• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 at PSX - Impressions, Gameplay, etc.

Sophia

Still not sure what the point of using a 21:9 esque aspect ratio if you're just going to waste it by having the FOV be so small.

The melee looked pretty cool tho.

Flappy

Banned
Looks kind of boring. But I'll be playing it for the style and visuals.

Sometimes it's okay to enjoy a game just for it's atmosphere.

labaronx

The shotgun damage was neat.

The game looks like crap though. Jesus. They had more than enough chances, and it still looks like absolute garbage.

I don't wanna shit the thread though, if people are happy with this game, more power to them, I'm leaving.

It'll probably be less thread shitting if you articulated what you dont like about it instead of using terms like absolute garbage

It might not be your cup of tea but absolute garbage is serious hyperbole

Rembrandt

Banned
Infinity Blade has more in-depth combat.

We're regressing, guys.

and the fact it seems to be a constant thing every time you melee, lol. that's a weird choice.

game looks okay? maybe it's on me for expecting a lot more from it, but it's literally a cover shooter without the Gears meaty weight. looks like it might be fun to play, but the hype/reveals/etc had me expecting a lot more. It could be that it doesn't demo well or something.

Loudninja

Basically some people were never going to be satisfied with anything they shown.

I dont think they cant win at all here.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
In what way?

The aesthetic and general setting? Not sure what the world is that you're inhabiting but from yesterdays "trailer" and what we've seen so far it seems interesting. If the combat boils down to the snap-to cover shooting that simply works (why change what does), mores the better.

Good start :)

There was choice in cover and tactics, and I've learned that I prefer Gears-like action in enclosed spaces with shorter range engagements - something I'd expect a cinematic game to shoot for.

It also looked like one bruiser (the one with the coach gun?) was rushing their initial position which could mean enemies can flush you out of cover and keep you from turtling, which would be a great sign.

Looked alright, not much any different from most other third person cover shooters. Didn't have high hopes so it was about what I was expecting. Still interested for the setting and atmosphere.

Gunplay looks great, really mety with some nice weight to the weapons, but what in the hell were they thinking with that melee cut-scene.

My god, that has to be the one of the worst things I've seen in some time.

MormaPope

Banned
Basically some people were never going to be satisfied with anything they shown.

I dont think they cant win at all here.

So if someone doesn't like something you like you can apply this reasoning 24/7 right?

On another note, this doesn't look like Gears of War at all. Gears revolved around mobility, constantly flanking, enemies required a lot more bullets to kill, had full blown co-op, Gears also looks smoother when it comes to combat loops.

I played a shit ton of Gears 1&3, this ain't Gears.

For a game releasing in two months, it still seems they don't know how to push it. Bigger issue still seems to be that after 8-12 hours of story, what else is there? Disappointed they don't even have a coop horde mode.

I'm convinced they need to show some slow exploration, npc interaction, and perhaps light puzzle solving to change the perception of the game. The game is a shooter, we get it, but what else is there? Show us the amazing city for christs sake.

charsace

Graphics are great. Game play looks very average and outside of a few animations the animation in this game is only slightly above average.

Bloodborne is closer to the feeling of the debut trailer for the Order than the Order game play videos have been.

I was a bit confused by the melee video. That was gameplay? I guess it was the animations that made me skeptical. Looks like there's probably some QTE thrown in there

Miker

Well, the shotgun has a huge blast radius and looks fun to use.

And that's all I got. Doesn't look great otherwise.

Gamer345

Banned
So if someone doesn't like something you like you can apply this reasoning 24/7 right?

On another note, this doesn't look like Gears of War at all. Gears revolved around mobility, constantly flanking, enemies required a lot more bullets to kill, had full blown co-op, Gears also looks smoother when it comes to combat loops.

I played a shit ton of Gears 1&3, this ain't Gears.

This is not Gears, this is The Order 1886, looking for Gears is ridiculous

As loud ninja said, People have already made up their mind, people wanted gameplay gameplay was shown, but even before a footage is shown like yesterday,certain people will say its boring no matter what cause their minds have been made up even before playing the game

As loud ninja said, People have already made up their mind, people wanted gameplay gameplay was shown, but even before a footage is shown like yesterday,certain people will say its boring no matter what cause their minds have been made up even before playing the game

Likewise some people have already decided to like it whether what they show is exciting or not.

This is a pointless thing to point out.

PBY

Banned

What does this even mean? We're shown footage, we comment on what we see?

You're basically applying that comment to people who are down on it, because they disagree with you

MormaPope

Banned

I didn't say or imply that I was expecting Gears from the Order, I'm replying to the people saying it looks like Gears. Thanks for the defensive reply though.

border

Looks kind of dull. Why even bother with all the cool genre elements like steampunk and werewolves if the game is just going to be about shooting assholes in a kitchen?

Gamer345

Banned
]Likewise some people have already decided to like it whether what they show is exciting or not.[/B]

This is a pointless thing to point out.

This is not true in most cases compared to the other side

People who like it see new footage and tell you what they like, what they didnt, but overall think it is decent

People who dont like it have that same generalization statement, generic, dull, boring without actually shelling out what part they like or they didnt, they have already gotten those statements ready for a new footage and will look at the new footage that way

BadAss2961

I didn't say or imply that I was expecting Gears from the Order, I'm replying to the people saying it looks like Gears. Thanks for the defensive reply though.
People say it looks like Gears because it's the closest thing it compares to in terms of gameplay.

The Order definitely looks more tanky though.

PBY

Banned
This is not true in most cases compared to the other side

People who like it see new footage and tell you what they like, what they didnt, but overall think it is decent

People who dont like it have that same generalization statement, generic, dull, boring without actually shelling out what part they like or they didnt, they have already gotten those statements ready for a new footage and will look at the new footage that way

Graphics look awesome, guns sound nice

Level is cramped, combat looks rough, melee looks awful, overall extremely boring.

there.

Gamer345

Banned

You're basically applying that comment to people who are down on it, because they disagree with you

Am not saying everyone who says it is bad have made up their mind, I actually see some constructive criticism of what they didnt like, but most people have gotten some statements ready no matter what is shown

MormaPope

Banned
Am not saying everyone who says it is bad have made up their mind, I actually see some constructive criticism of what they didnt like, but most people have gotten some statements ready no matter what is shown

As if some of the more positive people couldn't do the same thing.

Gamer345

Banned

Am not saying everyone who says it is bad have made up their mind, I actually see some constructive criticism of what they didnt like, but most people have gotten some statements ready no matter what footage is shown

Top Bottom