If TLOU is a locked 30, that's already an improvement on the rather variable PS3 version. And 1080p is significant, and it sounds like they're tidying up a bunch of things that all add to the image quality.

Then Uncharted 4 will come along, and if it's 60, then great, but if it's 30, then that's fine too.

Top Bottom