• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U no longer launching In 2015, will not be at E3 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'll say what i said for UC4's delay

"Miyamotoquote.jpg"

Of course, it may just appear on NX instead or as a cross platform. If that has an actual controller scheme that isnt tied to the tablet and is BC with Wii U games, i may pick one up

Nanashrew

Banned
This would have been the refinement stage of development for its release at the end of 2015 but it looks like they're now going to be adding additional things.

SalvaPot

"We are not making a 2015 release out top priority now, Instead our top priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game"

Sounds good to me, more time to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon
And Shin megami tensei X Fire Emblem

DVG

Wow and here I was doubting it when someone would say its gonna be delayed. Oh well. I'm sure they'll make good use of the time

yoplay

Looks like I am going hard with indie games this year on ma PS4. First Uncharted and now Zelda. May buy a Wii U for DKTF and ZWW though.

Not surprising in the slightest.

When it comes to Zelda, I'd rather the team delay it to make sure the game is complete as possible instead of rushing it out to hit a specific release date. I'd rather wait a bit longer to play it than have another Wind Waker scenario where 2 or so dungeons get cut.

Big One

Banned
Really hoping Aonuma does something awesome with his time. I'm confidant the game will be more open ended than the previous 3D Zelda games, however I'm not completely confidant that this'll be implemented in a way that actually makes exploring worthwhile. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker have huge worlds as well, but there is very little to do in them and plenty of empty space. Yes I know Zelda Wii U is supposed to be "bigger" but a lot more empty space than something like Twilight Princess does not seem appealing to me at all.

Haunted

Obviously.

I've said this before in many threads and have been called out by numerous people every time (no reason to delay! it won't happen! you have no proof!).

I won't dig through the post history - you guys know who you are. :)

Sandfox

I honestly forgot all about Zelda U until now. Hopefully we get some nice footage at E3.

Yep. This was the obvious one next to Uncharted 4. To me, Halo 5 is the one that could get hit next.

It would be kinda funny if Halo was delayed too.

Well at least now the NX will probably have an awesome launch game. I was really looking forward to Zelda in 2015, though :(

That really depends on when it releases.

MattyG

Banned
giphy.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The delays for this and Uncharted are surprising to me not because they happened, but because they were announced in March 2015 when no one was expecting either to launch until November. It seems pretty early to call a delay. Zelda did look VERY early at TGAs so maybe they knew 2015 was more of a pipe dream than ND but it still seems odd to announce it so early.

Knew this was going to happen. Sad, but it seemed inevitable.

I wonder if Halo is next on the chopping block.

All the big late fall games are moving to 2016.
Knowing MS they'll keep Halo in 2015 no matter what so they can have a big holiday while the competition doesn't have their headlining franchises.

jeffers

I get the strange feeling NoE put this video up early.

This doesn't surprise me at all though, the game looked pretty rough at the Game Awards. Have been saying for months I didn't see this game making it this year.

I bet Star Fox will now be pushed back to October-December sometime. What else does Nintendo have towards the end of the year..? Xenoblade Chronicles X?

get the feeling there really was supposed to be a direct this week but they bailed on it.

Jomjom

Banned
All the major games are getting delayed to 2016. Next are you going to tell me Persona 5 is going to be delayed to 2016 too?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom