• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

antitrop

Game of the generation, huh? I think MGS 4 was better than this, and MGO was a lot better than TLOU online IMO.

tumblr_lavoywPCQs1qbzf0vo1_500.gif

Liamc723

Good lord, how did we experience this game just fine in 30FPS on the PS3? 60FPS blows 30FPS completely out of the water, 30 looks so jittery and a mess compared to 60 now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nope. Shiv master is needed to break away from one of they grab you. Clickers are easy to outsmart by getting a good distance away and standing still. Brick/bottle plus a melee weapon is a auto kill. Shiv master will be the last thing I upgrade.

No, you can shiv a Clicker with stealth anytime with no upgrades. Shiv Master gives you an out if you are grabbed by a clicker.

http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_upgrades

Ah ok. In that case I'd probably get stage one of that, although tbh of hard mode the checkpoints are close enough together that it might be better to just die and start over, rather than waste a shiv.

I have found that hard mode is still giving me plenty of materials though. I have three shivs and enough parts to make more. I am trying to save them for doors but there are probably enough parts to use one or two on clicker takedowns.

x-Lundz-x

Good lord, how did we experience this game just fine in 30FPS on the PS3? 60FPS blows 30FPS completely out of the water, 30 looks so jittery and a mess compared to 60 now.

Tomb Raider: DE (PS4), and now TLoU:R have proven how much of a difference 1080/60 really does make. Playing these games a year ago, and then again this year on the PS4 cemented it for me that Sub HD / 30FPS needs to go away.

Destiny runs and looks great, but man I wish it could have made 60 fps.

I just got to the submerged subway that's full of spores.

Wow, that place looks terrible. I don't know what's wrong but it puts in perspective just how good almost everything else looks.

Destiny runs and looks great, but man I wish it could have made 60 fps.

For some reason I really didn't notice it in Destiny...maybe it was just really optimized.

Also, I think something is going on with TLOU:R locked 30fps mode...it did not look that bad on PS3.

delume

First playthrough ever and just hit
Pittsburgh.
Incredible! As I become more familiar with the mechanics and enemies of this game, I am finding the hardest shift to make is in my mindset of 'every enemy must die.' It really clicked last night during the run to
the high school
. Instead of going full stealth or full death machine, I was stealthing around then exploding through any situation that would slow me down too much. Felt very organic. It is nice playing a game where I feel people actually have actually motives behind their actions.

Oh and the epic tone shift when you hit
Pittsburgh, where the dude tries to stop you for help and Joel (King Survivor) says something about "he is not even hurt" before hitting him with your car, is EPIC!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It does right after you switch back to it, but play for 10 minutes and you kind of forget about it. 30fps feels a lot better when there's some high quality motion blur applied though.

Gaz_RB

It does right after you switch back to it, but play for 10 minutes and you kind of forget about it. 30fps feels a lot better when there's some high quality motion blur applied though.

Yeah, I thought it was super juttery and stuff, but I adjusted after like 10 minutes. Then I went back to 60 fps and the smoothness of it overloaded my brain I think. I was in awe for like 3 minutes. Brains are funny.

lol her AI only has her duck going the one way I guess?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
For some reason I really didn't notice it in Destiny...maybe it was just really optimized.

Also, I think something is going on with TLOU:R locked 30fps mode...it did not look that bad on PS3.
The two games I played before Destiny were Resogun and Outlast (60 FPS games), and the drop in framerate was very apparent. For the first few hour all I could think about was how much better Destiny would be at 60fps (still do). Then I adjusted after several hours of playing and it became much less of an issue.

There's nothing wrong with TLoU 30 fps mode. It's just that when you're playing in 60 for a while the switch to 30 can be very, very jarring.

I hope people wake the fuck up about this. No amount of improved shadows/textures/lighting, etc should take precedence over 60fps. It's a god damn tragedy that it pretty much universally does.

ND will hopefully show the gaming world the light.

StuBurns

Banned
It's funny MGS4 was the comparison. When I was playing TLoU for the first time, I couldn't help but think it was the game the Metal Gear series was always striving to be. MGS, RE4, UC2 with some Ico thrown in there. What a melting pot.

Gav

Sigh.

I played it on PS3 last year, but never got chance to finish it. So damn excited to play it again.
Preordered from Gamestop UK weeks ago, and paid the £5.50 for express delivery, to ensure it got here today. Cancelled an in store preorder because Gamestop was cheaper.

Hasnt arrived. Annoyed.

StuBurns

Banned
Sigh.

I played it on PS3 last year, but never got chance to finish it. So damn excited to play it again.
Preordered from Gamestop UK weeks ago, and paid the £5.50 for express delivery, to ensure it got here today. Cancelled an in store preorder because Gamestop was cheaper.

Hasnt arrived. Annoyed.
Strange, I got mine a day early, as did a friend, and a few GAFfers mentioned getting it early.

Dazzyman

I got my copy thru. Those that never played this before enjoy an epic ride. One of my fav games on PS3 so no brainer to double dip. I'm just starting Mass Effect 2 on 360 as rebought trilogy so doing them first.

DSN2K

just reached
University
, how far am I in ? Ive stopped for a while now to see what the multiplayer is about.

Has anyone tweeted ND about the night sections being too dark? I wonder if it's a bug or if it was intentional. Hopefully it's a bug and they'll patch it.

Not trying to be a wiseass but aren't dark areas supposed to be dark. Like in the subway there is almost no light source in real life it would be hard to see without a flash light.

I have a sony full array LED Bravia and I haven't had much issues with color. Sure the dark scenes are dark but nothing turning on the flashlight doesn't fix.

Disguises

Anyone having issues connecting to Multiplayer? A friend and I can't join any game. Which sucks, because we planned to give it a go this evening...

EU btw.

Edit: Ah, looks like theres a multiplayer specific thread. I'll ask there.

Chabbles

Installed and ready to go. Picked up the Day one edition. Got home, took the game out of the bag and see its the regular edition.. muthafukr.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The checkpoint system in Grounded is horrible. Having to replay an entire section is fine, but jumping me back to the previous encounter to the one I died in is excessive. It's not making the game harder - it's making it more of a chore.

I'm cool with one hit kills from basic human enemy melees, and all the other insane tweaks they added that genuinely change the game's difficulty - but checkpointing is the type of thing you have to be so careful with to not irritate players. And colour me irritated.

It's definitely annoying at times, but for the most part it's fair, it's basically telling you, be perfect or you're screwed.

edit- the thing that's annoying to me is when you have to watch short cutscenes again because of the checkpoints, for instance the subway scene, everytime you restarted you had to pick up the molotov and watch him look at it and explain what it is, etc.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I LOVE this game. Trying my best to be stealthy, but I love how seamless it is to go into melee or shooting after being seen. Love how you'll slam a guys face into a wall if you're stood near it etc

Andrew.

Banned
I have just discovered the magic that is Share Factory. The TLOU theme that just got put in is crazy cool.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

CLIP FEST

First time playing this game...

I'm stuck at the part trying to take out the clickers in the collapsed office building (just joined up with Ellie) but so far I'm having a blast. Game is phenomenal in every single aspect.

You haven't seen anything yet.

One thing to remember when playing the game is that you DON'T have to engage every enemy, especially the clickers. They are tough but cannot see so for the most part if you are low on supplies or just plain scared you can/should avoid them. I generally avoid them while taking out runners an stalkers and then move on. Every once in a while I shiv one. If you have a molotov you can throw a bottle to get them to congregate and then light them all on fire.

omonimo

Banned
Ok there is definitely something wrong in the brightness. I have set to 0 the bar in the options & still I see too much bright. It was fine until the
the escape in the city
. Before, game was fine.

Top Bottom